DA: Shooting of suspect by CPD office...

DA: Shooting of suspect by CPD officers justified

There are 53 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Feb 24, 2010, titled DA: Shooting of suspect by CPD officers justified. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

After a multi-agency investigation, 5th Judicial District Attorney Janetta Hicks announced Wednesday the police shooting of Ryan Baker was justified.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#54 Mar 7, 2010
Kornback Rattler wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't call you a bytche, but many, many, many people have.
I'm laughing at your cowardice.
I dont care who has called my a bytch for I admit I am a bytch when necessary. And? What is your point?

Location hidden

#55 Mar 7, 2010
Kornback Rattler wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for a fact you didn't earn it. This town isn't that big.
I'm rolling on the floor laughing at what a chicken shyte you are.
And? What is your point? I have not lived here forever. Chicken shyt? lmfao. Sorry, you have the wrong person calling me a chick shyt. You THINK you know and you dont.

Location hidden

#56 Mar 7, 2010
KBR, if you think you know me, then spill it. You are NOT entitled to know anything about me. Just because this is a small town doesn't mean shyt. You do not know about me, just what you think and want to make up in your pathetic head. You seem to want to know about others, but not reveal yourself...that is quite funny, so, you are the chicken shyt. I am not a criminal, so what difference does my life make concerning you even if I was a criminal? Tell me, why do YOU think you need to know about me? You must have a personality disorder or more than one. Can you not see there is something wrong when you are wanting info about me, but I am not asking about you? The answer is I dont care who you are, you still are a nobody. lmfao

Location hidden

#58 Mar 7, 2010
Kornback Rattler wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop, I'm laughing at you too hard.
anyways. u r off ur rocker, pathetic, useless, & a nobody who wishes u were a somebody.

Location hidden

#60 Mar 7, 2010
Kornback Rattler wrote:
<quoted text>
Except the hypocrite Michele.
anyways. u r off ur rocker, pathetic, useless, & a nobody who wishes u were a somebody.

Location hidden

#62 Mar 7, 2010
Kornback Rattler wrote:
<quoted text>
It must have made you feel good lambasting the poor girl about her deceased uncle, even though you too had/have a criminal for an uncle.
Way to go "close eyes"!
Hypocrites - 1
Compassion - 0
But hey that's you.
My uncle did not do anything like what her uncle did for one. But still, you are a hyocrite. You are saying this and that with criminals and then you change your tune at me when my uncle was nothing like that. There must be something about me that you are jealous of, or you cannot stand how much of a strong person I am.
anyways. u r off ur rocker, pathetic, useless, & a nobody who wishes u were a somebody. Just from your behavior on here, you DO HAVE a personality disorder. You live in a false life full of false beliefs. And NO, I do not feel sorry for her uncle.

Location hidden

#64 Mar 7, 2010
Kornback Rattler wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right "there must be something about you", LMAO!
I didn't insinuate that you should feel sorry for the young lady's uncle..........but you could have (if you weren't such a f88king MOE RON!) some sympathy for what the girl is going through.
You simply are lacking the very qualities that allow a human being to live in social harmony..........psychopathic or "whacked out" what ever you prefer.
I already sad it was said he choose to not do what he needed to do. She is the one who says the cops shot her uncle for no reason. She is the one ranting and raving making excuses for her uncle. As I said, I do not feel sorry for her uncle and his choices. The family lost him a long time ago with his behavior. You can say whatever. anyways. u r off ur rocker, pathetic, useless, & a nobody who wishes u were a somebody.

Location hidden

#66 Mar 7, 2010
Kornback Rattler wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a fine one to talk about anyone "ranting and raving".
You will always be a mental case. You have to attack, attack, attack. I gave you attention like you wanted today, so be happy. You are getting old on here, showing how pathetic and illogical thinking you possess, I highly recommend you start drugs after seeing a professional mental health association who can prescribe drugs, even if it is your PCP along with personal intervention from a therapist. I do not need to explain anything to you, you do not have entitlement to know anything about me. Like I said, you must hate that I am a strong person inside and out, and I do not back down from BS. Now we played on here, it is your bedtime. Go night-night and dont forget the peanut butter and your doggie.
Horus

Carlsbad, NM

#68 Mar 7, 2010
Michelewith1l wrote:
<quoted text>
... "The DA already said the shooting was justified."
Well that makes it just peachy, don't it?
Horus

Carlsbad, NM

#69 Mar 7, 2010
Hey,
you two get a room!!

Meanwhile back at the ranch. Why did the sheriffs' office do the investigation? Sheriff's deputies were involved in the chase. The Sheriff's son was one of the CPD officers who fired fatal missiles. Can you tell me why there was not state police investigation? Attorney General's office? Baker had no weapon.

Can you spell GRAND JURY?

Since: Nov 09

Carlsbad, NM

#70 Mar 7, 2010
Grand Jury?? Get real! It was cleared by the D.A. and that is all that is going to happen. The family might file a wrongful death suit but after a few years it will get dismissed. He didnít have to have a gun or any other weapon. The vehicle was the deadly weapon therefore deadly force was justified.
sometimes

Carlsbad, NM

#71 Mar 8, 2010
CBad wrote:
Grand Jury?? Get real! It was cleared by the D.A. and that is all that is going to happen. The family might file a wrongful death suit but after a few years it will get dismissed. He didnít have to have a gun or any other weapon. The vehicle was the deadly weapon therefore deadly force was justified.
Just so you know he did have a weapon, it was still holstered in a shoulder holster which he was wearing, that tragic night.
Know it

Carlsbad, NM

#72 Mar 8, 2010
CBad wrote:
There is a lesson in all of this, be a bad ass, die like a bad ass. Because there is always someone badder than you. Case in point: Baker shot a Roswell PD.,bad ass. Baker tried again with Carlsbad PD, he lost. To bad, the Roswell Pd swat team was on its way to carlsbad to tske care of baker. But they were a little late...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chaves County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crime Stoppers offering $1k reward for info. re... (Oct '14) Oct '14 tami 1
News Roswell boy, 9, recovering after dog mauling (Jun '14) Jun '14 too 1
News Gay marriage: Eddy County judges no longer offi... (Feb '14) May '14 Carlsbad Resident 435
News UPDATE:Shooting leaves one dead (Dec '09) Mar '14 Loll 117
News Dinner focuses discussion on beef production (Jan '14) Jan '14 Susan carter 1
News Cleanup efforts begin in Roswell (Sep '13) Jan '14 Susan carter 2
News Eddy County Commission OKs $120K contract for n... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Loves Carlsbad 3
More from around the web