DA: Shooting of suspect by CPD office...

DA: Shooting of suspect by CPD officers justified

There are 53 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Feb 24, 2010, titled DA: Shooting of suspect by CPD officers justified. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

After a multi-agency investigation, 5th Judicial District Attorney Janetta Hicks announced Wednesday the police shooting of Ryan Baker was justified.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bill Cooper

Yuba City, CA

#1 Feb 25, 2010
Thank you Carlsbad Police Department for getting this scum off our planet once and for all.
You did a great service in eliminating this scum from harming any additional innocent or involved lives.
I appreciate your effort CPD and I would have definately done exactly the same thing.
stephanie baker

Clovis, NM

#2 Mar 6, 2010
hey dude grow a heART THT SCUM WAS MY UNCE AN A HUMAN IFW WAS TAKIN SO SHUT UR MOUTH AN DONT SPEAK ON WHAT U AINT GOT NO CLUE ABOUT

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3 Mar 6, 2010
stephanie baker wrote:
hey dude grow a heART THT SCUM WAS MY UNCE AN A HUMAN IFW WAS TAKIN SO SHUT UR MOUTH AN DONT SPEAK ON WHAT U AINT GOT NO CLUE ABOUT
People here do not have a clue? Didnt your uncle shoot at cops in Roswell? Didnt your uncle run from cops in a vehicle, going through yards putting innocent people in harm's way? It is sad that your uncle did not get the help he needed or refused it. It is sad he did not consider his child and put that child first to straighten up. It does not matte what he went through because he has been in trouble before and had resources handed to him to get help to improve his life. He failed himself, his daughter, his family, his friends. You need to accept the truth how he was when he was not around his family. What would you be saying if he ran through a yard and killed innocent people or his own family? Would you still be saying the same thing? Face it, he is no longer suffering, causing others to suffer, wasting our tax money, and making his family wonder what is going to come next.
STEPHANIE BAKER

Clovis, NM

#4 Mar 6, 2010
WHAT PRISON IS SUPPOSE TO HELP PEOPLE NO IT MAKES THEM NOT BEABLE TO BE IN THE REAL WORLD AND THR AINT NO WHAT IFS ITS THE FACTS WITCH U DONT FUCKIN NO SO INLESS U NO WHAT UR SAYING WHY U SAYING ANYTHING I DONT CARE WUT ANYONE ELSE THINKS MY UNCLE WAS NOT LIKE EVERYONE IS TRYING TO MAKE HIM OUT TO BE OKAY AND U KNW WUT HE MADE MISTAKES SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE EVEN U AND JUS BECAUSE LIFE IS ON THE WRONG PATH AT THE TIME DOESN T ,MEAN IT COULDNT OF CHANGED HE WAS STILL YOUNG BUT INSTEAD OF PUNISHIND HIM FOR THE MISTAKES AND MAKING HIM LEARN FROM THEM THEY MURDERED HIM COLD BLOOD AND GOT WAY CAUSE OF A BADGE SO KNW THE WORLD WILL KNW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER BE A COP BUT MY UNCLE MAY BE GONE BUT HIS NAME AND MEMORY WILLL ALWAYS LIVE ON AND JUSTICE WILL BE GOT FOR HIM AND HOPE U DONT FUCKIN LIKE IT

