Judge John B. Sumner
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
one that knows

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Jul 17, 2008
What is going on with this Judge? How did he become a judge? Have you seen the pictures of the homes he is placing children in? Those are the homes you are supposed to remove children from. Now his history of DUI's are out! He is bankrolling the court appointed therapist he personally used by forcing others to use her by court ordering them. She drives a very nice car, and I feel certian the citizens of Cherokee County Ga paid for it.

Google his name, learn more.

Since: Aug 08

Cape Elizabeth, ME

#2 Aug 3, 2008
I'm trying to get a feel for the family judges in Cherokee county. I'm out of state and have not been able to exercise my visitation in 3 years because she moves the child to NY during my time. The Ex just moved to Cherokee county. She's in contempt and the child is 14. How are the judges when it comes to a child living in a house where they smoke marijuana? Do they care?
banter is good

Alachua, FL

#3 Aug 4, 2008
The Superior Court Judges are decent, that is who is supposed to handle family court. They are not fond of parental alienation. If you get Sumner who is a Juvenile court judge, while he sucks as a judge, he is a daddy judge, so you have a chance with him. I think they have to reside in Cherokee County for at least 6 months. You would have to get a local attorney.

Cape Elizabeth, ME

#4 Aug 4, 2008
Thanks. It's big time alienation, but he's now 14. I've spoken to a few lawyers down there, a Morgan Robinson in particular. She mentioned Judge Mills not Sumner. I'll be 6 months in October they will be in that county. I had Cynthia Wright from Fulton county and got nowhere. That was 3 1/2 years ago. Do you have any idea how they are down there about pot smoking going on in the house where the child resides?
SaveOneChild

Newberg, OR

#5 Aug 4, 2008
If you call the police of the city where the child resides, they will investigate your claim, and/or forward it to Cherokee County DFACS for investigation.
promiser wrote:
Thanks. It's big time alienation, but he's now 14. I've spoken to a few lawyers down there, a Morgan Robinson in particular. She mentioned Judge Mills not Sumner. I'll be 6 months in October they will be in that county. I had Cynthia Wright from Fulton county and got nowhere. That was 3 1/2 years ago. Do you have any idea how they are down there about pot smoking going on in the house where the child resides?

Cape Elizabeth, ME

#6 Aug 5, 2008
I did. They said just to report it to DFACS because they would need a search warrant where DFACS doesn't. So That's the plan. I just didn't know if anyone out there had any experience with a sitution like this in Cherokee county. Thanks.
banter is good

Texarkana, TX

#7 Aug 10, 2008
Try calling dfcs and tell them you believe there is a drug problem in the house. They should go there and demand a drug test (urine) immediately. If they have been smoking it should turn up. For the most part, the judges do not like drug abuse.

I know of a mother who tested positive for pot, and she lost custody of both her kids.

Judge Mills is a fair judge (most of the time)

Good luck

Cape Elizabeth, ME

#8 Aug 12, 2008
Called DFCS yesterday. They're sending someone out to check out the situation. I have to call in a couple of days to find out what happened. They won't let anyone read the report unless a judge orders it. Is Judge Mills still on the bench? I'm reading about a judge Sumner.Where's he?
banter is good

Texarkana, TX

#9 Aug 14, 2008
Sumner is in Cherokee but he is a Juvenile Court Judge. If DFCS is involved you would get him or the other Juvenile Court Judge. Sumner is a daddy judge.

Judge Mills is the Chief Superior Court Judge. Mills does not like substance abuse.

There are three other judges to choose from as well.

Stress the alienation, and the substance abuse.

Cape Elizabeth, ME

#10 Aug 15, 2008
And now the fact that her boyfriend/ex-husband was fired from his job for improper conduct with a minor!Dfacs has the info now.

Cape Elizabeth, ME

#11 Sep 2, 2008
By the way DFAC is doing nothing. They won't even respond and give me a finding. I made the complaint and can't get an answer.
Pumba

Leitchfield, KY

#12 Sep 3, 2008
That is Cherokee County for you. Google Judge John B Sumner's name, he will have a listing of things for courthouse forum, go there. Look for homes that Sumner places children in. You will see a house that DFCS approved for children to live in. our prisoners are treated better.
Sissy

Lilburn, GA

#13 Sep 27, 2008
I have a family member that works around the court house.She tells me that Judge Sumner always sends the kids back home and 99% of the time to Daddy.He has sent children back home that ended up dead.She tells me that people picket this judge in front of the court house about onece a month.I have a grandchild right now that has an ongoing case before Judge Sumner where there is lots of proof of abuse and he sent the terrified child back home.I haven't been allowed any contact by the father and the DFACS worker is a joke.She treats me as if I am the crimminal.The guardian adleidum is to busy with his law practice to keep up with the child.The father is now in the process of changing the chids school so that nobody will no about the case.Nobody seems to care.
Barbara

Lebanon, KY

#14 Oct 6, 2008
Sissy,
We have the same corrupt Judge. Topix will not allow me to post my phone number, but we are listed in the book in Cumming, GA. Please call me.
Barbara Rose
gossiper

Grandview, TX

#15 Oct 11, 2008
I hear that the judge is being investigated, but for what i don't know
Sissy

Lilburn, GA

#16 Oct 14, 2008
OK Barbara Rose tomorrow.I'll find you.
brownie

Glen Rose, TX

#17 Oct 19, 2008
judge sumner did fine in my case and the dfacs workers did there jobs too. we don't always get the out come we want, but what God's feels is the best at the time. regardless if the decision was given through a judge or whoever. we have all been ill at someone at some point, but why spread things we don't know. i have investigated this too. i think if your low enough to write about someone online just go to them.
White Robes

Cartersville, GA

#18 Oct 25, 2008
There is only one Judge who can wear a White Robe. The Judges are humans not God! There is a reason the robes they wear are black and not white. Getting dirty may be a good reason. All Judges are not Bad-but will make account of their decisions.
Sissy

Lawrenceville, GA

#19 Oct 27, 2008
This has nothing to do with being ill at someone or not getting what we want.This has to do with a child being abused physically and mentally and no one wants to stand up to the con artist abuser and put a stop to it.I guess you could say I'm not ill.I'm mad !!!If something happens to this child.Everyone involved in this case will be held responsible to the fullest extent of the law.
Barbara

Texarkana, TX

#20 Nov 5, 2008
Sissy, I am still waiting for your call, my answering machine does not work so if you left a message I would not have rec'd it.

To read more on John Sumner go to this link

http://ratethecourts.com/judge.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherokee County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Traffic Aug '17 CherokeeCitizen 1
News I.D. of skeletal remains determined (Sep '07) Feb '17 Tolerman 17
Cherokee County Arrest Records and Criminal Mug... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Logan 2
News Payne takes Super Late Model victory at Dixie S... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Shurley Muldowney 1
News Colbert Calls Canton 'Crappy' (Jul '08) Aug '16 Rollo Jenkins 15
News Page stays perfect with Dixie Super Late Model ... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Tick Drickle 1
Judge Cannon (May '16) May '16 X the good ole boys 1
More from around the web