The Effect of Dams on Global Warming
A new study has revealed the under-appreciation that exists for the role dams play in climate change; how the reservoirs behind them can cause surges of greenhouse gases as the water levels go up and down.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Environmental News Network.
#1 Aug 20, 2012
Who says humans are benign?
80,000 dams in USA alone!
#2 Aug 20, 2012
1. Reduce our personal carbon footprint by 20 percent in the next year.
2. Stop subsidizing fossil fuels.
3. Vote for Obama/Biden.
4. Shift towards more vegetarian diets.
5. Scientists better communicate the scientific facts underlying climate change.+
6. Scientists and engineers develop cheap alternative energy sources to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.+
7. Reduce waste water treatment costs.*
8. Reduce costs to absorb CO2 from industrial activities.*
9. Manage the timing, magnitude, and speed of reservoir drawdowns in order to mitigate methane releases to the atmosphere.^
+ http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/591970/ ...
* http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/ ...
Add your comments below
|Ex-teacher, 39, admits having sex with 12-year-... (Jun '07)||May 31||Alicia||9|
|Jail inmate charged with escape (Jan '15)||Jan '15||ailegalcounsel||2|
|Body recovered from Columbia River in Vancouver (Nov '14)||Nov '14||Jojo||3|
|Wash. state residents get more health insurance... (Aug '14)||Aug '14||Boone||1|
|Clark County extends pot moratorium (Feb '14)||Apr '14||Lynn||2|
|Sparks confirms the end is near (Mar '14)||Mar '14||Caller60||1|
|Bones found along I-5 identified as missing Van... (May '13)||May '13||Lane radford||1|
Find what you want!
Search Clark County Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC