Late blight threatening upstate tomato, potato crops again

Aug 8, 2010 Full story: Press & Sun-Bulletin

Experts are warning local farmers and backyard gardeners that tomato and potato crops are being threatened by the same airborne disease that did serious damage to last year's harvest.

Full Story

“Get out of MY country!!”

Since: Feb 10

HopBotton in Pennsyltucky....

#1 Aug 9, 2010
Just Media hype to drive up the costs of vegetables again.. Boycott the media at every possible chance!!
Straight_Shooter

Rochester, NY

#2 Aug 9, 2010
Tired of the black fungus blight affecting my Tomatoes and Peppers .... and city too.

Since: Jun 10

Rochester, NY

#3 Aug 9, 2010
Straight_Shooter wrote:
Tired of the black fungus blight affecting my Tomatoes and Peppers .... and city too.
Wouldn't it be nice to grenade every single street corner in Rottenchester? That'll save us taxpayers about 3 million a year from the cops getting overtime, to the Fire Department having to stop fires from lit crack pipes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chemung County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reed:'Character assassination' from late tax pa... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Tom Taylor 1
Elmira Man Sentenced for Sex Crime (Oct '08) Sep '13 Judge Whopcock 18
Schuyler County man found guilty of federal chi... (Feb '13) Feb '13 pigpen911 1
Fight the blight: Elmira officials ready to tak... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Rob G 2
Same-sex marriage should expand the audience fo... (Jul '11) Jul '11 theodora 1
Some upstate prisons see more suicides (Jan '11) Jun '11 odessa 2
Southern Tier Fire Chief Fired (Mar '11) Mar '11 Belinda Connor 1
More from around the web