Radford University student found dead...

Radford University student found dead - wtvr

There are 26 comments on the WTVR story from Oct 15, 2010, titled Radford University student found dead - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

CBS 6 is following breaking news out of Radford. That is where police are investigating the death of a college student from Chesterfield County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PTown

Richmond, VA

#1 Oct 15, 2010
Really? An alcohol related incident at Radford ...... you're kidding!? I am sorry to hear about a death, although Radford has never been known for its academics.
Radford

Chesapeake, VA

#2 Oct 15, 2010
PTown wrote:
Really? An alcohol related incident at Radford ...... you're kidding!? I am sorry to hear about a death, although Radford has never been known for its academics.
Well a comment like that seems to come from someone who does not know anything they are talking about. I attend Radford and I can tell you the academics are excellent and someone dying has nothing to do with academics. Every school has its mishaps just like everyone makes mistakes. So next time you want to sound like you know something do your research.
Michael A

Petersburg, VA

#3 Oct 16, 2010
Are there reasons they believe it could be alcohol related or because it is a college student on a college campus they assumed it was alcohol related
teachRU

Christiansburg, VA

#4 Oct 16, 2010
Radford wrote:
<quoted text>
Well a comment like that seems to come from someone who does not know anything they are talking about. I attend Radford and I can tell you the academics are excellent and someone dying has nothing to do with academics. Every school has its mishaps just like everyone makes mistakes. So next time you want to sound like you know something do your research.
i wish this site had a "like" button. I'm also a member of the RU family and this is clearly a tragedy, not something to be made into a joke about our university. Have some respect please.
TMT

Northfield, VT

#5 Oct 16, 2010
PTown wrote:
Obviously "PTown" never went to college. That is why he/she/it? is making such a comment. WAKE UP "PTown" someone's child/best friend/ brother is now dead. I guess when YOU die, we should post "he/she was an idiot anyway,no loss". Think about the bigger picture before you post.
keneth

Chester, VA

#6 Oct 16, 2010
Radford wrote:
<quoted text>
where is the sympathy for this boy and his family show some compassion and respect
anonymous

Richmond, VA

#7 Oct 16, 2010
Seriously. Show some respect for this young man and his family. I knew this boy personally and so did almost all of my friends. This was a complete accident, OK? And Radford is a very credible school, PTown! You should feel ashamed for assuming it is because of the school and saying "oh it's just alcohol--duh". It's deeper than that. A 20 year old boy DIED and you have no sympathy for his grieving family & friends. Get over yourself... We all know how and why it happened, we are just waiting for police to finish their investigation.. Think before you speak.
anon

Richmond, VA

#8 Oct 16, 2010
Wow. I'm shocked and surprised. How could something like that happen????????
anonymous

Richmond, VA

#9 Oct 16, 2010
PTown wrote:
PTown, you have absolutely no right to say that. Sam was one of mine and my brother's friends. We've known him for years. Next time you decide to post about someone's death, THINK!
lovey dovey

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Oct 19, 2010
this type of thing--children dying at college is becoming too prevalant in Virginia. A curse for Virginia colleges.

I cry w/ anguish for the loss of this boy, even tho I don't know him or his family.

I pray they can find solace in the hours, day, and years to come. However, i know with absolute certainty, that if it were my child I would never, ever have another peaceful hour in this lifetime.
okikk

Radford, VA

#11 Oct 20, 2010
i went to radford, still go here, sucks that sam died, TKE is a frat, like any other frat he drank way too much, too bad he didnt have good brothers to check on him all through the night
Martin Sanchez

Manassas, VA

#12 Oct 21, 2010
Give me a break already. If the kid is dumb enough to drink himself to death, so what? Blame his stupid parents to not bringing him up better. His death is their fault.
Tech alum

