Covering Chilton County: Standoff In ...

Covering Chilton County: Standoff In Clanton Over

There are 8 comments on the WSFA-TV Montgomery story from Feb 6, 2008, titled Covering Chilton County: Standoff In Clanton Over. In it, WSFA-TV Montgomery reports that:

A multi-hour stand-off is in Chilton County is over. Clanton police tell WSFA 12 News the suspect committed suicide. via WSFA-TV Montgomery

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSFA-TV Montgomery.

Trailerowner

United States

#1 Feb 7, 2008
He did not shoot at the cops i was in the house when he shot and it was not at the cops.and he was not trying to shot at me or my baby he was trying to get out the back window.and they did not serve warrents eather.it was my trailer the damn cops tear gased and now we have to throw away all of our stuff and clean the trailer from top to bottom so there u go the cops lye.dont believe everything u hear on the news that the cops said they lye.and about him shooting himself they are looking into it.im not saying no more but he was not shooting at the cops.he wouls not do that he was in the floor playing with my 23 month old he was a sweet and loving boy he is our 2 cuzz and he did not live there eather.
Chilton Born

Clanton, AL

#2 Mar 16, 2008
First of all, the deputies where attemting to serve a legitimate criminal warrant on a person who has an extensive criminal history and is known to fight and run from law enforcment. When deputies approach the front door of a trailer and shots are fired from the inside, they are going to assume he is shooting at them. The deputies followed protocal and did what they where trained to do. The SWAT team did the same, protocal and training by the book. They fired tear gas into the trailer as a way of making him come outside and be safley taken into custody, as opposed to rushing in and risking a deadly gunfight. He took his own life, not the police. I am sorry your trailer and belongings where damaged but that is what happens when someone tries to butt heads with the law in Chilton County.
MichaelKeyes

United States

#3 Mar 18, 2008
I am still trying to understand why this man responded to the sherrif's deputies and the clanton police in this manner. Did he not know that he and he alone forced the police to respond in this manner? They were doing their job and doing it according to how he made them respond to the situation. Sorry about your belongings but blame him,not the police.
Kenneth Kellett

United States

#4 Aug 20, 2008
I know the family of the young man that died in this incident. I also knew Shannon very well. He did have a criminal history, but alot of people do. The autopsy is still under investigation as of Aug. 20th, 2008. This is because the Chilton County Sheriff stated that the only shots fired were the 3 shots inside the trailer that came from the suspect. This statement, made to newspapers, on the record, is in question because the gun Shannon had was a .38 caliber pistol. Shannon died of a gunshot wound that entered his back and exited his chest, puncturing his lung. He bled for approx. 4 hours until he died. The entry would on his back could not have came from a .38 caliber pistol. There was also glass present in the wound, making one believe he was shot through a window. But, if no officer fired a round, this leaves us with either a very limber man committing suicide with an invisible gun or a concerned citizen firing a shot at the suspect while he was totally surrounded by over 100 police officers from 3 different counties. OR THE POLICE LIED.......But, what are the chances of that.
anti chilton law

Calera, AL

#5 Apr 30, 2010
Chilton Born wrote:
First of all, the deputies where attemting to serve a legitimate criminal warrant on a person who has an extensive criminal history and is known to fight and run from law enforcment. When deputies approach the front door of a trailer and shots are fired from the inside, they are going to assume he is shooting at them. The deputies followed protocal and did what they where trained to do. The SWAT team did the same, protocal and training by the book. They fired tear gas into the trailer as a way of making him come outside and be safley taken into custody, as opposed to rushing in and risking a deadly gunfight. He took his own life, not the police. I am sorry your trailer and belongings where damaged but that is what happens when someone tries to butt heads with the law in Chilton County.
you must be one of them chilton county law officer fuckups
Louine

United States

#6 Oct 16, 2010
Yea and his sister Kaylie went through a neighbor hood and shot at some people almost hit innocent people and I guess it is ok if she hit some one blame the cops.Just a bad family>
kaylie ray

United States

#7 Dec 10, 2011
not a bad family, bad parents...kids cant help that...mind ya business. you bystanders dont know the half of what shannon lived through...got something youd like to say...2 me??
LoveIsHealing

United States

#10 Nov 27, 2017
Sorry for the typos...using voice to text

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chilton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leash Laws in Chilton County (Feb '07) Aug '16 sharon 9
News Police arrest 4 in meth lab bust (Feb '08) Jun '15 travis 22
Chilton County DHR. (Jan '07) Apr '15 fedup 66
Chilton county's, justice system is not,fair. (Aug '08) Jul '14 Chilton countian 72
News Briskey has abused his position on the city of ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 really 1
kristal ratliff (Sep '09) Sep '12 15 and lovin it 4
News Alabama Tornado 2012: State of Emergency Delcar... (Jan '12) Jan '12 john 1
More from around the web