Mother Seeks Outcome in Sex Abuse Cas...

Mother Seeks Outcome in Sex Abuse Case - wtvr

There are 38 comments on the WTVR story from Sep 20, 2010, titled Mother Seeks Outcome in Sex Abuse Case - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

Kim Drummonds believes Chesterfield County could have and should of done more to find justice for her daughter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pigs Stink

Richmond, VA

#1 Sep 20, 2010
Cops have a different legal system in place for their protection. I believe in innocent until proven guilty but I know this family and Ed is a sick bastard. Just because he wore the badge does not make him a saint!

Since: Jul 10

Richmond, VA

#2 Sep 20, 2010
Situation seems hopeless. The stench of incompetence is all over Ironbridge Road. Take a bow CA Office you are pitiful. Get this case justice and leave or just leave but above all leave. Oh and thanks Judge great job. NOT! Your weak.

Outside looking in but it sure does look bad.
min

Midlothian, VA

#3 Sep 21, 2010
This old scum bag will get his justice in the form of some horrible life changing sickness,hopefully slow painful heart failure or a nice little brain tumor.
msboopva

Highland Springs, VA

#4 Sep 21, 2010
I bet if this guy had not been a State Police Captain, he would have been tried, convicted and in prison. What most people don't realize is that there are a different set of court rules for those in law enforcement. They are not accountable. They can beat their wives, rape their children and step-children, intimidate their neighbors and their children and walk away. Think about this: these are the guys that stop your teenage children and do what they want to them. I encourage every parent to always arm their children with tape recorders. If an officer stops you, use it. They have to allow it because it is your right under the Constitution under several areas including the right to use whatever means to defend yourself in a court of law. Tell the officer that you are taping the encounter and the next thing you say is "Officer, do you have a reason to detain me?". All of these things protect the average citizen. IF THIS GUY HAD BEEN A BLACK MAN FROM THE GHETTO, HE WOULD RECEIVE THE MAXIMUM SENTENCE.
stimey

Chester, VA

#5 Sep 21, 2010
Another story about another cop getting away with CRIME!!!!!!

Dirty cops will live forever because very few people are willing to fight back!!!

There is nothing more American than JUSTICE!!!!!

I wish I had spoken to msboopva before I moved to dirtycopville USA.

The only thing worse than what my daughter and family went through was the cruel, incompetent treatment by the HPD/HFD (They are the same)!
henley

Chester, VA

#6 Sep 21, 2010
Wow, it is so sad that we can't even trust our police and fire departments--I guess that they all think that they are above the law. Well I guess they are right.
buddist monk

Chester, VA

#7 Sep 21, 2010
If this trooper had stuck to giving out tickets instead of molesting and raping children, than this poor girl would not have had to suffer--and continue to suffer.

My prayers go out to her and her mother!!!!
kenny

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Sep 21, 2010
Shouldn't the CA have consulted this girl's mother as to how she and her daughter wanted to proceed and if the girl wanted to testify again?
And I agree, the jury members who deliberately lied should have faced some kind of penalty/fine.
Sad

Chester, VA

#9 Sep 21, 2010
Don't worry fellow citizens, Good, Honest Policemen do exist--Unfortunately, I haven't met any here.

How many citizens have been harassed and abused by the police????

What kind of citizens would do the evil bidding of the police?????

Do you know that my local police have labeled me a thieif and have harassed me for five long years. Publicly humiliating ad degrading me and my children. If I had stolen anything, I would preferred to have been arrested and had my day in court. Oh yes, they have had many a good laugh at my expense. You should hear how some of the HPD/HFD wives talk about me. Yes, negative gossip gets around. But it can't be any worse than what I heard in the ladies room--always check the stalls before speaking such evil. The evil mouthed person is none other than a beloved HENRICO COUNTY EMPLOYEE. Well, now I fear job harassment.

Did you know that HC employees take secret videos of fellow employees and distribute them---anything for a good laugh. I think they are still hiring!!
Bertha

Chester, VA

#10 Sep 21, 2010
All of these stories are making me sick. I am very angered that children are being hurt and abused. We live in a very sad world. Is there any justice????
beentheredonetha t

Charlotte, NC

#11 Sep 21, 2010
Tip of the Iceberg........same over at the Sheriff's Office.......For some reason they believe in selective protection......not selective prosecution........Professiona l courtesy at its best.........
sgt

Chester, VA

#12 Sep 21, 2010
beentheredonethat wrote:
Tip of the Iceberg........same over at the Sheriff's Office.......For some reason they believe in selective protection......not selective prosecution........Professiona l courtesy at its best.........
hey do i need a high school education to become a sheriff. i love to hit people when no one is looking so i can get away with it. i also like to eat and i can tell that they have no weight restrictions will i get a real gun with real bullets. how many convictions will they allow? do they count domestic abuse? do I need all of my teeth?
icabod

Chester, VA

#13 Sep 21, 2010
BULLIES RULE AMERICA AND THE WORLD!!!
Sincerely

Richmond, VA

#14 Sep 21, 2010
Praying for justice on this one. Is it because he was a State Police Captain. Are they selving it?
Opinion

United States

#15 Sep 21, 2010
the prosecution wont file charges again because they think it will hurt the girl more? Really? She did it once before and if its all true and she wants justice she should HAVE to tesify again, dont pull a man and his life through the ringer and not follow through.. has it occured to anyone maybe he is innocent? people lie? Thats his EX wife and EX step daughter who have said he did these things.. maybe they are angry he left them... maybe he is guilty... but maybe he is not.
A third juror was said to have been questioned by police for accusations similar to the ones facing Edward Hope.--- so this guys was innocent...
The jury was at an impasse and sent word to the judge that they were hung---some thought he was innocent...
Everyone is quick to jump on bandwagon and NONE of you were there... and that being said neither was I... unfort no one will ever know the truth.. You assume because a child/not so much a child anymore... she's in her teens.. couldnt possibly tell a lie.. please...
Tanya Croft, Randolph Ford, Francis Evelyn, Jesse Friedman, Jodi Barrius, DOnald Burke, Donald McCraken, Daniel Velez, Lorinda Swan, Larry Murphy.. ALL PEOPLE WRONGLY ACCUSED OUT OF ANGER and SPITE...
Before you assume you all know the truth remember this.. PLEASE LIE AND DO EVIL THINGS OUT OF REVENGE..
And no i dont know these people but if the tables were turned and it was your husband, son, friend, brother, wife, child being accused of such heinous things you wouldnt want people on here saying what a terrible person they were.
Peggy Winkler

Richmond, VA

#16 Sep 21, 2010
@Opinion

I agree people lie for revenge but not in this case. This has been slowly coming to the surface for years and when people were asking how he could commit the acts daily I was the one telling folks it was a family member. Brunswick is rural area but they have a decent prosecution team down there so Don will get his day.

I have known a recently retired local judge for over 20 years and he is a serious alcoholic. I am talking about he would drink an entire liter of Jack Daniel's each night and drag in to the bench each morning. Did this for many years and would buy Jack Daniel's multiple cases at a time to avoid being seen in local liquor stores. Won't put his name out because I am not that type!

Since: Apr 10

United States

#17 Sep 21, 2010
Opinion wrote:
the prosecution wont file charges again because they think it will hurt the girl more? Really? She did it once before and if its all true and she wants justice she should HAVE to tesify again, dont pull a man and his life through the ringer and not follow through.. has it occured to anyone maybe he is innocent? people lie? Thats his EX wife and EX step daughter who have said he did these things.. maybe they are angry he left them... maybe he is guilty... but maybe he is not.
A third juror was said to have been questioned by police for accusations similar to the ones facing Edward Hope.--- so this guys was innocent...
The jury was at an impasse and sent word to the judge that they were hung---some thought he was innocent...
Everyone is quick to jump on bandwagon and NONE of you were there... and that being said neither was I... unfort no one will ever know the truth.. You assume because a child/not so much a child anymore... she's in her teens.. couldnt possibly tell a lie.. please...
Tanya Croft, Randolph Ford, Francis Evelyn, Jesse Friedman, Jodi Barrius, DOnald Burke, Donald McCraken, Daniel Velez, Lorinda Swan, Larry Murphy.. ALL PEOPLE WRONGLY ACCUSED OUT OF ANGER and SPITE...
Before you assume you all know the truth remember this.. PLEASE LIE AND DO EVIL THINGS OUT OF REVENGE..
And no i dont know these people but if the tables were turned and it was your husband, son, friend, brother, wife, child being accused of such heinous things you wouldnt want people on here saying what a terrible person they were.
This is only one case that came to light. He's got a history of doing this to others, you just haven't heard about it. I think people would be surprised how many in the law enforcement community want nothing to do w/ him. I feel for Ms. Drummonds and her daughter, they are the victims here, not him!!

