Holt Police Force Dwindles To 3 Officers

Holt Police Force Dwindles To 3 Officers

There are 12 comments on the TheKansasCityChannel.com story from Sep 22, 2007, titled Holt Police Force Dwindles To 3 Officers. In it, TheKansasCityChannel.com reports that:

“I have the accelerator to the floor and it's going, like, 10 mph. Holt isn't a big town, but it took, like, four minutes to get across town”

All but three police officers are left in Holt -- the rest have quit. Then, while Officer Sandy Barber was on duty Thursday night, both of the city's police cars broke down. via TheKansasCityChannel.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TheKansasCityChannel.com.

BIG TEX

Houston, TX

#1 Oct 3, 2007
THE CITY OF HOLT, MISSOURI IS VERY LOW CLASS WHEN IT COMES TO SPENDING MONEY FOR THE POLICE SERVICE. I KNOW ITS HARD TO HIRE GOOD COPS AND TO KEEP THEM ON IS ANOTHER. I GREW UP IN KEARNEY AND AS A KID WATCH THE COPS DIVE OLD BEAT UP CARS FOR PATROL. THE COPS WERE YOUNG OR OLD, HOLT HAS HAD SOME MESS UPS WITH ITS COPS, JEFF BOLDWIN LIKED THE GIRLS AND RACE THE BOY FRIENDS ON 35 HWY, ONE WAS A PART OF THE BANK HOLD UP IN HOLT. HOW ABOUT THE ONE WHO MADE THE 10 MOST WANTED AND WAS ON THE TV SHOW MOST WANTED AND IT UP HOLT ON THE MAP. GO BACK WITH OFFICER CHUCK MOSS AND RAN A GOOD DEPT AND ONLY HAD HIMSELF AND BIG JOHN NESBUME AS HIS OFFICER. THEY DID A GREAT JOB AND THEY WERE EVERY PLACE.
QUESTION AUTHORITY

UK

#2 Oct 10, 2007
I SEEN THE NEWS. MY QUESTION WHY ARE COPS LEAVING? I TALKED WITH SOME HOLT COPS AND NOT ABOUT MONEY. TALK OF PROBLEMS WITH MAYOR. FIND OUT WHY AND MAYBE NOT HAPPENS AGAIN.
Just Concerned

United States

#3 Nov 1, 2007
So what has been done so far in Holt...is there a new police chief yet. That i think would be the first priority for the Mayor..
Just Concerned

United States

#4 Nov 1, 2007
Have a police chief yet?????
Nonia

Manchester, KY

#5 Sep 12, 2011
the Police don't get paid enough...But yet they think that are God...Just because they think
they can treat Good people like shit...And whats
so funny about it all they all do the same thing too...And they become griedy because they don't get Paid enoung.....
Duh

El Dorado Springs, MO

#6 Sep 15, 2011
If you can't spell or form a sentence you probably shouldn't be posting...
Brew baker

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 24, 2012
Holt isn't a big enough town to need a police. They are only running a speed trap operation to generate $$$ and making a profit. They even went so far as to try and annex roads outside the city limits stricly for speeding tickets. They only hire the VERY bottom of the barrel (Chiefs included). Typically what the deal is in small towns like this is that the Sheriff's department could easily take care of calls from citizens and we don't even need a police. The mayor and city officials always want their own "Goon squad" that answers to them. They can then pass a bunch of city ordinances and have their own bullies to enforce them. It is actually pretty sad but this is the same old story that alot of small towns endure. Usually the city government is made up of people who were never able to really accomplish much else in life and they approach their positions with a certain zeal. Most of the time they only run for office because #1 no one wants the job #2 they have some motivation to take charge of a neighbor that has made them mad or that doesn't keep up their property as they see they should. They also encourage speeding tickets to offset the cost of paying the cops and in our case find low end cops that work for free just for the fun of writing the tickets. I have a feeling that some one is looking into the legal aspects of their annexed roads for speeding tickets.
Hmmmmmm

Arlington, TX

#8 Nov 13, 2015
Big meth issues out by the old red barn
BigDogMom

Excelsior Springs, MO

#9 Nov 18, 2015
Hmmmmmm wrote:
Big meth issues out by the old red barn
What's wrong, did they cut you off?
Tim

Dallas, TX

#10 Nov 19, 2015
Big dog mom, you still screwing your x you fat bitch
BigDogMom

Overland Park, KS

#11 Feb 2, 2016
Tim wrote:
Big dog mom, you still screwing your x you fat bitch
No Im screwing your dad.
What

Sevierville, TN

#12 Mar 10, 2016
Bummer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clay County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
closed adoption adoptee Roberts Mar '16 Debbie Lee 1
News Kansas City mom convicted of selling meth in ch... (Jan '13) Nov '15 Bottoms up 6
deadbeat dad (Jun '09) Nov '15 Hmmmmmm 6
News Three found dead in car overturned in creek (Dec '08) Nov '15 Yep 12
News Clay County associate judge appointed to circui... (Feb '08) Jan '15 Elanor 40
News Police Raid Claycomo Pawn Shop (Mar '08) Jan '14 Village Idiot 11
News Clay County jury finds woman guilty of hoarding... (Nov '12) Nov '12 AndNowForFacts 3
More from around the web