Sheriff's deputy opens his heart... and his wallet

Aug 21, 2008 Full story: KATU-TV Portland

Friday's intense heat brought out the giving side of a Clackamas County Sheriff's Deputy when he was called to the home of an elderly woman who was suffering with no air conditioning.

Read more
Shirley

Eugene, OR

#1 Aug 21, 2008
When we get innundated with so many negative stories, it is so refreshing to see "news" like this. I was truly touched and rememberer that 20 years ago I was burglarized on the 23rd of December. My 5 year old daughters gifts were all taken and the police officer that took my report showed up on Christmas Eve with a huge bag of gifts from his own children, wife and family! I think the officer in this story was cut from the same cloth! Kudos to him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clackamas County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cops Sorry for Shooting Beloved Pony Mar 7 Spotted Girl 5
News Bike Thief Caught... Wait. He Steals Goats, Too? Mar 4 civilliberty 1
News Home Invasion Robbers Hit Wilsonville Home Jan '15 Sh33pDog 1
News A Lane County grand jury indicts prominent gay ... Nov '14 Whinny the Poo 4
News Kelsey McCune, accused of girl's kidnap and rap... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Grumpy cat sez GOOD 1
News Police escalate efforts to capture Milwaukie ki... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Mother of a daughter 1
News Former David Wu challenger runs against Clackam... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Beverly 1
More from around the web