The Effect of Dams on Global Warming
Aug 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Environmental News Network
A new study has revealed the under-appreciation that exists for the role dams play in climate change; how the reservoirs behind them can cause surges of greenhouse gases as the water levels go up and down.
Who says humans are benign?
80,000 dams in USA alone!
1. Reduce our personal carbon footprint by 20 percent in the next year.
2. Stop subsidizing fossil fuels.
3. Vote for Obama/Biden.
4. Shift towards more vegetarian diets.
5. Scientists better communicate the scientific facts underlying climate change.+
6. Scientists and engineers develop cheap alternative energy sources to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.+
7. Reduce waste water treatment costs.*
8. Reduce costs to absorb CO2 from industrial activities.*
9. Manage the timing, magnitude, and speed of reservoir drawdowns in order to mitigate methane releases to the atmosphere.^
+ http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/591970/ ...
* http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/ ...
|Sparks confirms the end is near||Mar 6||Caller60||1|
|Clark County extends pot moratorium||Feb 13||Mr_America||1|
|Ex-teacher, 39, admits having sex with 12-year-... (Jun '07)||Oct '13||polaite boy||8|
|Bones found along I-5 identified as missing Van... (May '13)||May '13||Lane radford||1|
|Suspected Vancouver prowler was shot in chest (Feb '13)||Feb '13||Brad||1|
|Same-sex couples claim their new right to marri... (Dec '12)||Dec '12||Readwhitebluedeath||2|
|Tea Party, Occupy: grass-roots movements find p... (Sep '12)||Sep '12||Gotcha||1|