Out of Clayton County

Fresno, CA

#65 Mar 16, 2011
I had inherited four rental properties from my uncle on his passing, this was back in 1991.. Just as the white flight started changing Riverdale; I like to think I'm non-racist-my business partner at the time was African American and we both aw the problem right away. Crime was getting out of control, I was having the police to respond to problems constantly. Each apartment complex was like its own civil war; one complex burned down because Someone "disrespected" someone else (I later learned that a family who had lived in the building for one more week than the family next door, felt that their one week seniority entitled them to ask for no-interest "loans" with a "reversed" repayment plan) and when that didn't go so well- they set fire to the offending family's appt.. Unfortunately, when you set fire to a building that is linked to all the other buildings-it burns everyone's homes down too.(No wonder the schools lost their accreditation , with such exemplars in the community).

Criminals come in all colors, and genders. I also had problems tenants who were white, and several times I had to hire private security to make sure my building didn't become "that building where all the tenants get raped/molested/killed and stuffed under the stairs".
A lot of it was income, there were just more poor people now..

I moved to Ca, it was the best choice I could make under the circumstances..
Peckerwood

Norcross, GA

#67 Mar 21, 2011
Funny wrote:
Maybe you guys are being harsh. You are so quick to dog out Clayton County schools but no school system in Goergia Period is doing better than another. I myself am a Clayton County student and I am also apart of Questbridge, a prestigous program that 20,000 tried out for but only 200 got. Stanford girl may have a poor vocabulary but I personally happen to know this girl and she is in fact going to Stanford and her application about Clayton County (loss of accreditation etc.) was put in the AJC and the New York TImes came to interview her. She wrote about the people who thought Clayton County was garbage and that stalked blogs like these and posted such negative poorly thought out responses. She wrote about white citzens who ran away from Clayton County thinking that blacks were the main issue in every negative situation. She wrote about many of the individuals that are on these blogs, average white Americans with minimal degrees that think they are some degree of better than the rest of us because they are simply white. She wrote aout all of these things and I agree with her. You guys are no longer the future of America. You are washed up middle class citizens who live in Peachtree city and think you're doing something or even worse that you're someone. I am the future and so is Stanford girl. White Flight is not longer needed. Look around Barack Obama is president of the United States of America, you are an average white american citizen with nothing to offer the world but your racism and petty arguing. You better do it Stanford girl and show these unclassy Henry, Fayette County residents that Clayton County is where it is. Have fun you White Flighters how does it feel to know you served your purpose in America and have not only contributed nothing to our society (but racism) and we no longer have use for you. You poor white people when will you learn the color of your skin means nothin.
This is too funny! PLEASE continue to pass the word along to ALL the other fine examples of Clayton county schools to post on here. The idocacy of your ramblings are just too much!! LMAO

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#68 Mar 22, 2011
...Is Clayton County, Ga. Preparing to Celebrate the Scottish-American Heritage, April 3 to 10 ?

http://outboundlink.net/anxo/dr_ta_1/goto.php...
madmax

Covington, GA

#69 Apr 26, 2011
Woman in Clayton wrote:
Bill and others who have left. I live in Clayton County and thank you for leaving. Whether you are White or Black please stop stepping on Clayton County. We have many strong, viable middle class Black communities. Our crime is down and that is because we the citizens, are working to make it safe for everyone. So go ahead and enjoy your lives where you are now and let us be.
trust me i left as well and couldnt be happier,clayton county sucks end of story...

Location hidden

#70 Apr 30, 2011
...I'm starting to see what everyone was running from in Clayton County, Ga......They wasn't running because they was racist, they was running from a society of lopsided, brainless, and totally dysfunctional & ignorant human beings, that caters to absolutely nothing but nonsense and their own selfless needs......I know, because I was too trusting to believe that such things could actually happen; I was wrong.
Ponder

