2-year-old boy in critical condition ...

2-year-old boy in critical condition after accidental self-inflicted gun shot to the head

There are 2 comments on the KETK story from May 29, 2013, titled 2-year-old boy in critical condition after accidental self-inflicted gun shot to the head. In it, KETK reports that:

UPDATE : A 2-year-old boy is in critical condition at a Tyler hospital after what Cherokee County Sheriff James Campbell says is a self-inflicted accidental shooting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KETK.

J Smith

Tyler, TX

#1 May 29, 2013
I wonder why this child was flown by Careflight to a Tyler hospital instead of taking him to Dallas where they have specialized facilities for children? I'm going to guess that it was ETMC EMS, ETMC Careflight, and ETMC Hospital.
Bill VonKleef

Tyler, TX

#2 May 29, 2013
I know a few people in the local medical field. It's amazing how many of them think that ETMC is motivated by money and not by their patient's needs, and many of them work for ETMC. I've heard over and over about unnecessary helicopter rides or forcing a patient to go to ETMC even when they stated that they want to go to another facility because ETMC is a Trauma Center. Excuse me, isn't Mother Francis a Trauma Center also? People need to be educated and complain to the appropriate authorities when they do this kind of stuff. I personally don't care, but when someone wants to go to a particular hospital, that wish should be granted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherokee County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State Commission on Judicial Conduct subpoenas ... (Mar '11) Dec '14 Bran 3
News Teen arrested for stealing county equipment (Sep '14) Sep '14 reader 1
News Cherokee County Commissioners Court controversy (Sep '14) Sep '14 Jenn 1
News Controversy surrounds Cherokee County election ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Jenn 1
News Blair runs for Cherokee county judge (Jan '14) Mar '14 cherokee voter 6
News Man lashes out at judge after receiving maximum... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Marcus 2
News JP Foreman files petition on candidate (Mar '14) Mar '14 Flint 1
More from around the web