Mother Seeks Outcome in Sex Abuse Cas...

Mother Seeks Outcome in Sex Abuse Case - wtvr

There are 38 comments on the WTVR story from Sep 20, 2010, titled Mother Seeks Outcome in Sex Abuse Case - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

Kim Drummonds believes Chesterfield County could have and should of done more to find justice for her daughter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
family friend

United States

#21 Sep 21, 2010
For "opinion"

After getting to know Edward you have no idea the kind of sick control this man wanted over this girl. If you were to see the pain this entire family has gone through you would understand. They are his EX family for a reason because he is a sick man who stole his step daughters childhood!! Because of his role in the community he has been treated very differently than anyone else. Don't you worry though if given the oppurtunity this family wi fight again and her daughter will tell her story again because she believes she deserves justice. But how do you judge a child for being upset about having to relive her abuse for a second time infringe of an entire courtroom! You have no heart. Edward Hope will get what he deserves in the courtroom one day. YOU GO KIM WE ARE ALL SO PROUD OF YOU!!
Opinion

United States

#22 Sep 21, 2010
family friend wrote:
For "opinion"
After getting to know Edward you have no idea the kind of sick control this man wanted over this girl. If you were to see the pain this entire family has gone through you would understand. They are his EX family for a reason because he is a sick man who stole his step daughters childhood!! Because of his role in the community he has been treated very differently than anyone else. Don't you worry though if given the oppurtunity this family wi fight again and her daughter will tell her story again because she believes she deserves justice. But how do you judge a child for being upset about having to relive her abuse for a second time infringe of an entire courtroom! You have no heart. Edward Hope will get what he deserves in the courtroom one day. YOU GO KIM WE ARE ALL SO PROUD OF YOU!!
Again.. another person who thinks they know it all.
chuck

Maidens, VA

#23 Sep 21, 2010
Is this A Hanover Judge?
Peggy Winkler wrote:
@Opinion
I agree people lie for revenge but not in this case. This has been slowly coming to the surface for years and when people were asking how he could commit the acts daily I was the one telling folks it was a family member. Brunswick is rural area but they have a decent prosecution team down there so Don will get his day.
I have known a recently retired local judge for over 20 years and he is a serious alcoholic. I am talking about he would drink an entire liter of Jack Daniel's each night and drag in to the bench each morning. Did this for many years and would buy Jack Daniel's multiple cases at a time to avoid being seen in local liquor stores. Won't put his name out because I am not that type!
chuck

Maidens, VA

#24 Sep 21, 2010
yeah especially if an innocent person is convicted
Lisa wrote:
Are you retarded? Dont you think thats why she is his ex? B/C he is a pervert? Have you ever had a child in your family sexually abused? When you do you will understand!!!
<quoted text>
chuck

Maidens, VA

#25 Sep 21, 2010
By Law the Police are allowed to LIE. It doesn't matter whose life they screw.
Sherry

Richmond, VA

#26 Sep 21, 2010
inmates will take care of him- they love policemen and pedophiles. Hope he's in solitary confinement or else he'll be beat to a pulp. He deserves it
Elroy

Petersburg, VA

#27 Sep 21, 2010
kenny wrote:
Shouldn't the CA have consulted this girl's mother as to how she and her daughter wanted to proceed and if the girl wanted to testify again?
And I agree, the jury members who deliberately lied should have faced some kind of penalty/fine.
this was what law abiding citizen was about.the system serving itself.
Lisa

Richmond, VA

#28 Sep 21, 2010
I guess you must be some sick freak too & it shows, you SICKO!!!!!
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a moron. If i had a family memeber abused i wouldnt be a good person to comment on this story because i wouldnt be able to give a fair opinion. And further more you guys are attacking my comment when all i was doing was trying to show another side of a story but you guys DONT have an open mind and attacking a man and his actions that YOU DONT know.. Personally i feel if he is guilty then YES he should absolutely be put away... but until he is PROVEN guilty in a court then he is still innocent.. or are you to retarded to remember that?
Lord help you guys...
Opinion

