Chesterfield County Crime: Chesterfie...

Chesterfield County Crime: Chesterfield County Park Vandalized with...

There are 24 comments on the WTVR story from Jul 26, 2010, titled Chesterfield County Crime: Chesterfield County Park Vandalized with.... In it, WTVR reports that:

People who walk in Chesterfield's Rockwood Park called police Monday morning after discovering the park covered in graffiti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shazam

Richmond, VA

#1 Jul 26, 2010
So this is what user: chesterfield does on his weekends.
wzd

United States

#2 Jul 26, 2010
Punk kids...I'd love to meet these cowards face to face.
Mort

Colonial Heights, VA

#3 Jul 26, 2010
wzd wrote:
Punk kids...I'd love to meet these cowards face to face.
I believe they marked thier territory.go for it!
Mom of Two

Midlothian, VA

#4 Jul 26, 2010
I don't know much, but to my untrained eye, this looks like gang markers. Kind of scary when you think of the families with young children that play at this park and all of the sporting events held for children at this park.
Sarpy

Richmond, VA

#5 Jul 26, 2010
Those weren't gang signs, they painted swastikas.
Kingwillaim Va

Richmond, VA

#7 Jul 26, 2010
Mom of Two wrote:
I don't know much, but to my untrained eye, this looks like gang markers. Kind of scary when you think of the families with young children that play at this park and all of the sporting events held for children at this park.
Come on now what gang markers do you know look like Nazi signs that Hitler wore. That shows your ignorance. I pitty you all in the Chesterfield and Richmond areas.

“Sun worshiper”

Since: Jul 10

Midlothian

#8 Jul 26, 2010
Rockwood? Say it ain't so!
Mom of Two

Midlothian, VA

#9 Jul 26, 2010
Kingwillaim Va wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on now what gang markers do you know look like Nazi signs that Hitler wore. That shows your ignorance. I pitty you all in the Chesterfield and Richmond areas.
I taught in a chesterfield county public school that was vandalized and similar symbols were painted on everything. We were told that the school was vandalized every couple of months as part of gang initiation. You would be amazed at what 4th and 5th grade students write about gangs in their writing. They are in this area and becoming stronger every day. I don’t know a lot about the symbols and colors gangs use, but I do know they in our area.
GhostRider1

United States

#10 Jul 26, 2010
Kingwillaim Va wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you not consider a group of Nazi-loving punks who do things like this to be a gang?! Think before you speak.
Abby

Richmond, VA

#11 Jul 26, 2010
I'd close the entire park. Perhaps you could get someone to admit who the culprits are - even if it takes a little reward money. These acts of vandalism need to STOP. They cost taxpayers a lot of money each time public properties are violated. I wonder if this stems from the incident on the basketball court last week? What a mess.
GlenAllenRocks

Richmond, VA

#12 Jul 26, 2010
Ignorance? Perhaps the correct spelling of "pity" will assist you in the future. Cheers to your fine comment and the wonderful contribution.
Kingwillaim Va wrote:
<quoted text>
VA_Poster

Richmond, VA

#13 Jul 26, 2010
Rockwood Park is going downhill fast, a shooting, graffiti...Chesterfield County is actually going downhill as a county.
Mia

Conyers, GA

#14 Jul 27, 2010
I have been looking for a house, and this WAS one of the areas I had thought was nice...I'm not thinking that now.
Abby

Richmond, VA

#15 Jul 27, 2010
Mia wrote:
I have been looking for a house, and this WAS one of the areas I had thought was nice...I'm not thinking that now.
It's not only Chesterfield. The entire area is deteriorating - as is the country. Wherever you decide to relocate, read up on crime rate and recent criminal activities.
Alvin

Richmond, VA

#16 Jul 27, 2010
yeah.. I don't even think this act was done by kids, i believe that it was done by people n that area. rockwood has cameras out there. So they know who did it. but thats Chesterfield for ya! They are starting to show there true colors

“Common sense aint that common.”

Since: Jan 10

Richmond, VA

#17 Jul 27, 2010
This is ridiculous. The only reason this even happened is because of the moron who shot someone there last week. I don't know of ANYTHING that has ever happened at Rockwood, then all of a sudden, two incidents in one week. It's got to be ignorant kids doing this, no adult would conduct themselves in this manner. I hope they find them and let them learn how to behave the hard way. Clearly their parents aren't doing it.
anon

Richmond, VA

#18 Jul 27, 2010
Mom of Two wrote:
You're right you don't know much.
Midlo7 VA

Virginia Beach, VA

#19 Jul 27, 2010
agreed - gang initiation - but according to the County-- there is no gang problem -- stop looking thru rose-colored glasses.
Fun Police

Richmond, VA

#20 Jul 27, 2010
I live in Midlothian proper and we never have stuff like this happen there. I love using all of my rich, white, head-in-the-sand, yuppie neighbors as human shields against the filth of the Greater Richmond area. Like me. God, I love White Flight.

Remember: Keep your enemies closer.
dummies

Baltimore, MD

#21 Jul 27, 2010
SERIOULY WTF thought that painted swastikas belong to a gang...seriously!?!?!?!..you realy must be stupid...i am in high school and know what that means

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what was the colors called today for chesterfie... (Jan '16) Jan '16 tom12341234 1
News Suspect in 2008 slaying captured (Jan '12) Dec '15 King Braxton 11
News New Kent woman guilty in loan scam (Sep '11) Jan '15 Julia65 10
News Citizens fight back against criminal robbing dr... (May '12) Dec '14 NYC2VA 9
News Business coaching can make firms and lives better (Jul '12) Dec '14 Gary Puntman 3
News Celebration and fears of a end timesa after sam... (Oct '14) Oct '14 tha Professor 5
News Confederate flag stirs patriotic Va. retort (Sep '13) Aug '14 VN Vet 35
More from around the web