car crash kills two minutes after police end pursuit - wtvr

Full story: WTVR

The damage to the 2010 Camaro only tells part of the story. Along Jefferson Davis Highway where Dan Dietz had his shop, word of his death in the accident was spreading.
Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Oct 24, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Friend in Chester

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Why so much talk about the driver? I'm sorry for his friends and family but it was Penny's Car and she died too why aren't they talking bout her!?!?! Penny has family, especially a son, a son who is going to miss her more than any of you can believe due to special circumstances. I don't understand this one sided news cast but Penny Stanley you will be missed, your laughter and smile brought joy to many! R.I.P.

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Friend in Chester wrote:
Why so much talk about the driver? I'm sorry for his friends and family but it was Penny's Car and she died too why aren't they talking bout her!?!?! Penny has family, especially a son, a son who is going to miss her more than any of you can believe due to special circumstances. I don't understand this one sided news cast but Penny Stanley you will be missed, your laughter and smile brought joy to many! R.I.P.
Probably because she wasn't driving and didn't cause their deaths. The media has never been accused of intelligence or compassion.
KC - childhood friend

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

May Penny rest in peace... this is so sad... I met her when I was 10 and we were very close friends back in the day, growing up in the same neighborhood and attending school together... and the hot summers in her pool. RIP Penny Phelps! My thoughts and prayers are with her sons and her mom...
Sam

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

two more turds flushed. Glad there were no innocent bystanders hurt. Obviously this guy didn't get over his rocky past after all.
C Chester Va

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

Sam wrote:
two more turds flushed. Glad there were no innocent bystanders hurt. Obviously this guy didn't get over his rocky past after all.
What an awful thing to say. Yes, thank God, no innocent bystanders were hurt. Yet, there were 2 deaths. Have some compassion, they still have families and friends who will see this.
From His Past

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

I am sad that he took a woman out with him. This guy has been a huge frequent offender his entire life. He is totally psychotic. He shows others what they want to see and then behind closed doors in a total nutjob. He should have never been released from prison. I feel for his family but they were never able to help him or keep him straight. I feel for her family because she had no idea what she was truly getting into when she met him. It was a death warrant.
chester girlfriend

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

RIP my friend Penny. you were soooo sweet and didnt see the bad side of people. I am so saddened that he took you on this last journey with him running from the police again. Now we have a lost a very sweet loving friend. I was with them both an hour and half before they died and im so glad i got to hug and kiss her and laugh for the moments before she was a victim! My prayers for the family and her son. We will miss her sweet kindness and laughter as she was always around us all and touched us all! RIP my friend.
pennys friend

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

From His Past wrote:
I am sad that he took a woman out with him. This guy has been a huge frequent offender his entire life. He is totally psychotic. He shows others what they want to see and then behind closed doors in a total nutjob. He should have never been released from prison. I feel for his family but they were never able to help him or keep him straight. I feel for her family because she had no idea what she was truly getting into when she met him. It was a death warrant.
i wish they kept him in jail also just two weeks ago when he was arrested in hopewell. then she would still be here with us! She was a true victim with a big heart!
Friend from Chester

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

I am truly saddened by the loss of Penny and Dan. I had not known Dan as long as I had Penny but they were always caring and friendly with me. I happened to be riding with them 2 weeks ago when things went down in Hopewell and he was arrested (or when Penny and I left he was in handcuffs in the back of a policecar) I didn't know his past I just know that he was a nice guy to me. And I believe that he would have never wanted that to happen to himself or especially Penny, who he always told me he loved.
MADD

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

I guess this guy was not the sharpest tool in the shed. Why the hell was this 48 year old woman with a 40 year old man. She should have known he was nothing but a dumbass.
FRIEND OF THE FAMILY

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

Sam wrote:
YOUR COMMENT ONLY SHOWS YOUR IGNORANCE! LET'S HOPE THAT NO ONE YOU CARE ABOUT IS KILLED IN SUCH A WAY BECAUSE THOSE WORDS WILL TASTE LIKE VINEGAR!! PENNY HAS TWO SONS AND MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO THEM NOW.

Your comment only shows your ignorance!! Let's hope that no one you love or care about is killed in such a way because those words will taste like vinegar!! Penny had TWO sons and my thoughts and prayers go out to them now. Bad enough their father's life had a tragic ending, now the loss of their mother because of an idiot who had no regard for her life and made such a horrible decision! May God Bless you Penny - you will be missed greatly!
OLD GIRLFRIEND

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2010

Judged:

