Double Murder in Chesco Prompts $10K Reward

There are 5 comments on the KYW-AM Philadelphia story from Jul 9, 2008, titled Double Murder in Chesco Prompts $10K Reward. In it, KYW-AM Philadelphia reports that:

The Citizens Crime Commission has put up a $10,000 reward for information leading to whoever killed two people in Coatesville, Pa.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KYW-AM Philadelphia.

a great black father

Norwood, PA

#1 Jul 18, 2008
this double murder hurt my heart so bad that i still sometimes can't believe that it happened in my small but dangerous town of coatesville, pa. Shontay was a family member of mine, we weren't that close being i am alil older then she was but regardless she was family. Death has been closer & closer in my faimily in the past ten years that i woulda ever imagined. Ill-regardless to that, & i quote: THE POLICE MUST HANDLE THIS DOUBLE HOMICIDE AS IF IT WERE ONE OF THEIR VERY OWN OFFICERS GUN DOWN (IN THE LINE OF DUTY)!!!!!!!! These murders can not go UNSOLVED, there's a killer or killer(s) which i believe this is the work of more then one man, out here walking the streetz of coatesville or wherever as if nothing ever happened!!!!!!!!!! Shontay can't wake up and see the sunshine anymore and be proud of what she achieved here on earth, Corn P can't wake up and see the sunshine and thank god that he survived cancer and to kiss his kids and just tell them that he loves them. THIS IS A STRONG MESSAGE TO THE COUNTY DETECTIVES AND THE COATESVILLE POLICE, CALN POLICE AND WHATEVER OTHER AGENCYS WORKING ON THIS CASE, PLEASE DON'T ALLOW THIS TO GO UNSOLVED LIKE SO MANY OTHER MURDERS IN COATESVILLE. I've had run ins with the police before from coatesville to caln and i really started to believe that they didn't like young black men, the cops have to stop looking at all of us as criminals and thats how i feel. They didn't deserve that kinda death, nobody does but despite that we as a community have to still help these officers solve this case also. Don't go to sleep at night knowing what somebody has done to our brother corn p and our sister shontay!!!!!!! quite frankly, everybody got that word SNITCH fucked up. If you give information about these double homicides to police thats not considered snitching in my book, I consider that getting a ruthless, heartless coward off the streets!!!!!! They don't deserve to still be free. You never
know, if you do know anything about these murders he or them just might wanna take you out so think about that for a minute when you go to bed at night knowing who was at fault for these murders. WAKE UP COATESVILLE & stop letting all these outta towners run our city!!!!!!!!!! Stop befriending them, YOU DON'T KNOW THEM BUT THEY KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT (you). YOUNG BROTHA'S WAKE UP, YOUNG SISTA'S WAKE UP before it's to late & this person or person(s) have it so you really don't wake up like he did our brotha carnell parker & shontay peterson, you know you don't want that and i am talking to the people that really really know. BESTY MAE AND PAR, may god be with both of you's and i pray for both of you two mothers to get justice.
A VERY CONCERNED CITIZEN

Vineland, NJ

#2 Jul 27, 2008
WHAT HAS OUR CITY BECOME,I WAS BORN AND RAISED HERE IN THE CITY OF COATESVILLE 40 YEARS AGO,IM ALMOST ASHAMED TO TELL ANYONE THAT IAM FROM HERE,WE CAN NOT SIT AROUND AND WATCH OUR CITY SELF DESTRUCT,THE MOST HEART WRENCHING THING IS TO LOOK AT THOSE 2 MOTHERS THAT LOST THEIR LOVE ONES,TO SUCH VIOLENCE,I KNEW BETSY MAE MY ENTIRE LIFE,I KNEW FROM THE BEGINNING THAT SHE WAS GOING TO BE AN EXCEPTIONAL MOTHER ONE DAY,AND I WAS RIGHT,WHAT A MOTHER,I FEEL SO BAD FOR HER RIGHT NOW,I BEG AND PLEAD WITH ANYBODY ,THAT MIGHT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE 2 HOMICIDES,PLEASE CONTACT POLICE,HOW CAN ANYBODY LIVE WITH THEMSELVES KNOWING WHAT THOSE TWO MOTHERS ARE DEALING WITH,ONE THING ABOUT JESUS CHRIST,HE KNOWS IT ALL,THOSE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATH OF SHONTAE,AND CARN,U WILL PAY,I JUST WANT CLOSE BY SAYING MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE,TAGGART AND PARKER FAMILY,MY HEARS ARE WIDE OPEN,IF I HEAR ANYTHING,I WILL BE THE FIRST TO CALL POLICE,GOD BLESS
A VERY CONCERNED CITIZEN

Vineland, NJ

#3 Jul 27, 2008
I WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS MESSAGE TO THE COATESVILLE POLICE DEPT.PLEASE DONT GET DISCOURGED,BUT GET INCOURGED,I AM 40 YEAR OLD BLACK MALE LIVING IN THE CITY MY WHOLE LIFE,I SUPPORT YOUR EFFORTS WHOLE HEARTALLY.PLEASE KEEP ON LOCKING UP THE ASSHOLES THAT CONTINUE TO VIOLATE 6TH AVE AS WELL AS THE WEST END OF THE CITY,THE YOUTH ARE CORRUPTING THE CITY IN RECORD NUMBERS,FOR THOSE OF YOU GETTING CHASED DOWN BY POLICE, YOUR BRINGING ON YOUR SELVES,STOP AND FRISK WILL PUT A STOP TO ALL THOUSE SCUM BAG DRUG DEALERS,IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE YOU SHOULDNT WORRY ABOUT BEING FRISK,I JUST HOPE ONE DAY WE CAN BUILD A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH THE CITY POLICE,IN MY DAY WE HAD OFFICER SPENCER, OFFICER SEARLES,YOU COULD STOP AND TALK TO THESE OFFICERS LIKE A FRIEND,WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE DAYS
A VERY CONCERNED CITIZEN

Vineland, NJ

#4 Jul 27, 2008
HELP,HELP,CITY OF COATESVILLE IS IN A MAJOR CRISIS,PLEASE HELP,WE NEED THE FEDS,ASAP
shamed villin

Memphis, TN

#5 Sep 21, 2008
all i have to say iz im tired of the older generation blaming this generation, i know itz bad out here in these streetz and our youth iz lost but I will own up to that at the same time Im a 25 single mother who choose to go down that same road of bein lost but I also made the choice to get my life together and make something of myself...at the same time when the older generation was bumpin marvin gaye and stuffing nose candy up there noses that is what half of the generation is out here lost becuz those parents are still let me say it again still on 7th ave. smoking crack, and half of their sons are the ones giving it to them so instead of always putting the blame on us understand our pain go deeper into it why were like this and take ownership for these still hiding behind the NA meetings, still getting high on the low older generations... remember: YAHLL RAISED US SO OWN UP TO IT!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chester County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Shopping Center in Oxford, PA (Feb '08) Feb '15 Nero 598
Armed robberies in Oxford? (Sep '14) Feb '15 moo poo 9
i hate people! (Oct '12) Jan '15 Moral Man 11
News Indian population booming in Philadelphia area (Jul '11) Dec '14 Go Blue Forever 58
Blockbusters Nov '14 puffbaby41 1
News Illegal alcohol sales alleged in Chesco (Nov '14) Nov '14 Bikerchick 1
News Family, school speak out after murder of 3-year... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Tommy Carroll 1
More from around the web