Oregon City man dies after early-morn...

Oregon City man dies after early-morning bar brawl

There are 6 comments on the The Oregonian story from Nov 1, 2008, titled Oregon City man dies after early-morning bar brawl. In it, The Oregonian reports that:

An Oregon City man died this morning after being severely beaten outside of a downtown bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Oregonian.

Who Cares

Canby, OR

#1 Nov 2, 2008
The Midway Tavern used to be a pretty mellow local hangout with an old Snooker table for the old folks who hung out there.

West Linn, OR

#2 Nov 4, 2008
Sin leads to death. Stay out of bars.
Who Cares

Canby, OR

#3 Nov 6, 2008
Bob, since when is having a beer a sin? Seems to me the first miracle Jesus performed was turning water to wine see John 2:1-11.

Fact: Jesus Christ drank wine, not only at the Passover observance every year (and, as He said, will do again in the future after His return), but at other times as well, as stated in the Scriptures:

"And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is My blood of the New Testament [see also Covenant and Testament], which is shed for many for the remission of sins. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's Kingdom" (Matthew 26:27-29 KJV)[see also "Thy Kingdom Come" - When?]
"The Son of man is come eating and drinking" (Luke 7:34 KJV)

So Bob my question: If Jesus Christ never sinned, but moderately drank wine, how can having a beer at the Midway be a sin?
Dan Veeco

San Diego, CA

#4 Nov 16, 2008
Hay Canby

Drinking alcohol is not a sin drinking coors is.

“Friends don’t let friends drink coors.”
Who Cares

Canby, OR

#5 Nov 17, 2008
Dan, I have to agree with you. LOL.
Todd Dugan

San Diego, CA

#6 Feb 1, 2009
Who Cares wrote:
The Midway Tavern used to be a pretty mellow local hangout with an old Snooker table for the old folks who hung out there.
sounds like some old time places I used to go to in both san diego and portland a long time ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clackamas County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman at center of landmark immigration case se... (May '15) May '15 wild child 1
News Terry Bean Arrested on Charges of Sex Abuse of ... (May '15) May '15 Nopervs 1
News Cops Sorry for Shooting Beloved Pony (Mar '15) Mar '15 Spotted Girl 5
News Bike Thief Caught... Wait. He Steals Goats, Too? (Mar '15) Mar '15 civilliberty 1
News Home Invasion Robbers Hit Wilsonville Home (Jan '15) Jan '15 Sh33pDog 1
News A Lane County grand jury indicts prominent gay ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Whinny the Poo 4
News Kelsey McCune, accused of girl's kidnap and rap... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Grumpy cat sez GOOD 1
More from around the web