Brandermill Residents Upset Over Mail...

Brandermill Residents Upset Over Mailbox Requirement - wtvr

There are 16 comments on the WTVR story from Oct 5, 2010, titled Brandermill Residents Upset Over Mailbox Requirement - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

The Brandermill section of Chesterfield county has some upset residents because of a possible new requirement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

#1 Oct 5, 2010
Yet another "board" of Nazi idiots that get carried away with their "power".

Tell them to Bugger off!
history buff

Richmond, VA

#2 Oct 5, 2010
I'd never EVER buy in any neighborhood where an"association" dictates the color of your house,mailbox or anything else that I own.Brandermill needs a Col.Barfoot to live there and take these people on.
A security guard?For all the thugs in Brandermill?Ha!What a joke!
Christine

United States

#3 Oct 5, 2010
Another reason why I would NEVER, EVER live in a community where there is a HOA. If I own a home, then no one is going to tell me what color it needs to be, when my grass needs to be cut, how many cars I can park in my driveway, whether a car can be parked in front of it, what color my mailbox needs to be...and so on.

HOA's are a joke and while I understand the basis of why they were created, in today's world they are ridiculous and not needed.
chesterfield

Richmond, VA

#4 Oct 5, 2010
hahahaha i think this is soooo funny!!! Yall go ahead and keep moving into a neighborhood that MAKES you do what ever they want. You people with money move into places like this because you want to show your money...then "they" make you live the way "they" want you to. You cant even have a boat there. Thats why i live in this nice area...i can do what ever i want....and i also dont have yellow funny looking mail boxes either......You people are the laughing stock of all neighborhoods right now....why didnt yall go with with lime green boxes???? tooooo funny!
57girl

Chester, VA

#5 Oct 5, 2010
I hate subdivisions for this very reason. Once you buy a house, it should be your house and you should be able to have whatever mailbox you so choose. I wonder what the board would do if everybody in Brandermill told them to shove their mailboxes where the sun doesn't shine?
kookie

Hopewell, VA

#6 Oct 5, 2010
Don't you guys have anything better to report than a stupid mailbox requirement?
chesterfield

Richmond, VA

#7 Oct 5, 2010
57girl wrote:
I hate subdivisions for this very reason. Once you buy a house, it should be your house and you should be able to have whatever mailbox you so choose. I wonder what the board would do if everybody in Brandermill told them to shove their mailboxes where the sun doesn't shine?
There is alot they can do...you see the very first home i bought was in a neighborhood like this.... If you dont do what they say or follow the rules they can give you a fine,or they cansue you, AND they can get you kicked out of there. When you move in a place like this, you sign a paper when buying a home saying that you WILL follow all the rule or action will be taken. These places really suck...
Darwin

Richmond, VA

#8 Oct 5, 2010
Bugger off Nazis??? How about you bugger yourself back to your Queen where you dont need a mailbox because your mailman is on strike. You people claim never ever... really? I am sure when it is time to move to your retirement community, you will be happy living next to Sanford and Son. Look this neighborhood and its bylaws have been around longer than most of its residents. Without these rules in place, there would not be the high property values that these folks enjoy. The rules were good enough when they paid too much for these homes they live in. Fourty people show up out of what 2000? 2%. Yellow mailbox trouble makers need disciplin. You got no right to disrespect the people who do understand what they bought into. Excuses, whine and cry, protest... FIX YER MAILBOX!!!
boo effing hoo

United States

#9 Oct 5, 2010
it must be nice to have this as your only problem in your life.

Since: Feb 10

Richmond, VA

#10 Oct 5, 2010
Darwin wrote:
Bugger off Nazis??? How about you bugger yourself back to your Queen where you dont need a mailbox because your mailman is on strike. You people claim never ever... really? I am sure when it is time to move to your retirement community, you will be happy living next to Sanford and Son. Look this neighborhood and its bylaws have been around longer than most of its residents. Without these rules in place, there would not be the high property values that these folks enjoy. The rules were good enough when they paid too much for these homes they live in. Fourty people show up out of what 2000? 2%. Yellow mailbox trouble makers need disciplin. You got no right to disrespect the people who do understand what they bought into. Excuses, whine and cry, protest... FIX YER MAILBOX!!!
That says that only 2% are smart enough to pay attention to what these little Nazi idiots want to waste money on.

The rest of you idiot sheep just do what ever these morons tell you to do.

