Woman's body found on Claiborne County road

Jul 24, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WATE-TV Knoxville

The badly decomposing body of a woman was found early Saturday on the side of a road near Tazewell.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Whatever

Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

The victim's daughter was talking about those dogs being loose, and the news people stated that we have no animal control people to enforce the laws, well when it comes to something like that it is up to the Health Dept. to ensure those dogs are put up and local law enforcement can enfore the law. They just don't want to .
Dee Dee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

I Think Thoses Dogs Should Be Put Down And The Owner Charge I am Her Sister And If I Could I
Would Put Her Picture On A Bill Board And Put
It In The Owners Yard I Hope He Knows How Her Family Is Hurting And Will Hurt For A Long Time
EVERYDAY CITIZEN

New Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

personally I think it is the people in our public offices who have failed and is at fault as much as the owner, they gave the owner the freedom to make a decision that ended in a tragic loss of life, yet no matter whose fault it was, the family is in mourning for an unnecessary loss due to neglience by the owner and our public works services. The law is the law and should be enforced by anyone wearing a badge with in the legal limits (which I do not know in a case like this, so it could have been done, not for me to judge, instead of focusing on who to blame the focus should be on what to do to prevent it from ever happening again to anyone in our community.
WAIT WAIT WAIT

Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Who said the dogs killed her how do you know it wasnt she was dead before and the dogs do what animals do eat well yea you know no need to be graphic, i dont know to be honest ive just heard the story i never watched it on the news so did they say in the autopsy it was infact caused by the dogs?
im a hustla

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Click on full story at the top of the page.
WAIT WAIT WAIT

Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

i did thought of that right after and no autosy is not back yet, if she was out walking truth is at 61 might have been a heat stroke lord knows this weathers been unberable
Mis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

These people are blameing a bunch me dog to make them selves feel better. I'm not trying to be mean or harsh but if this family allows a 60 something year old woman who weights 80 lbs take off walking in nearly 100 degree heat your family is just as much to blame as any one stop pointing fingers until you get a report from the m.e.
Rambo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

My question as I stated on another post started on here is that a witness seen her trying to get the dogs away. Why did these people not go and help or call for help if they felt she was in trouble. She would have to be alive at this time???
Glitterlane

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

This is Wilma's neice. You know there are alot of Questions right now, some that I can't answer but to the ones of you that can't put two and two together, here you go, " I don't understand why the Grady lady didn't call 911 when she saw Wilma leaning up against the tree trying to shooo the dogs away. She was alive then. The dogs either attacked her, or made her have a heartattack. As for the family members not helping her, I will say that Wilma did what she wanted to do, She wasn't that old {63yrs old}, she had a good mind, sure she was small but let me say this, Her family loved her very much, it is not our fault that this happened. Stay to the facts people, stop hurting this family more than what we are already hurting.

Wilma was a great person, she didn't deserve to die the way she did. What is wrong with you people. This was a HUMAN LIFE that God made, so please stop being mean because it hurts really bad. Those were just dogs, don't get me wrong, I love dogs myself, but you can always replace a dog, You can't REPLACE A HUMAN LIFE, A Mother, Sister, Aunt or Cousin. Did anyone think about this!!!!
Also the dogs have been known to kill other things too.
Sad

Jonesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Its a damn shame that the world has come to this for gods sake animals have more rights than people and it is the human race we have to blame.Animals are useless peice of flesh,I like my animals but I wont put them before a human life.I will keep your family in my prayers.
Glitterlane

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Sad wrote:
Its a damn shame that the world has come to this for gods sake animals have more rights than people and it is the human race we have to blame.Animals are useless peice of flesh,I like my animals but I wont put them before a human life.I will keep your family in my prayers.
THANK YOU!!! So someone does understand how we feel. God Bless You and we are really glad that you are here for us, it does make it a little easier. Thank You Again.
Glitterlane

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Mis wrote:
These people are blameing a bunch me dog to make them selves feel better. I'm not trying to be mean or harsh but if this family allows a 60 something year old woman who weights 80 lbs take off walking in nearly 100 degree heat your family is just as much to blame as any one stop pointing fingers until you get a report from the m.e.

I would like to put this to rest for once and all. You know if you had followed the rules about having pets, nobody would be blaming anybody and my Aunt might be alive right now. You are to keep your dog or dogs on leashes with something for shelter from the weather, and or have them in a lot, with food and water. You are responsible for what your dogs do, now do you want to go that way. No you don't.
If you do, we will go that way.
unbelievable

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Prayes to Wilmas family. Sorry for your loss.
Someone Special

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

What kind of dogs were they? The owner has to be feeling real bad'' The owner lived next to her right?
FYI

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

Those dogs have killed ALL other dogs and cats that lived in that area. They were all large dogs and had a history of killing. I say "had" because I drove by there the other day and all of the dogs are now gone. My prayers are with the family.

Since: May 10

New Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

As I have asked on another thread, if Ms Hurst did not go missing until Friday then why is everyone degrading this person that saw her and the dogs on the previous Monday? Had she been missing since Monday and no one reported it until Friday? I am pretty sure I read one article that said she was visiting with family; if that is the case were they not just a little curious where she was?
Rambo wrote:
My question as I stated on another post started on here is that a witness seen her trying to get the dogs away. Why did these people not go and help or call for help if they felt she was in trouble. She would have to be alive at this time???
just sayin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

Glitterlane and DeeDee - while your anger and pain are understandable, how about you take some of your own advice and stick to the facts please? Fact is, the dogs didn't kill your relative. And the only person who did see the dogs and her together didn't think she was being threatened, by that woman's own words.
Let me ask this, though: how is it that someone that the family is so endearing of can go missing for days on end before being reported missing??? Maybe a you're feeling a little guilty/responsible for not realizing sooner that she was out there in that heat .
Remember, when you point a finger at someone, there are three more fingers pointing back at you.
facts straight

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

the papers said she had been missing for a while and the family just realizes this a few days later ????? come on ???? and the woman said that she felt the lady was NOT threatened by the dogs no was she yellingfor help or trying to run away.........ppl. better have their FACTS STRAIGHT before pointing fingers to others.....and to fyi DO U HAVE HARD PROOF of the dogs killing other animals ???? yeah I goilg to let my 61 yr old relaive roam around too ...NOT u call that compassion for a loved one ????? BS
facts straight

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

I totally agree with just saying....
facts straight

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

Dee Dee wrote:
I Think Thoses Dogs Should Be Put Down And The Owner Charge I am Her Sister And If I Could I
Would Put Her Picture On A Bill Board And Put
It In The Owners Yard I Hope He Knows How Her Family Is Hurting And Will Hurt For A Long Time
i hope u read the sheriffs report re the casue of death in today's paper....STOP pointing fingers when u didn't KNOW the whole reasoning of her death and it WAS NOT THE DOGS !!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Claiborne County Discussions

Search the Claiborne County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
pills (Apr '11) 12 hr Goofy 3
Claiborne County Music Thread Jul 17 Musikologist 2
American Rental now open in New Tazewell (Dec '11) Jul 13 Friends 8
Bruce MacGregor snitch (Oct '13) Jun '14 Nozzle 3
too many homewreckin hos Jun '14 Nozzle 3
Claiborne County SNITCH Mathew Baltrip. (Sep '13) Jun '14 Nozzle 7
MISSING SPEEDWELL WOMAN: Kelly Clawson Jun '14 wondering 1
•••
•••