United States

#29 Sep 21, 2010
Lisa wrote:
I guess you must be some sick freak too & it shows, you SICKO!!!!!
<quoted text>
Sick freak? Lady what in the hell is wrong with you? If it upsets you so much that someone has an opinion then stop reading the news! There is absolutely nothing wrong with seeing the other side of something, but again you missed my WHOLE point to my comment your stuck on what you think are the facts.. try seeing it from the otehr point of view. Again, i said if he was guilty then YES... RE READ THAT YES.. he deserves everything he gets but too many people are wronlgy accused to start pointing fingers and taking sides until someone has been convicted.
Saddened

Richmond, VA

#30 Sep 21, 2010
Opinion wrote:
the prosecution wont file charges again because they think it will hurt the girl more? Really? She did it once before and if its all true and she wants justice she should HAVE to tesify again, dont pull a man and his life through the ringer and not follow through.. has it occured to anyone maybe he is innocent? people lie? Thats his EX wife and EX step daughter who have said he did these things.. maybe they are angry he left them... maybe he is guilty... but maybe he is not.
A third juror was said to have been questioned by police for accusations similar to the ones facing Edward Hope.--- so this guys was innocent...
The jury was at an impasse and sent word to the judge that they were hung---some thought he was innocent...
Everyone is quick to jump on bandwagon and NONE of you were there... and that being said neither was I... unfort no one will ever know the truth.. You assume because a child/not so much a child anymore... she's in her teens.. couldnt possibly tell a lie.. please...
Tanya Croft, Randolph Ford, Francis Evelyn, Jesse Friedman, Jodi Barrius, DOnald Burke, Donald McCraken, Daniel Velez, Lorinda Swan, Larry Murphy.. ALL PEOPLE WRONGLY ACCUSED OUT OF ANGER and SPITE...
Before you assume you all know the truth remember this.. PLEASE LIE AND DO EVIL THINGS OUT OF REVENGE..
And no i dont know these people but if the tables were turned and it was your husband, son, friend, brother, wife, child being accused of such heinous things you wouldnt want people on here saying what a terrible person they were.
you have the right to say & believe anything to want,we live in America. But in this case this man did awful things to this girl when she was little.She never told because she was threatened(he wore a big gun)So while everyone can comment on this story,that's all it is ,a comment.By the way the truth is known by this young girl & the accused.Thank God if you know nothing about this subject!!!!
scared mommy

Chester, VA

#31 Sep 21, 2010
chuck wrote:
By Law the Police are allowed to LIE. It doesn't matter whose life they screw.
Yes. They can LIE and they do LIE!!!!! I wish someone would help me because they have ruined my life and I was told that they will never stop. They are cruel and unjust. I had no idea that they could do what they do and get away with it. I also had no idea that ordinary people would be so willing to do what the police told them to do, even though it is illegal, wrong and harmful to others.

What would Jesus do????
Buffalo Bill

Newport News, VA

#32 Sep 21, 2010
Let's try in stay on point! This is about the justice system in Chesterfield County. Both sides need closure on this matter. But, both have been denied it, thanks to the County justice system. How is justice being served? I attended the trail, and heard the testimony of both the girl and the professional who interviewed her. She deserves justice for what was allegedly done to her. But, that is for a jury to decide. Oh, but there is no jury; they were dismissed based on the perjury of more than one of them. Alas, there will be no justice here. Shame on you, Chesterfield County Criminal Court ... shame on you.
I will close with this sarcastic comment: If you want to commit child abuse, be arrested, stand trial, and have all charges dropped without a finding of quilt or innocence ... then move to Chesterfield County.
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#33 Sep 21, 2010
Sammy- wrote:
Situation seems hopeless. The stench of incompetence is all over Ironbridge Road. Take a bow CA Office you are pitiful. Get this case justice and leave or just leave but above all leave. Oh and thanks Judge great job. NOT! Your weak.
Outside looking in but it sure does look bad.
they always protect the criminal teabaggers, thats who lives in the suburbs.
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#34 Sep 21, 2010
you will get no justice in chesterfield just a bunch of run-around from the teabag battalion. they are always trying to keep crime under wraps so as not to make the county look bad.
Saddened