No doubt you are a Democrat. Thinking for yourself has never been their strong point.
Fun Police

Richmond, VA

#11 Oct 6, 2010
Brandermill residents should be upset about living in Brandermill. You moved in to a place with a HOA. This is part of it.

You moved there. You signed the contracts. Shut your mouth or move. Or don't do it and just don't pay the fines.

Or do us all a favor and paint your ceiling. Shotgun. Mouth. Trigger. Quietness. Awesome.
Yahchi

Albertville, AL

#12 Oct 6, 2010
chesterfield wrote:
hahahaha i think this is soooo funny!!! Yall go ahead and keep moving into a neighborhood that MAKES you do what ever they want. You people with money move into places like this because you want to show your money...then "they" make you live the way "they" want you to. You cant even have a boat there. Thats why i live in this nice area...i can do what ever i want....and i also dont have yellow funny looking mail boxes either......You people are the laughing stock of all neighborhoods right now....why didnt yall go with with lime green boxes???? tooooo funny!
Money isn't a requirement for some neighborhoods to have HOAs. Jealous much?
chesterfield

Richmond, VA

#13 Oct 6, 2010
Yahchi wrote:
<quoted text>Money isn't a requirement for some neighborhoods to have HOAs. Jealous much?
lol i make over 250,00 a year in my business....ive got two boats(on is 36 foot long) 3 jet skis,4 motorcycles,2 4 wheelers 6 cars and MY HOME all paid for!!!been there....done that. Nope not jealous of anything. I also know that alot of snobby people live in them neighborhoods and thats the other reason i moved. OH and just so you know I dont throw my money in peoples faces,but you egged it on! So you just need to worry about how you do your job at mcdonalds!!!!
Yahchi

Albertville, AL

#14 Oct 6, 2010
"hahahaha i think this is soooo funny!!! Yall go ahead and keep moving into a neighborhood that MAKES you do what ever they want. You people with money move into places like this because you want to show your money..."

I see I hit a nerve. Uh sure, you're very rich, that's why you posted "you people with money". FYI I don't even eat at McDonalds or any other "fast food" restaurant much less work at one. By your petty little post I can tell you are very familiar with them. Again, jealous much?
chesterfield

Richmond, VA

#15 Oct 6, 2010
Yahchi wrote:
"hahahaha i think this is soooo funny!!! Yall go ahead and keep moving into a neighborhood that MAKES you do what ever they want. You people with money move into places like this because you want to show your money..."
I see I hit a nerve. Uh sure, you're very rich, that's why you posted "you people with money". FYI I don't even eat at McDonalds or any other "fast food" restaurant much less work at one. By your petty little post I can tell you are very familiar with them. Again, jealous much?
Nope...didnt hit any nerve. Its just like i said. I dont throw my money in peoples faces. Oh and REALLY dont care what you beleive.
Real Change

Richmond, VA

#16 Oct 7, 2010
Christine wrote:
Another reason why I would NEVER, EVER live in a community where there is a HOA. If I own a home, then no one is going to tell me what color it needs to be, when my grass needs to be cut, how many cars I can park in my driveway, whether a car can be parked in front of it, what color my mailbox needs to be...and so on.
HOA's are a joke and while I understand the basis of why they were created, in today's world they are ridiculous and not needed.
Amen to that! HOA's are pathetic. Someone telling me to paint my front door and shutters every year- yea no thanks! Is it anyone's business that your neighbor is broke and his house is falling apart? I think no-He pays the mortgage. Even though it is nice to think that a HOA can prevent property values from falling, it is not possible or anyone's business how the property owner takes care of his property.

I actually had a friend put in a new glass door in front of their front door and they HOA flipped out and made them fill out paperwork and apply to put it in. Haha, no thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chesterfield County to lose Federal funding Nov 23 Law Abiding Taxpayer 1
News Suspect in 2008 slaying captured (Jan '12) Oct '16 Paris 12
Chesterfield County Mugshots and Criminal Arres... Oct '16 Harper 2
what was the colors called today for chesterfie... (Jan '16) Jan '16 tom12341234 1
News New Kent woman guilty in loan scam (Sep '11) Jan '15 Julia65 10
News Citizens fight back against criminal robbing dr... (May '12) Dec '14 NYC2VA 9
News Business coaching can make firms and lives better (Jul '12) Dec '14 Gary Puntman 3
More from around the web