Portland train station could become home to market-style vendors

Aug 26, 2007 Full story: Tri-cityherald.com

“There are some challenges both in the amount of square footage that it (Union Station) will ultimately yield and in the organization of the market”

In several years you may be able to go to Union Station to catch a salmon, Pike Place Market-style, along with your train. via Tri-cityherald.com

Full Story
philip

Portland, OR

#1 Aug 27, 2007
A Pike Place style market place. Hey thats what is needed big time. A market where you can buy a "fresh Willamette River Sewer Trout". Can't wait.

After the market place is in operation, a new law will be introduced, If a train is late, which it is most of the time, passengers will be required to wait outside the terminal, so as not to interfere with the shoppers (mostly from the pearl I would imagine). I just don't see many shoppers thinking "hey I'll just run down to the old train station to get some goodies, where there isn't any free parking,or parking for that matter at all".
bodo

The Dalles, OR

#2 Aug 27, 2007
turn it into a transportation center. Tri-met, Max, greyhound, Amtrak, and other service. Getting of work and picking up a salmon, tucking it under my arm and get on tri-met to go home in Gresham on a 95 degree day will not fly. I agree with philip, parking sucks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clackamas County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home Invasion Robbers Hit Wilsonville Home Jan '15 Sh33pDog 1
A Lane County grand jury indicts prominent gay ... Nov '14 Whinny the Poo 4
Kelsey McCune, accused of girl's kidnap and rap... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Grumpy cat sez GOOD 1
Police escalate efforts to capture Milwaukie ki... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Mother of a daughter 1
Former David Wu challenger runs against Clackam... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Beverly 1
Who is the man accused of murdering Whitney Hei... (Oct '12) Aug '13 Shhhhhhhhh 344
Body found on Mt. Hood; "high probability" it's... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Jun Hang 1
More from around the web