New Shopping Center in Oxford, PA
phillybob

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#287 Jun 9, 2011
bulk food and candy at the oxford farm market sadly disapeared without notice about a month ago as well as all the nice indoor furniture.
We need change

United States

#288 Jun 27, 2011
Hey Sam any update when they will start building the store or possible opening date. Did any other stores sign up?
just a local

Street, MD

#289 Jun 28, 2011
I just sat and read through all the post on here and must say it was very interesting reading. It is a shame however that some people take it upon them selves to belittle the people that live in the very town they live in. I myself see the coming of the commons as a chance for things to change.
First and foremost maybe we will have a boost in funding to the local schools which in turn will help in taxes. In case any one has not noticed we are taxed to death. Secondly it will open up some employment for our local youths and also anyone else that has found themselves on the unemployment line. It may not be the perfect job but its a job and the last time I checked any income at all is better then none.
Unfortunatly the local shopping in town has been dead for years so please do not blame the influx of new buissness on the down fall of our local shops. There is a need that is going to be filled, and if you do not agree that is fine, spend your money where you want. Personally I will save my gas and shop at the commons, and oh yeah, probably grab a meal there.
Maryann

Conneaut Lake, PA

#290 Jun 28, 2011
Thank You, Just A Local, You are right, instead of putting down people in town we should be glad there will be something to keep them busy, and possibly better themselves. It will be a blessing to be able to drive in town to pick up odds and ends instead of driving 2o miles or more. Now if they would build a Movie Theater or a theater on a smaller scale of the Wilmington or Media Theate, that would be great!!
Sam Knowingly

United States

#291 Jun 29, 2011
Walmart Spring 2012. Other stores include Sleepys, Autozone, McDonalds,2 banks,a Chinese buffet,Hair Cuttery,Game Stop, Sonic.
joe

Oxford, PA

#293 Jul 8, 2011
i see that there are some walls going up
local man

Coronado Ntl Forest, AZ

#294 Jul 8, 2011
I hear the McDonald's is in the Wal-Mart vs a stand alone, anyone know for sure??
Sam Knowingly

United States

#295 Jul 8, 2011
McDonald's is stand alone.
art123

Conneaut Lake, PA

#296 Jul 13, 2011
does anyone know what the look of the shopping center will be like? Will it be traditional or will it be the town center type the way they have in exton or glen mills? Also does anyone know if they will be using that old building for something? Last I looked it wasn't torn down and it would be cool if they coul incorporate it into their design.
local man

Coronado Ntl Forest, AZ

#297 Jul 13, 2011
I was told the house is a life-deeded and cannot be touched till the current resident passes. I heard it's planned to be used as a property managetment/real estate office space

Again all what I hear not sure what is what
Eddie J

Kansas City, MO

#298 Jul 18, 2011
I just heard the State Police has recently considered putting a local office in this shopping center or across the street. Anybody else hear this?
Markny

Conowingo, MD

#299 Jul 21, 2011
art123 wrote:
does anyone know what the look of the shopping center will be like? Will it be traditional or will it be the town center type the way they have in exton or glen mills? Also does anyone know if they will be using that old building for something? Last I looked it wasn't torn down and it would be cool if they coul incorporate it into their design.
Here is the Link on the Lower Oxford Website, I am not sure if this is still current, Perhaps Sam can confirm.

http://www.loweroxfordtownship.com/Oxford%20C...
joe

Oxford, PA

#300 Jul 22, 2011
theres a sign up at the build site with the list of stores that will be there cant remember all of them but there is no sonic. theres going to be a pizza shop. game stop Chinese buffet. micky Ds. mattress store. etc i was hopeing for a sonic lol
John J

Media, PA

#301 Jul 23, 2011
Does anyone know what they are building in that little shopping center next to the Robinson's Furniture Outlet warehouse. They have had the curbs and parking lot paved for a while but it looks like they are starting some sort of construction in the back of it. Just curious. Probably another Pizza shop.
Country Singer

Oxford, PA

#302 Jul 23, 2011
John J wrote:
Does anyone know what they are building in that little shopping center next to the Robinson's Furniture Outlet warehouse. They have had the curbs and parking lot paved for a while but it looks like they are starting some sort of construction in the back of it. Just curious. Probably another Pizza shop.
Don't know... They started that about two years ago and then left it as you see it.....
John J

Media, PA

#303 Jul 23, 2011
I know they put the curbs and parking lot in a long time ago but there is new "construction" going on there right now. Just wondered if anybody knew anything about that. It was rumored awhile ago that they were putting in some sort of steakhouse. I know wishful thinking. The Wal*Mart shopping center is getting a Bravo Pizza. Really!!!!!!
mid 80s transplant

Paradise, PA

#304 Jul 24, 2011
A Texas Roadhouse restaurant would do very well here as their price points are very reasonable for a family.
phillybob

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#305 Jul 25, 2011
I heard the Sonic is going to be near the Robinson's Furniture Outlet...
Beverly

Rockland, DE

#306 Jul 25, 2011
BEST KEPT SECRET IN OXFORD: Great food, reasonable prices, beautiful patio where you can watch the sunset while you eat, live entertainment on Saturday nights, extensive kids menu (they eat free on Sunday and Monday nights). Everything from hamburgers to filet mignon. THE BALL AND THISTLE PUB AT WYNCOTE GOLF CLUB. Rt 10, just past Rt. 1. Casual dress,check it out!
country singer

Ocean City, MD

#307 Jul 25, 2011
It stinks !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chester County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pennsylvania: Shelter cats may have avian flu53... Dec '16 Good Cat Dead Cat 1
vote trump Nov '16 4years 1
Chester County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Re... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Mila 2
News After 153 years, Berwyn's oldest business to be... (Aug '16) Aug '16 lgspin 1
Armed robberies in Oxford? (Sep '14) Feb '15 moo poo 9
i hate people! (Oct '12) Jan '15 Moral Man 11
News Indian population booming in Philadelphia area (Jul '11) Dec '14 Go Blue Forever 58
More from around the web