Location hidden

#5 Mar 6, 2010
STEPHANIE BAKER wrote:
WHAT PRISON IS SUPPOSE TO HELP PEOPLE NO IT MAKES THEM NOT BEABLE TO BE IN THE REAL WORLD AND THR AINT NO WHAT IFS ITS THE FACTS WITCH U DONT FUCKIN NO SO INLESS U NO WHAT UR SAYING WHY U SAYING ANYTHING I DONT CARE WUT ANYONE ELSE THINKS MY UNCLE WAS NOT LIKE EVERYONE IS TRYING TO MAKE HIM OUT TO BE OKAY AND U KNW WUT HE MADE MISTAKES SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE EVEN U AND JUS BECAUSE LIFE IS ON THE WRONG PATH AT THE TIME DOESN T ,MEAN IT COULDNT OF CHANGED HE WAS STILL YOUNG BUT INSTEAD OF PUNISHIND HIM FOR THE MISTAKES AND MAKING HIM LEARN FROM THEM THEY MURDERED HIM COLD BLOOD AND GOT WAY CAUSE OF A BADGE SO KNW THE WORLD WILL KNW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER BE A COP BUT MY UNCLE MAY BE GONE BUT HIS NAME AND MEMORY WILLL ALWAYS LIVE ON AND JUSTICE WILL BE GOT FOR HIM AND HOPE U DONT FUCKIN LIKE IT
Everyone does make mistakes, not everyone makes mistakes like he did, or to THAT degree of worthlessness. I dont need your pathetic excuses of prison and counseling BS. There is a person who is a counselor who is a convicted murderer on the outs in a different state helping others. What was your uncle's excuse, but I dont want to read any BS, I dont care. Noone is making your uncle out to what he isnt because he showed was he was and that is why he is dead. EXACTLY, just because your uncle was on the wrong path doesnt mean he couldn't change, HE CHOOSE NOT TO CHANGE...that is why he is dead. Your uncle should not have ran AFTER shooting at the cops in Roswell huh? Why cant you figure it out that if he was at home, kicking back, doing something that was positive, instead of RUNNING from the cops, putting people in harm's way you would still be talking to him? Justice will be got for him? Is that a threat? Are you threatening to do a cop in?
ozzy

Hobbs, NM

#6 Mar 6, 2010
Stephanie, sorry about your uncle. Some people LOVE to rub salt in deep, horrible wounds.

Location hidden

#7 Mar 6, 2010
ozzy wrote:
Stephanie, sorry about your uncle. Some people LOVE to rub salt in deep, horrible wounds.
Some people NEED to ACCEPT the truth about their loved one's behavior!!!
STEPHANIE BAKER

Clovis, NM

#8 Mar 6, 2010
UR DUMBJUSTICE WILL BE GOT FOR HIM THELEGAL WAY MY FAMILY MAY HAVE PROBLEMS BUT WE ARE PEOPLE WHO WILL HANDLE THIMGS THE LEGAL WAY UNLIKE THE COPS AND THEY TOOK HIS CHANCE TO CHANGE AWAY WHEN THEY SHOT HIM SO MANY TIMES IN IS FACE OR NO REASON OTHER THAN THEY NEW BY HAVING A BADGE THEY COULD SO DNT TRY AND TELL ME SHIT U DNT KNW
the legal way

Carlsbad, NM

#9 Mar 6, 2010
hmmm i smell a lawsuit

Location hidden

#10 Mar 6, 2010
STEPHANIE BAKER wrote:
UR DUMBJUSTICE WILL BE GOT FOR HIM THELEGAL WAY MY FAMILY MAY HAVE PROBLEMS BUT WE ARE PEOPLE WHO WILL HANDLE THIMGS THE LEGAL WAY UNLIKE THE COPS AND THEY TOOK HIS CHANCE TO CHANGE AWAY WHEN THEY SHOT HIM SO MANY TIMES IN IS FACE OR NO REASON OTHER THAN THEY NEW BY HAVING A BADGE THEY COULD SO DNT TRY AND TELL ME **** U DNT KNW
He took his OWN chance to change HIS OWN life! I guess it is OK with you if you had or do have a child who was outside and some effin dumbfuqkq drove right through your yard and TOOK a chance on killing your child or actually did kill your child, huh? He screwed up shooting at cops in Roswell BEFORE this in Carlsbad. All you are doing is reverting back to the past when he had a chance and that chance was thrown away. If there is a next life, maybe GOD will allow him to remember his own BS and NOT do it again. The DA already said the shooting was justified.

