just a few more questions

Altamont, TN

#1 Feb 15, 2012
Channel Five did an investigative report on UCDD

Here is the link, if it does not go through check Channel 5 web site.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/16937130/do...

This is a cut and paste from the story. It is sad that these people get away with wasting our money on whatever they want.

"When they are wasting money, I can see it and I don't have to be an accountant or a lawyer or a genius to see it," Herron said afterwards.

But in the more than 4,000 pages of UCDD financial documents -- obtained by NewsChannel 5 Investigates under Tennessee's public records law -- we discovered even more questions.

For example, there were some some suspicious-looking receipts where Askins claimed to have reimbursed the agency for personal expenditures. When we asked to inspect the original receipt book, we found pages had been torn out.

That led UCDD's local lawyer to recommend that the agency hire a Nashville law firm.

Board chairman Mike Foster and vice chair John Pelham said those lawyers are also conducting an internal investigation.

"Should have to hire an attorney to investigate your own agency?" we asked the two men.

"Probably, not," Foster acknowledged. "But I think because of the implications that we felt like we should, probably."

In fact, our investigation found multiple Living the Dream checks that Askins wrote to herself for which those new attorneys say they cannot locate documentation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clay County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
info Sep '14 info 1
Clay County man sentenced to 90 years for drugs (Feb '14) Sep '14 Nonsense 6
Peggy Dale (Feb '14) Aug '14 byrdstown 4
Billy Westmorland and Them Ol' Brown Fish (Nov '13) Aug '14 Local Girl 4
Judges (Jul '14) Jul '14 Bucky 1
trying to locate friend (Dec '13) Dec '13 secret admirer 1
Tiffany Callopy works at 1st National bank is a... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lester 2
More from around the web