Wisconsin DNR: Wolves kill 4 dogs in ...

Wisconsin DNR: Wolves kill 4 dogs in last week

There are 3 comments on the Oshkosh Northwestern story from Jul 13, 2009, titled Wisconsin DNR: Wolves kill 4 dogs in last week. In it, Oshkosh Northwestern reports that:

The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources says wolves have killed four dogs in just the last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oshkosh Northwestern.

Wm Friday

Green Bay, WI

#1 Jul 13, 2009
Why were the wolves exterminated in this state. Sure was not because they were a food source. They were predators that killed live stock and pets and everything else they could catch. They were killed for good reason. Now some bleeding hearts seem to think they should be brought back and protected. I think these people live where there is no wolf habitat. Maybe things will change when some small children are killed in their own yards. Not to mention what will happen to the deer population in hard winters. I say get rid of them now before it is too late.
EJ Here

Mineral Point, WI

#2 Jul 16, 2009
Wolves are beautiful animals. BUT they do not belong in an area that is filled with families and farm animals. A friend of mine had their adult german shepherd attacked just outside the house, not more than 50 feet from the door. They now only allow their kids to walk in the woods with an adult who is usually armed with a 22. How long before a child is attacked?They started up in northern Wisconsin and are now commonly sighted in central Wisconsin which is far more populated. It is only a matter of time before a human is attacked. Maybe when their range finally reaches Madison or Milwaukee, these lawmakers will decide that relocating them to Wisconsin wasn't such a good idea. Nah, they'll just trap them and send them back up north for the rest of us to deal with.

Since: Sep 11

Onalaska, WI

#3 Jul 5, 2013
Hmmm. So exactly what were these 4 dogs doing? Being trained to hunt wolves....bears???
I live in wolf country. Keep your dogs contained....most communities have leash laws. Up here my common sense doesn't let my dogs run loose. Either a car will hit them, predators may get them, and they don't belong just running the neighborhood.
I love where I live. I live with the area's wildlife. No bleeding heart here. You might want to watch out for that 22, that makes me nervous....not the wildlife in the woods!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clark County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Watch out Nano Iaplant Identity Thieves! NOTICE! (Nov '15) Nov '15 frank 1
News Abbotsford couple facing drug charges as result... (Aug '15) Aug '15 holly 1
News Man accused of exposing himself to women in Cla... (Aug '15) Aug '15 tina 1
News Resort designed for travelers' special needs (Jul '13) Jul '13 Will Ruemmele 2
News Where's the Owen Police Chief? (Nov '12) Nov '12 Wisconsin-buzz 1
News Yesterday in Marshfield (May '12) May '12 nicole 1
News Clark County Democrats talk Walker recall (Nov '11) Nov '11 Anonymous 2
More from around the web