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Oct 21, 2010
Martin Sanchez wrote:
Give me a break already. If the kid is dumb enough to drink himself to death, so what? Blame his stupid parents to not bringing him up better. His death is their fault.
I can not believe that you would say something so cruel, idioitic, and hurtful. This is a tragedy period. It has nothing to do with his parents or his up bringing. A family has lost their son and you are calling out his parents for something that was beyond their control. The child made a mistake but I am so sure that you have never done such a thing. Think before you speak, what if this was your child or you for that matter and your family had to read such a heartless statement.
Martin Sanchez

Manassas, VA

#14 Oct 21, 2010
No. The Tragedy is the kid succumbed to peer pressure. Had his parents played more of an active role in his life this wouldn't have ever happened. Do you have any idea at all the number of college students that drink? They are not dropping by the thousands each weekend because they no when they've had enough. The responsibility lies with his parents.
Mama1990

Clarksville, MD

#15 Oct 21, 2010
Martin Sanchez wrote:
No. The Tragedy is the kid succumbed to peer pressure. Had his parents played more of an active role in his life this wouldn't have ever happened. Do you have any idea at all the number of college students that drink? They are not dropping by the thousands each weekend because they no when they've had enough. The responsibility lies with his parents.
You must not be a parent or a parent of college age children. If you are, you are either living in a "bubble" or your child/children are socially inept!
RVA Chris

Glen Allen, VA

#16 Oct 21, 2010
Martin Sanchez wrote:
you are a complete and utter idiot yourself. You didn't even know Sam. He was the typical fun-loving guy, hanging out with friends and having a good time. It just so happens he drank too much that night and fell asleep and no one was there to keep an eye on him. That has nothing to do with him, his parents, or anybody for that matter. People sleep off alcohol all the time. It just so happened it was Sam's last time...:( RIP Sam Mason you'll be missed and NEVER forgotten. Live it up in the skies my man.
RVA Chris

Glen Allen, VA

#17 Oct 21, 2010
oh and by the way the parents can't be there to hold his hand and say "son you've had enough" you must not have been a true college student. you must have been the nerd frat brothers screwed with because in order to understand how accidental this situation is you'd have to have hit the limit he hit that night. in the heat of the night you drink too much, don't keep count of it, and you just need to sleep it off. end of story. what should his parents have done any differently? force him to drink to that point as a small child to prepare him for college parties? or maybe isolate him in a room and home school him so he didn't have any friends (probably what your parents did)....so next time you comment please have some decency and respect not only for Sam but also those of us who have lost a son/brother/friend. Keep in mind the tears that have and are fallen for him at this time and keep comments like those to yourself.
SAL

Boones Mill, VA

#18 Oct 21, 2010
Hey Sanchez...
You blundering idiot! You have nooooo heart. Karma is gonna get you.
SAL

Boones Mill, VA

#19 Oct 21, 2010
HEY SANCHEZ...
You blundering idiot...Karma is gonna get you.
Martin Sanchez

Manassas, VA

#20 Oct 22, 2010
RVA Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a complete and utter idiot yourself. You didn't even know Sam. He was the typical fun-loving guy, hanging out with friends and having a good time. It just so happens he drank too much that night and fell asleep and no one was there to keep an eye on him. That has nothing to do with him, his parents, or anybody for that matter. People sleep off alcohol all the time. It just so happened it was Sam's last time...:( RIP Sam Mason you'll be missed and NEVER forgotten. Live it up in the skies my man.
Never said your pal was a bad guy, just made a stupid mistake. Too bad a good friend like you weren't there to tell him to stop. How many did you drink that night?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what was the colors called today for chesterfie... (Jan '16) Jan '16 tom12341234 1
News Suspect in 2008 slaying captured (Jan '12) Dec '15 King Braxton 11
News New Kent woman guilty in loan scam (Sep '11) Jan '15 Julia65 10
News Citizens fight back against criminal robbing dr... (May '12) Dec '14 NYC2VA 9
News Business coaching can make firms and lives better (Jul '12) Dec '14 Gary Puntman 3
News Celebration and fears of a end timesa after sam... (Oct '14) Oct '14 tha Professor 5
News Confederate flag stirs patriotic Va. retort (Sep '13) Aug '14 VN Vet 35
More from around the web