Jonesboro, GA

#71 May 1, 2011
Come on guys this is pretty lame. If you don't live in Clayton County who cares. More power to you. What is the point in dogging the school systems out and the people who stay there. If you don't like the county you ren't subject to staying ther and they can't make you like it but do you all not see how dumb you look. You are sitting behind a computer screen saying everything that you wouldn't say to anyone if they were face to face. You guys complainging about the woes of Clayton County is the equivalent to people complaining about Barack Obama. Sling mud, call him every name in the book but he's still the President. He could care less and the people of Clayton County could care less. Regardless of the things you say on here Clayton County still exist and in reality is a prime location. When the people of Clayton County lost their accreditation, everyone expected those individuals to sell their homes for dirt cheap to move to some surrounding county with "better" school systems. People (maybe white people but just people in general) were then going to move back in buy the houses dirt cheap and capitalizeon the prime location. Clayton County is by the airport, it's right on 285 and Tara Blvd and its the closest to the highway. Come on people Clayton County and the people who inhabit there aren't stupid. This whole black and white thing is ridiculous so I won't even get caught up in that. This bickering over black people being this or that is played out. In America, money talks and if you honestly think the problem in Clayton County is race instead of money then you are as stupid as many of you appear to be on this blog. Anyway have fun with this blog. I know someone will copy my text find a misspelled word and attempt to discredit my passage. You guys are too old to be bickering about a County you are no longer apart of.
Tired of the Lies

Atlanta, GA

#73 May 9, 2011
It makes me "SICK" as I read about the good ole days of Clayton County. I grew up in Clayton County also, and have lived in Clayton County on and off for more than 20 years and the fond memories I have would be of the Ku Klux Klan marching and passing out literature on Ga Hwy 85 in Riverdale. The "Good Ole Clayton County" is full of "Good Ole Boys" with their sheets tucked in the garage. The good ole days are gone, deal with it!
If you don't like it, you are right, GET OUT! But guess what, "MINORITIES are everywhere...idiot!
Tired of the Lies!

Location hidden

#74 May 10, 2011
....Blame LBJ for signing The Fair Housing Act to make it possible.
an American

Newnan, GA

#76 Jun 19, 2011
Stanford Clayton County wrote:
You guys are hilarious. I am a recent grad from Clayton county and I am doing better than all of you nay sayers about Clayton County put together. White fligh for average white people who only have their race as a way to look down on othes. Stanford thought my education from Clayton County was great harvard thought i was great emory thought i was great and i am fom clayton county. Never in my life have i seen a gang fight or any type of drama. Where do your kids go to college now since you ran to fayette county and henry county so quickly. Are they going to ivy league. Probably not just Uga (isn't their acceptance rate like 67 percent) for other average white people who still believe in white flight. Didnt you people learn anything in us history or economics. The media finds a county such as clayton county picks it to pieces and lets everyone (you lazy racist self righteous average white people)run away. next thing you know they have sold your homes (the ones you sold so quickly to run away from Clayton County) for double the price and build it as a white community. I tell you. You guys ae the reason America is in so much touble. You think that you are so civilized because you likve in Fayette Henry o wherever. You kids are aveage you are average and you will forever be aveage. I have to go now while I'm at Stnford tell your kids at UGA to have fun now.
Signed a Clayton County student
---You sound like a REAL edumacated person-it's just that you don't know how to spell the WORDS you use!!!!!! ha ha etc.
an American

Newnan, GA

#77 Jun 19, 2011
Peckerwood wrote:
<quoted text>
This is too funny! PLEASE continue to pass the word along to ALL the other fine examples of Clayton county schools to post on here. The idocacy of your ramblings are just too much!! LMAO
this is the first time i've read these BLOG'S. I just moved out of cc last month and when i rode past my old duplex the other day Both a/c units were GONE....i had lived there for more than 30 yrs.(with not one major crime or little crime against us) I am afraid that it's TRUE what these people are saying. If you don't agree then you are part of the problem!!!! 30 years!!!!!!!!!!
an American

Newnan, GA

#78 Jun 19, 2011
Ponder wrote:
Come on guys this is pretty lame. If you don't live in Clayton County who cares. More power to you. What is the point in dogging the school systems out and the people who stay there. If you don't like the county you ren't subject to staying ther and they can't make you like it but do you all not see how dumb you look. You are sitting behind a computer screen saying everything that you wouldn't say to anyone if they were face to face. You guys complainging about the woes of Clayton County is the equivalent to people complaining about Barack Obama. Sling mud, call him every name in the book but he's still the President. He could care less and the people of Clayton County could care less. Regardless of the things you say on here Clayton County still exist and in reality is a prime location. When the people of Clayton County lost their accreditation, everyone expected those individuals to sell their homes for dirt cheap to move to some surrounding county with "better" school systems. People (maybe white people but just people in general) were then going to move back in buy the houses dirt cheap and capitalizeon the prime location. Clayton County is by the airport, it's right on 285 and Tara Blvd and its the closest to the highway. Come on people Clayton County and the people who inhabit there aren't stupid. This whole black and white thing is ridiculous so I won't even get caught up in that. This bickering over black people being this or that is played out. In America, money talks and if you honestly think the problem in Clayton County is race instead of money then you are as stupid as many of you appear to be on this blog. Anyway have fun with this blog. I know someone will copy my text find a misspelled word and attempt to discredit my passage. You guys are too old to be bickering about a County you are no longer apart of.
Good Point!!!!!!!!!
Sam Spade