Since: Nov 09

Carlsbad, NM

#12 Mar 6, 2010
STEPHANIE BAKER wrote:
UR DUMBJUSTICE WILL BE GOT FOR HIM THELEGAL WAY MY FAMILY MAY HAVE PROBLEMS BUT WE ARE PEOPLE WHO WILL HANDLE THIMGS THE LEGAL WAY UNLIKE THE COPS AND THEY TOOK HIS CHANCE TO CHANGE AWAY WHEN THEY SHOT HIM SO MANY TIMES IN IS FACE OR NO REASON OTHER THAN THEY NEW BY HAVING A BADGE THEY COULD SO DNT TRY AND TELL ME **** U DNT KNW
The reason they shot him was he was actively threatening them with deadly force (i.e. his SUV). As much as I hate to see a life lost this outcome was the best situation as far as the only death was the person creating the problem. When you place a Police Officer in a position to choose their own life or yours bet your money on they will be the one going home. As far as the facts it is public record go get yourself a copy and then you will know the facts. The reports are spot on with my limited first hand knowledge of the situation.
tellitlikeitis

Hobbs, NM

#13 Mar 6, 2010
Kornback Rattler wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if your drug dealing uncle ever sold any laced drugs and harmed anyone.
things that make ya go hmmmmmm. Thing is, even if she knew he did, she wouldn't rat him out because he's family.
La Raza

Carlsbad, NM

#14 Mar 6, 2010
Vive' le familia!
tellitlikeitis

Hobbs, NM

#16 Mar 6, 2010
Kornback Rattler wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a "piece"..........of work alright.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oN86d0CdgHQXX
"mountain momma"
LMAO!! I like The Hillbilly Song you posted before better tho!

Location hidden

#17 Mar 6, 2010
Kornback Rattler wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if your drug dealing uncle ever sold any laced drugs and harmed anyone.
My uncle didnt sell drugs. What are you talking about?

Location hidden

#18 Mar 6, 2010
Kornback Rattler wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a "piece"..........of work alright.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oN86d0CdgHQXX
"mountain momma"
Your mountain words are back huh? Sorry, I do not have anything in common with your family, and most people don't. You can say whatever, you are still a chickenshyt, worthless, you hide behind a computer talking shyt and really, you are a nobody STILL!

Location hidden

#19 Mar 6, 2010
tellitlikeitis wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!! I like The Hillbilly Song you posted before better tho!
Hey worthless chickenshyt, what's up?

Location hidden

#20 Mar 6, 2010
tellitlikeitis wrote:
<quoted text>things that make ya go hmmmmmm. Thing is, even if she knew he did, she wouldn't rat him out because he's family.
LMAO> at you!
tellitlikeitis

Hobbs, NM

#21 Mar 6, 2010
Michelewith1l wrote:
<quoted text>
My uncle didnt sell drugs. What are you talking about?
You post so much personal bs on here that you can't even keep up with what you've posted. I remember reading a post in which you admitted to an uncle or cousin selling drugs, but the family never said anything because he "wasn't hurting anyone".

Location hidden

#22 Mar 6, 2010
tellitlikeitis wrote:
<quoted text>You post so much personal bs on here that you can't even keep up with what you've posted. I remember reading a post in which you admitted to an uncle or cousin selling drugs, but the family never said anything because he "wasn't hurting anyone".
Yes, I do know what I posted. I NEVER said my uncle sold drugs. I said my cousin sold a brand new motorcycle for a bag of weed, what a good deal huh? that is what I wrote. my uncle did not sell drugs. I know all what I write. Why shouldnt I for I do not lie. As for my cousin, I dont give a damn about him and as for my uncle he is clean and has been for years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chaves County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge drops vehicular homicide charges against ... Sat King Terror 2
News Crime Stoppers offering $1k reward for info. re... (Oct '14) Nov 28 Cathy 3
News Roswell boy, 9, recovering after dog mauling (Jun '14) Jun '14 too 1
News Gay marriage: Eddy County judges no longer offi... (Feb '14) May '14 Carlsbad Resident 435
News UPDATE:Shooting leaves one dead (Dec '09) Mar '14 Loll 117
News Dinner focuses discussion on beef production (Jan '14) Jan '14 Susan carter 1
News Cleanup efforts begin in Roswell (Sep '13) Jan '14 Susan carter 2
More from around the web