Richmond, VA

#35 Sep 21, 2010
Opinion wrote:
the prosecution wont file charges again because they think it will hurt the girl more? Really? She did it once before and if its all true and she wants justice she should HAVE to tesify again, dont pull a man and his life through the ringer and not follow through.. has it occured to anyone maybe he is innocent? people lie? Thats his EX wife and EX step daughter who have said he did these things.. maybe they are angry he left them... maybe he is guilty... but maybe he is not.
A third juror was said to have been questioned by police for accusations similar to the ones facing Edward Hope.--- so this guys was innocent...
The jury was at an impasse and sent word to the judge that they were hung---some thought he was innocent...
Everyone is quick to jump on bandwagon and NONE of you were there... and that being said neither was I... unfort no one will ever know the truth.. You assume because a child/not so much a child anymore... she's in her teens.. couldnt possibly tell a lie.. please...
Tanya Croft, Randolph Ford, Francis Evelyn, Jesse Friedman, Jodi Barrius, DOnald Burke, Donald McCraken, Daniel Velez, Lorinda Swan, Larry Murphy.. ALL PEOPLE WRONGLY ACCUSED OUT OF ANGER and SPITE...
Before you assume you all know the truth remember this.. PLEASE LIE AND DO EVIL THINGS OUT OF REVENGE..
And no i dont know these people but if the tables were turned and it was your husband, son, friend, brother, wife, child being accused of such heinous things you wouldnt want people on here saying what a terrible person they were.
Interesting.... I agree that only those involved will ever really know. BUT, all personal issues aside, perjury is BREAKING THE LAW & punishable by imprisonment. Chesterfield may never step up to the plate & retry the case but they can & SHOULD enforce existing laws so that subsequent trials may have a fair chance of success! Like I said, it's not so personal anymore. It's about the future...

Since: Sep 10

Richmond, VA

#36 Sep 21, 2010
Henrico Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
This is only one case that came to light. He's got a history of doing this to others, you just haven't heard about it. I think people would be surprised how many in the law enforcement community want nothing to do w/ him. I feel for Ms. Drummonds and her daughter, they are the victims here, not him!!
Unfortunately, it's men like him that give law enforcement a bad name!! One bad apple spoils the bunch. Well, he's a great example of dirtying the reputation of those that are good men & women who risk their lives every day for all of us. Don't judge all by this ****!
Amazing that this wasn't able to come out as to his real character! Also, amazing that none of his colleagues came running to defend him, huh? I should know... so many questions left unanswered. So many dead ends.... Thank God there ARE good police!
jerry

Chester, VA

#37 Sep 22, 2010
Majopa wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing that this wasn't able to come out as to his real character! Also, amazing that none of his colleagues came running to defend him, huh? I should know... so many questions left unanswered. So many dead ends.... Thank God there ARE good police!
Where are they????
allycat

AOL

#38 Sep 24, 2010
today in Caroline county deputy Clyde Davenport got 30 years it took over 25 years for that to happen and a new C A , dont give up hope

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chesterfield County to lose Federal funding (Nov '16) Nov '16 Law Abiding Taxpayer 1
Chesterfield County Mugshots and Criminal Arres... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Harper 2
what was the colors called today for chesterfie... (Jan '16) Jan '16 tom12341234 1
News Suspect in 2008 slaying captured (Jan '12) Dec '15 Danielle 6
News New Kent woman guilty in loan scam (Sep '11) Jan '15 Julia65 10
News Citizens fight back against criminal robbing dr... (May '12) Dec '14 NYC2VA 9
News Business coaching can make firms and lives better (Jul '12) Dec '14 Gary Puntman 3
More from around the web