Oxford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2011

owner of pretzel stand wrote:
want a differant kind of shopping?? try the oxford farm market at 193 limestone rd.we have chicken BBQ,ribs,pork sandwiches, Bulk foods, candy,home-made baked-goods, crafts,green-house,flowers,sof t pretzels,pretzel wraps,ice-cream,free soft-pretzel with purchase of: milk-shake,iced coffee,or root-beer-float!!!buy 6 soft pretzels get on free,in 3 weeks we plan to open a soup,sub,and,salad stand,and rice-cake-popping-machine. come see this machine at work! we WELCOME walmart to oxford and thInk it will benifit us in the long run..WE ARE GROWING AND ADDING NEW FOOD EVERY WEEK.WE PLAN TO HAVE FRESH MEAT STAND PUT IN SOON AS WELL AS OTHER VENDERS.WE ALSO DO PHOTO ENHANCEMENT.CHECK US OUT!SPREAD THE WORD!!!
Your food and shopping are great- could you possibly be open more than 3 days to take advantage of it?
Slightly concerned

Media, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

I have heard that Home Depot/Lowes are still coming but are going to be there about a year after the WalMart opens up (2013). Anyone here anything about this?
jinxx

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

Yea for the meat stand! I am lookin forward to it! Used to buy @ Booths Corner...miss it...
phillybob

Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

bulk food and candy at the oxford farm market sadly disapeared without notice about a month ago as well as all the nice indoor furniture.
We need change

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2011

Hey Sam any update when they will start building the store or possible opening date. Did any other stores sign up?
just a local

Oxford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2011

I just sat and read through all the post on here and must say it was very interesting reading. It is a shame however that some people take it upon them selves to belittle the people that live in the very town they live in. I myself see the coming of the commons as a chance for things to change.
First and foremost maybe we will have a boost in funding to the local schools which in turn will help in taxes. In case any one has not noticed we are taxed to death. Secondly it will open up some employment for our local youths and also anyone else that has found themselves on the unemployment line. It may not be the perfect job but its a job and the last time I checked any income at all is better then none.
Unfortunatly the local shopping in town has been dead for years so please do not blame the influx of new buissness on the down fall of our local shops. There is a need that is going to be filled, and if you do not agree that is fine, spend your money where you want. Personally I will save my gas and shop at the commons, and oh yeah, probably grab a meal there.
Maryann

South Point, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2011

Thank You, Just A Local, You are right, instead of putting down people in town we should be glad there will be something to keep them busy, and possibly better themselves. It will be a blessing to be able to drive in town to pick up odds and ends instead of driving 2o miles or more. Now if they would build a Movie Theater or a theater on a smaller scale of the Wilmington or Media Theate, that would be great!!
Sam Knowingly

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2011

Walmart Spring 2012. Other stores include Sleepys, Autozone, McDonalds,2 banks,a Chinese buffet,Hair Cuttery,Game Stop, Sonic.
joe

Oxford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

i see that there are some walls going up
local man

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

I hear the McDonald's is in the Wal-Mart vs a stand alone, anyone know for sure??
Sam Knowingly

Hedgesville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

McDonald's is stand alone.
art123

Kinsman, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

does anyone know what the look of the shopping center will be like? Will it be traditional or will it be the town center type the way they have in exton or glen mills? Also does anyone know if they will be using that old building for something? Last I looked it wasn't torn down and it would be cool if they coul incorporate it into their design.
local man

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

I was told the house is a life-deeded and cannot be touched till the current resident passes. I heard it's planned to be used as a property managetment/real estate office space

Again all what I hear not sure what is what
Eddie J

Malvern, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

I just heard the State Police has recently considered putting a local office in this shopping center or across the street. Anybody else hear this?
Markny

Conowingo, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

art123 wrote:
does anyone know what the look of the shopping center will be like? Will it be traditional or will it be the town center type the way they have in exton or glen mills? Also does anyone know if they will be using that old building for something? Last I looked it wasn't torn down and it would be cool if they coul incorporate it into their design.
Here is the Link on the Lower Oxford Website, I am not sure if this is still current, Perhaps Sam can confirm.

http://www.loweroxfordtownship.com/Oxford%20C...
joe

Oxford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2011

theres a sign up at the build site with the list of stores that will be there cant remember all of them but there is no sonic. theres going to be a pizza shop. game stop Chinese buffet. micky Ds. mattress store. etc i was hopeing for a sonic lol
John J

Media, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

Does anyone know what they are building in that little shopping center next to the Robinson's Furniture Outlet warehouse. They have had the curbs and parking lot paved for a while but it looks like they are starting some sort of construction in the back of it. Just curious. Probably another Pizza shop.
Country Singer

Oxford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

John J wrote:
Does anyone know what they are building in that little shopping center next to the Robinson's Furniture Outlet warehouse. They have had the curbs and parking lot paved for a while but it looks like they are starting some sort of construction in the back of it. Just curious. Probably another Pizza shop.
Don't know... They started that about two years ago and then left it as you see it.....
John J

Media, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

I know they put the curbs and parking lot in a long time ago but there is new "construction" going on there right now. Just wondered if anybody knew anything about that. It was rumored awhile ago that they were putting in some sort of steakhouse. I know wishful thinking. The Wal*Mart shopping center is getting a Bravo Pizza. Really!!!!!!
mid 80s transplant

Quarryville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

A Texas Roadhouse restaurant would do very well here as their price points are very reasonable for a family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 281 - 300 of603
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chester County Discussions

Search the Chester County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Indian population booming in Philadelphia area (Jul '11) Jun 29 NoWayFastEddie 58
Man Suspect in Girlfriend's Murder (Nov '07) May '14 XXX 17
Kerns murder suicide Mar '14 alice cundiff 1
U.S. aid for winter storms can be less than exp... Mar '14 talk 1
'Man Who Would Be King' had Chesco origin Jan '14 Marshallton Resident 1
Byers Station -- Homeowners Association (Aug '06) Oct '13 Gina 10
Feral Cat Frenzy In Coatesville (Aug '13) Aug '13 Tara Pennock 1
•••
•••