PENNY AND I MET IN HIGH SCHOOL AND WERE BEST FRIENDS FOR AWHILE. THEN AS LIFE MOVED ON WE LOST TOUCH WITH EACH OTHER. I MOVED BACK TO THE NEIGHBOHOOD WHERE I GREW UP AT AND DISCOVERED THAT PENNY WAS LIVING ON MY STREET. I JUST REALIZED THAT SHE WAS THE PASSENGER IN THE CAMARO THAT WAS INVOLVED IN THE FATAL ACCIDENT ON WEDNESDAY AND I AM ABSOLUTELY SICK TO MY STOMACH. I AM EVEN MORE SICKENED BY SOME OF THE COMMENTS THAT WERE MADE BY PEOPLE WHO CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO UNDERSTAND THIS TRADGEDY TO ITS FULLEST!!!!
PENNY WILL BE DEEPLY MISSED BY THOSE LEFT BEHIND. RIP OLD GIRLFRIEND.
Cousin of Penny

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2010

Penny is my cousin. I found out on Thursday when I got off of work that my cousin had been killed in a fatal accident. It is not myself that I am worried about but her two sons. Now because of what he did my cousin is dead. Now her two sons have loss their mother. She felt more to me than a cousin. She was like a sister to me. My cousin used to go on trips with me and my family when we were children. My prayers goes out to my cousin's two sons. I will always miss you Penny. May God Bless you Penny.

Cousin Linda
maryjeep4u

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2010

My comment is to all you news people media. You'll have been so harsh to Penny Phelps Stanleys family. She made a mistake riding with this idiot. However, this does not make her a bad person. You report about Diets family. However, you fail to report about the tragedy this has caused her family. Penny was a beautiful young lady with two sons. I am sure that you have people who work at your place of employment who have made mistakes in there lives. Unfortunately, the only bad thing about Penny is it cost her life. May you rest in peace Penny.
maryjeep4u

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2010

Judged:

Sam wrote:
Hey Sam: Penny was not a turd just flushed. Yes she made a mistake getting in the car with Dietz. She made a mistake but this does not make her a bad person. Penny had two sons affected by this tragedy. Sam: For Your Information I grew up with Penny she was the sweetest kindest person a neighbor could ask for. I am so tired of you kind of people critics putting your nasty comments about her. I am sure you have made mistakes in your past. Penny deserved a better person than this idiot Dietz.
pennys friends chester

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

can someone please let us know of the funeral arrangements? i was with penny an hour before she died and i really would like to pay my personal respects and goodbye to her. we miss her face terribly in chester!
Cousin of Penny

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

pennys friends chester wrote:
can someone please let us know of the funeral arrangements? i was with penny an hour before she died and i really would like to pay my personal respects and goodbye to her. we miss her face terribly in chester!
My Aunt is planning on having a memorial service for Penny at her church. It would have been my Cousin's birthday. I miss her a lot too.

Penny's cousin
friend of Chester

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2010

Sam U need to get a life!!!! Penny will be missed, I didn't know her well but have talked to her from time to time while being out in Chester,this is a terrible terrible thing and I wish it could be reversed!My thoughts and prayers truley go out to her family and close friends. R.I.P
cantunderstand

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2010

Judged:

Why did she let him drive her car ? He is my friend. We have talked extensively about his past. I have never seen him get in my car and ask me to let him drive.(Corvette) He always wore his seatbelt...Another thing I dont understand about this accident. I dont know Penny but from what I've heard from Dan and everyone eles she was a nice girl and I cant understand either of them not wearing their seatbelts...investigate...inve stigate the SEATBELTS....Not that it would have made a difference... in this high speed ...investigate the investigators....Its always more to it than u know...I feel terrible for everyone involved...for her and him...and both families...I dont know that he was driving or if she was driving....I just know THAT THEIR BOTH GONE...AND EVERYONE WILL MISS THEM..HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE...OUIT WITH THE SONE THROWING...ITS NOT GONNA BRING EITHER ONE OF THEM BACK TO US...
Family in Ohio

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

Judged:

It saddens me to read some of the things written here about Dan and Penny. Yes, Dan had some problems but don't we all? He was changing his life around for the better but most just want to trash him. The media didn't say anything about Penny but plenty has been said here. Fact: they both left children behind. Fact: they both left family & friends behind. Fact: they will both be missed. This accident is a tragedy for both families and should not be minimized because of someone's past - whether Dan's or Penny's. Compassion and support is what is needed now, not hurtful words or meanful comments. May God strengthen the family and friends of both families as they go through this difficult time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chesterfield County Discussions

Search the Chesterfield County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Confederate Flag Stirs Patriotic Virginia Retort (Sep '13) Oct '13 VN Vet 18
Confederate flag stirs patriotic Va. retort (Sep '13) Oct '13 dunadd 34
where my dawgs at (Aug '13) Aug '13 the real me 1
38,600 Participants In The 14th Annual Ukrop's ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 E Flores 1
Greene County School Board Approves Allergy Man... (Feb '12) Apr '13 real central Va Marine 30
Police say 6-week old baby has died (Mar '13) Mar '13 Elizabeth 1
Suspect in Va. Trooper Murder: God Made Me Do It (Mar '13) Mar '13 Richard_ 1
•••
•••