Chesterfield County, Deer Hunt, Doe, Female Deer, - wtvr

Full story: WTVR 10
A managed deer hunt for two days at Pocahontas State Park was designed to keep the herd healthy. Full Story
daniel

United States

#1 Dec 8, 2009
lemme at em
CBS

Sterling, VA

#2 Dec 8, 2009
One person harvest 6 by morning? Why would one person be allowed to harvest 6 deer instead of 3 people aloowed to harvest 2? Or 6 allowed to harvest one? Its a public park so more people should be allowed access to the hunt.
CBS

Sterling, VA

#3 Dec 8, 2009
It's also funny how my brother in law's hunt club used to hunt the park a couple years ago. Then they stopped them from hunting there. Now, only a couple years later, they have to have a managed hunt to control the population? Maybe whatever politician who thought he knew better than the game dept. needs to be fired for being a moron?
Beaker

Hopewell, VA

#4 Dec 9, 2009
i'll answer both your concerns. One person was "able" to harvest 6, it's hunting you're not guaranteed anything. you could put 6 people in the woods hoping to harvest one each but who's to say they would see anything at all. everyone is allowed access to the hunt, i found it online today. and by your brother in law hunting the park the entire duration of the season it pretty much closes the park to the rest of the public during hunting season, so this solution works for both hunters and non-hunters. like you said, it's a public park.
Why

Blacksburg, VA

#5 Dec 9, 2009
Why is there a picture of a buck and a rifle in this article when the article is about does? If you really want to cut the population use contraception on does for a few years. Pretty pathetic society that has such a high tech space program but can't implement a contraception program for deer.
Hmm

Midlothian, VA

#6 Dec 9, 2009
I think it's ironic that we used to hunt for food and to stay alive. Now we hunt to control their population in the name of "sport." Could it be that our population needs to be thinned out, not theirs? We keep tearing down their homes to build ours, and then complain that they cross a road. We're just big dumb animals, all of us. Let's give the deer a gun and cheeseburger bait and make it even, now that's a sport.

Sorry I had to be the "animal activist" to come in and ruin this murder party, but it's a damn shame that killing these beautiful creatures is your answer to OUR over population...just my 2 cents
Beaker

Hopewell, VA

#7 Dec 9, 2009
So are you suggesting genocide?
LaughatHmm

Richmond, VA

#8 Dec 9, 2009
Perhaps you could tear down your house and plant some trees and live amoungst the forest Hmm? Seriously, these accidents are on the rise, deer are starving in the woods due to overpopulation and animal activist are not doing anything to help.
Why don't you pick up a weapon and give a hand to harvest a few to save many?
Hmm

Midlothian, VA

#9 Dec 10, 2009
Of course I'm not suggesting genocide, it just seems cruel to me. Like I said, just my opinion. Perhaps I'm bias? I live out in Powhatan and we have the most gorgeous deer make their way into our backyard at night, and they are just amazing to watch, the way they interact with each other and you start to see how each has their own personalities. I've been watching them for about 15 years now, and we can actually identity almost every deer that comes up :) I didn't know there were deer out there starving (to the one I seem to amuse.) I live on a farm and most of our crops are corn, so they seem to get plenty of food by stomping the corn and soy beans that grow in the fields, they all look well fed. I suppose if it'll help the overall population, then it's what needs to be done, but I'm just a little too attached to them to think it's the right way. I wonder if anything can ever be done like sterilization? They could shoot a tranquilizer as easy as a bullet, right? I don't know...anyway, my comment wasn't meant to affend those who do hunt, it just seems unfair to me.
Hmm

Midlothian, VA

#10 Dec 10, 2009
*offend too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesterfield County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Celebration and fears of a end timesa after sam... Oct '14 tha Professor 5
Confederate flag stirs patriotic Va. retort (Sep '13) Aug '14 VN Vet 38
Confederate Flag Stirs Patriotic Virginia Retort (Sep '13) Oct '13 VN Vet 18
where my dawgs at (Aug '13) Aug '13 the real me 1
38,600 Participants In The 14th Annual Ukrop's ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 E Flores 1
Greene County School Board Approves Allergy Man... (Feb '12) Apr '13 real central Va M... 30
Police say 6-week old baby has died (Mar '13) Mar '13 Elizabeth 1

Chesterfield County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE