"Unique" Artwork Features Work of Con...

"Unique" Artwork Features Work of Controversial Teacher - wtvr

There are 19 comments on the WTVR story from Oct 12, 2009, titled "Unique" Artwork Features Work of Controversial Teacher - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

The artwork of a former Chesterfield County teacher fired because of a youtube.com clip showing him using his rear-end to create artwork has created a portrait of Comedy Central Host Stephen Colbert.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

Hmmmmm

United States

#2 Oct 13, 2009
So....I'm sure our kids are getting an unbiased education from ilk such as this. Liberals -- Stephen Colbert is a comedian, not a news man. STOP getting your current events from a comedy show. Idiots.
RikShaw

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 Oct 13, 2009
I guess that would make him the butt of many jokes. Atleast he puts his best side into it. He can't be accused of sitting down on the job. He did make an a$$ of himself by posting that video on YouTube.
Ben

United States

#4 Oct 13, 2009
"...he sits in paint and applies to the canvas with his butt."

No way he did that without a brush or applicator of some kind...held in some manner...
Jill

Chicago, IL

#5 Oct 13, 2009
Butta face
Ashley

Richmond, VA

#6 Oct 13, 2009
RickShaw - that's hilarious.
david g

Newark, NJ

#7 Oct 13, 2009
This is similar to paint by numbers. He's painting with Number 2.
Anonymous

Banner Elk, NC

#8 Oct 13, 2009
I'd put 100 dollars on seeing Colbert cover this story this week on his show.
RikShaw

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#9 Oct 13, 2009
Hmmmmm wrote:
So....I'm sure our kids are getting an unbiased education from ilk such as this. Liberals -- Stephen Colbert is a comedian, not a news man. STOP getting your current events from a comedy show. Idiots.
Colbert is a comedian AND a news man. He takes current events and puts a funny twist on them. He also exposes the idiocy of some of our politicians. If you listen closely, he is very accurate with many of his assessments.
Anonymous

Banner Elk, NC

#10 Oct 13, 2009
Hmmmmm wrote:
Conservatives -- Glen Beck is a tool of the Republican Party, not a news man. STOP getting all of your news from a propaganda show.

There is no denying that Stephen Colbert and John Stewart are comedians. They make it a point to explain that to people claiming they are something other than that. They are parodies of journalism. On the other hand, some pundits on either side of the prevailing ideologies could be said to be just a different form of infotainment. Glen Beck, Keith Olbermann, Rush Limbaugh, Papa Bear, and Rachel Maddow are not journalists in the traditional sense. They are inciters. Any pundit is just a comedian with worse jokes. I agree that you shouldn't get all of your news from comedy shows, but getting all of your news from any one source is bad news. Besides, without Papa Bear, where would Stephen Colbert be anyway?
teddydog

Irvington, NJ

#11 Oct 13, 2009
that assh__e sure can paint
ButterNut Squash

Richmond, VA

#13 Oct 13, 2009
I think Stans work is amazing and should be recognized by Gardners as a true artist of our time.. Kudos to Stan.
ButterNut Squash

Richmond, VA

#14 Oct 13, 2009
Steve Colbert should use this opportunity to showcase Americas talented artists by having Stan on the show. I know I'd watch.
Lovely Linda

Auburn, AL

#15 Oct 13, 2009
This is too good to be true! I saw this mans paintings in Atlanta last summer - brushes were not used!!
kel

Muncie, IN

#16 Oct 13, 2009
This is great!!! why would the teacher be fired? as long as it is on his own time and not violating any laws --- would you even know it was done with his butt if you hadn't been told???? Lighten up!!! I hope someone with lots of $$$ buys it!!!
mike

Richmond, VA

#17 Oct 13, 2009
the picture doesn't look like crap, but I bet it smells like it
mike

Richmond, VA

#18 Oct 13, 2009
RikShaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Colbert is a comedian AND a news man. He takes current events and puts a funny twist on them. He also exposes the idiocy of some of our politicians. If you listen closely, he is very accurate with many of his assessments.
Studies show that viewers of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are actually more aware of current affairs than those watching fox,cnn, etc. I believe this is because those that watch comedy central already know whats going on and want to be entertained, whereas other news networks share stories they want and put their twists on them and the viewer eats it up as truth
clowncollege

Toms River, NJ

#19 Oct 13, 2009
Hmmmmm wrote:
No, you're an idiot, stupidface!

See? I can be an immature namecaller too, Poopypants McGee.
MadameX

Seattle, WA

#20 Oct 14, 2009
Cheeky monkey...
Lovely Linda

United States

#21 Oct 14, 2009
I love it - hope he does "Obama over the Rainbow" next!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Kent woman guilty in loan scam (Sep '11) Jan '15 Julia65 10
News Citizens fight back against criminal robbing dr... (May '12) Dec '14 NYC2VA 9
News Business coaching can make firms and lives better (Jul '12) Dec '14 Gary Puntman 3
News Celebration and fears of a end timesa after sam... (Oct '14) Oct '14 tha Professor 5
News Confederate flag stirs patriotic Va. retort (Sep '13) Aug '14 VN Vet 38
News Confederate Flag Stirs Patriotic Virginia Retort (Sep '13) Oct '13 VN Vet 18
where my dawgs at (Aug '13) Aug '13 the real me 1
More from around the web