CBS 6 INVESTIGATES: Padow's says they're being forced out of City Hall

Sep 20, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTVR Richmond

After more than a decade of serving ham biscuits and club sandwiches, the owners of an iconic Richmond restaurant chain say they are being forced to close down the deli they run inside City Hall.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Sep 22, 2011

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

#1 Sep 20, 2011
In stead of quality food being served, the mayor wants Mickey D's.

Did you truly expect anything better from him?

I don't.

Since: Jul 10

Richmond, VA

#2 Sep 20, 2011
Good Old Mayor Mongiliod, lets make sure as a Mayor of the state capital we focus on issues like these. Yet again another killing overnight on "Q" Street and he is our hero picking favorites on a stinking sandwich shop. Oh and then there is his fix the world breast feeding commission.

Just when you thought Dandy Doug was bad, Richmonders go out and find this idiot. Who is next???
Glen Allen

Richmond, VA

#3 Sep 20, 2011
http://www.healthyheartplus.com/bio.htm
Take a look at her picture and you will then know why she will not hold the key to the store, it is as simple as black and white.

Richmond, VA

#4 Sep 20, 2011
Glen Allen wrote:
http://www.healthyheartplus.co m/bio.htm
Take a look at her picture and you will then know why she will not hold the key to the store, it is as simple as black and white.
Bingo!!! Funny how nuts find a way of making a living at being nuts. Mayor Mongoloid must have a little freak in him.

Since: May 10

Rooted in Reality

#5 Sep 20, 2011
Padows needed to be serving chittlun sandwiches and they would still be welcome.
Greg Simpson

Richmond, VA

#6 Sep 20, 2011
greg in central va wrote:
Padows needed to be serving chittlun sandwiches and they would still be welcome.
Hey sir, i take offense to what you just said.
Is it necessary to be so intolerant of those who are different than you? Grow up and put away childish things. Just saying my friend.

Richmond, VA

#7 Sep 20, 2011
Greg Simpson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sir, i take offense to what you just said.
Is it necessary to be so intolerant of those who are different than you? Grow up and put away childish things. Just saying my friend.
Hey sir, I take offense at the piss poor job the Mayor and his predecessors have done. Scandal after scandal, missing and wasted tax dollars, sexual lawsuites, and oh yeah drugs!!!!, mean while poverty, generational welfare, and an educational system that is a joke at best. All the while showing a grandiose behavior at every event or camera. Just what has gotten better??? Taking credit for economic trends is all they do. No boots on the ground what so ever. No work to change the holes they create. A vote is the only motivation and only if its enough votes to scare em. So at this time sir instead of screaming racism at every opportunity, get busy doing something about the real misjustice in the Ghettos of Richmond. The rotten belief that someone down a SHITYHALL gives a damn about improving anthing but themselves. So do your heart some real good and be offended at your leadership and piss poor choice of voting. There no race just truth!!!!

Rooted in Reality

#8 Sep 20, 2011
Well said Sammy. I couldn't if I tried care any less what someone says about the truths I post on here. In the 70's when whites dominated the landscape and the blacks were not fairly represented, that was wrong. Now, when the blacks have the same majority numbers wise, the whites are in the same position. However, there isn't the widespread outcry about "balance". The mayor is too busy with his photo ops and contingent of body guards, sort of like a mafioso Don, he's neglecting his duties to ALL the citizens of a once great city. I believe the operative term here is symbolism over substance. This damn quota and affirmative action crap has destroyed any chance of achieving any semblance of equality and harmony. Just saying.

Richmond, VA

#9 Sep 20, 2011
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2011/sep/2...

A more in-depth story by the RTD.

The Mayor is up to his usual stupidity again.

His proposed lease is 1/2 of the renewal lease and the "owner" has NO EXPERIENCE running a restaurant or a business.

What type of payback is the mayor getting this time?

Jones is starting to make Dandy Doug look good.
ang

Richmond, VA

#10 Sep 21, 2011
Bunnies hiring Bunnies.
This is such a f***ing joke.
Healthy Heart plus doesn't even have a valid business license. Typical behavior..just putts along doing the min. bucking(somehow) for a hand-out/favor. This overly made-up nut wil probably get the job, there will be money/management problems about a year from now, her little shit company will disappear in red tape..and somebody will come away a little wealthier. The new/next admin. will ask Padows to come back--they wont.
Then the cycle starts over with another poorly run bunny company.
customer no

Richmond, VA

#11 Sep 21, 2011
Padows got exactly what they deserved; better be careful what you say to me. What goes around comes around. I told you that your day was coming, who gets the last laugh now!!!!!!!!!

Richmond, VA

#12 Sep 21, 2011
Sounds like the ghetto version of climbing the corporate ladder, continually sue people.

Richmond, VA

#13 Sep 21, 2011
customer no wrote:
Padows got exactly what they deserved; better be careful what you say to me. What goes around comes around. I told you that your day was coming, who gets the last laugh now!!!!!!!!!
OK hahahahahahahahahahaha

Happy now? We are all laughing at you.

You must be soooooo proud of that post.

Take your meds.

Rooted in Reality

#14 Sep 22, 2011
Sammy- wrote:
Sounds like the ghetto version of climbing the corporate ladder, continually sue people.
Yep, another one aiming for the bottom to insure success. That way, they CAN'T miss.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Confederate flag stirs patriotic Va. retort (Sep '13) Aug 18 VN Vet 38
Confederate Flag Stirs Patriotic Virginia Retort (Sep '13) Oct '13 VN Vet 18
where my dawgs at (Aug '13) Aug '13 the real me 1
38,600 Participants In The 14th Annual Ukrop's ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 E Flores 1
Greene County School Board Approves Allergy Man... (Feb '12) Apr '13 real central Va M... 30
Police say 6-week old baby has died (Mar '13) Mar '13 Elizabeth 1
Suspect in Va. Trooper Murder: God Made Me Do It (Mar '13) Mar '13 Richard_ 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chesterfield County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••