Unfortunately, it's men like him that give law enforcement a bad name!! One bad apple spoils the bunch. Well, he's a great example of dirtying the reputation of those that are good men & women who risk their lives every day for all of us. Don't judge all by this scumbag!
Lisa

Richmond, VA

#18 Sep 21, 2010
Are you retarded? Dont you think thats why she is his ex? B/C he is a pervert? Have you ever had a child in your family sexually abused? When you do you will understand!!!
Opinion wrote:
the prosecution wont file charges again because they think it will hurt the girl more? Really? She did it once before and if its all true and she wants justice she should HAVE to tesify again, dont pull a man and his life through the ringer and not follow through.. has it occured to anyone maybe he is innocent? people lie? Thats his EX wife and EX step daughter who have said he did these things.. maybe they are angry he left them... maybe he is guilty... but maybe he is not.
A third juror was said to have been questioned by police for accusations similar to the ones facing Edward Hope.--- so this guys was innocent...
The jury was at an impasse and sent word to the judge that they were hung---some thought he was innocent...
Everyone is quick to jump on bandwagon and NONE of you were there... and that being said neither was I... unfort no one will ever know the truth.. You assume because a child/not so much a child anymore... she's in her teens.. couldnt possibly tell a lie.. please...
Tanya Croft, Randolph Ford, Francis Evelyn, Jesse Friedman, Jodi Barrius, DOnald Burke, Donald McCraken, Daniel Velez, Lorinda Swan, Larry Murphy.. ALL PEOPLE WRONGLY ACCUSED OUT OF ANGER and SPITE...
Before you assume you all know the truth remember this.. PLEASE LIE AND DO EVIL THINGS OUT OF REVENGE..
And no i dont know these people but if the tables were turned and it was your husband, son, friend, brother, wife, child being accused of such heinous things you wouldnt want people on here saying what a terrible person they were.
Opinion

United States

#19 Sep 21, 2010
Lisa wrote:
Are you retarded? Dont you think thats why she is his ex? B/C he is a pervert? Have you ever had a child in your family sexually abused? When you do you will understand!!!
<quoted text>
You are a moron. If i had a family memeber abused i wouldnt be a good person to comment on this story because i wouldnt be able to give a fair opinion. And further more you guys are attacking my comment when all i was doing was trying to show another side of a story but you guys DONT have an open mind and attacking a man and his actions that YOU DONT know.. Personally i feel if he is guilty then YES he should absolutely be put away... but until he is PROVEN guilty in a court then he is still innocent.. or are you to retarded to remember that?
Lord help you guys...
Opinion

United States

#20 Sep 21, 2010
Peggy Winkler wrote:
@Opinion
I agree people lie for revenge but not in this case. This has been slowly coming to the surface for years and when people were asking how he could commit the acts daily I was the one telling folks it was a family member. Brunswick is rural area but they have a decent prosecution team down there so Don will get his day.
I have known a recently retired local judge for over 20 years and he is a serious alcoholic. I am talking about he would drink an entire liter of Jack Daniel's each night and drag in to the bench each morning. Did this for many years and would buy Jack Daniel's multiple cases at a time to avoid being seen in local liquor stores. Won't put his name out because I am not that type!
What are you talking about? a Judge and drinking? What does this have to do with what we are talking about??? Are you trying to say you wouldnt out him? Thats nice of you... but he hasnt caused you any harm... so why be vendictive. You guys are missing my point all together and i kind of figured you would. I understand he is probably guilty but unfort there is a chance he is innocent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chesterfield County to lose Federal funding (Nov '16) Nov '16 Law Abiding Taxpayer 1
Chesterfield County Mugshots and Criminal Arres... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Harper 2
what was the colors called today for chesterfie... (Jan '16) Jan '16 tom12341234 1
News Suspect in 2008 slaying captured (Jan '12) Dec '15 Danielle 6
News New Kent woman guilty in loan scam (Sep '11) Jan '15 Julia65 10
News Citizens fight back against criminal robbing dr... (May '12) Dec '14 NYC2VA 9
News Business coaching can make firms and lives better (Jul '12) Dec '14 Gary Puntman 3
More from around the web