Atlanta, GA

#79 Jun 20, 2011
I have lived in CC for 31 years. Yes, CC use to be a beautiful place with nice shopping and entertainment. I still live here. Do I buy groceries here? Yes Do I go to malls or any type entertainment? Helll NO! and..for you thugs out there..You try to break in my house and I catch you..I will drag your azz in my house and shove a .45 ACP right down your throat!! and watch your pathetic brain spew on my beautiful hardwood floors. Watch who you rob if your reading.
Sam Spade

Atlanta, GA

#80 Jun 20, 2011
Ponder wrote:
You just said that people that don't live in CC shouldn't be concerned about blogging and you are living in Newnan. WTF is that Ponder??? I think YOU need to worry about Newnan.
Datright

Decatur, GA

#81 Jun 22, 2011
Alot of these "ignant" ghetto fools are not from Georgia. They are transplants from New Orleans. We got the worst of the group. It's like they did close down Guantanamo Bay Detention Center sending them all here. Some of the other ones were living near Atlantic Station when their was projects their. Yep, Clayton County, unfortunately, has gotten the worst of the worst. Being politically correct with only minimize the problem.

Here's one for you Bill;
http://youtu.be/Q-a7KPmOnok

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#82 Jun 23, 2011
How about the News report on Tuesday night that reported that Clayton County has the absolute highest unemployment rate of any county in the state at 14.7%.

I would say that speaks volumes about the Majority of makeup of the county. Uneducated, Unemployable Thugs.

Location hidden

#83 Jun 27, 2011
Bill in Clayton County wrote:
How about the News report on Tuesday night that reported that Clayton County has the absolute highest unemployment rate of any county in the state at 14.7%.
I would say that speaks volumes about the Majority of makeup of the county. Uneducated, Unemployable Thugs.
....I echo what Bill said about Clayton County; This can't attract any industries, because of the lazy and shiftless thugs that came into our county. Now these same thugs is having a breeding feast and throwing out the welcome matt for their cohorts, from all across The Nation. This includes bringing in their own Elected Officals too.

Location hidden

#84 Jun 30, 2011
..Clayton County, Ga. has become Inhabited with "Have Nots" and "Don't Cares".

Location hidden

#85 Jul 3, 2011
.......A Bowling Ball could be elected to any office in Clayton County, Ga.,as long as it's black.
fred

Atlanta, GA

#86 Nov 22, 2011
Retired USArmy wrote:
We shouldn't live in a society where we are so divided across a country that was built on the premises that together we stand.
May God bless you and all those who search for peace and happiness together.
I'm all about living together. When the renters moved in across the street with young children I actually went out and bought candy for them for Halloween. Then they broke into my house as a form of appreciation I guess and I'm sure its just a coincidence that I'm white and they are black. At any rate I'm sick of working 40+hrs a week just so they can sit on their butts and take my stuff and throw their trash in my yard. Clayton county is about to have one less honest hard working taxpayer.
fred

Atlanta, GA

#87 Nov 22, 2011
Kim wrote:
<quoted text>Are you on crack. The Hispanics are part of the problem. What world do you live in?
Funny but every Hispanic I know in Clayton actually works very hard for their money plus I don't know of any Hispanics in the corrupt Clayton County government.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clayton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Resident fights robbery suspects; 1 shot Jul '14 its me 1
Tara Blvd Becoming Atlanta's Stewart Avenue. (Feb '09) Jun '14 Its Obvious 18
Grand Jury Investigates Clayton School Board (Apr '08) Feb '14 Nostalgic Moment 25
Jonesboro rape-robbery suspect taken into custody (Jan '14) Jan '14 Dave 3
Official PIO Position Created (Dec '13) Dec '13 DoubleAction 1
Clayton County Deputies in Middle Georgia (Dec '13) Dec '13 Middle Georgia 1
any advice (Nov '13) Nov '13 relocating 1
•••

Clayton County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••