Dunkirk Meadows no more

Dunkirk Meadows no more

There are 16 comments on the Observer story from Feb 9, 2013, titled Dunkirk Meadows no more. In it, Observer reports that:

After months of no communication from the developer of the Dunkirk Meadows Housing Project, the town of Dunkirk recently received news of the project's withdrawal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Observer.

rawr

Washington, DC

#1 Feb 10, 2013
If you really want to help people in Dunkirk that are in poverty, buy them a one-way bus ticket.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2 Feb 10, 2013
yeah and no-one would be left, such a bustling metropolis you have there lol.
Meadow Lark

Fredonia, NY

#3 Feb 10, 2013
stashu gusinski wrote:
yeah and no-one would be left, such a bustling metropolis you have there lol.
You and your kind are probably what created the problem in the first place, freeloaders usually ruin what otherwise would be a nice place to live. Move if you don't like it here.
BrownState

Buffalo, NY

#4 Feb 11, 2013
Now where will the p.r.'s go after work?
rawr

Washington, DC

#5 Feb 11, 2013
BrownState wrote:
Now where will the p.r.'s go after work?
your front yard.
Want to think about getting them jobs that afford them housing?
James

Ardsley, NY

#6 Feb 11, 2013
Headline should have read, "Dunkirk no more, to be turned into meadow"

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#7 Feb 11, 2013
Meadow Lark wrote:
<quoted text>You and your kind are probably what created the problem in the first place, freeloaders usually ruin what otherwise would be a nice place to live. Move if you don't like it here.
That is the problem the good ones left,(like me) and left you with the non supporters like you.
Danny

Fredonia, NY

#8 Feb 11, 2013
My question are the proposed builders going to pay back the government monies that they received?
Boris

United States

#9 Feb 11, 2013
Meadow Lark wrote:
<quoted text>You and your kind are probably what created the problem in the first place, freeloaders usually ruin what otherwise would be a nice place to live. Move if you don't like it here.
Amen!!
Danny

Fredonia, NY

#10 Feb 11, 2013
Danny wrote:
My question are the proposed builders going to pay back the government monies that they received?
Regan Development received $3,543,491 for the project from the Western New York Regional Economic Development Council through the New York State Homes and Community Renewal.

It received $3,143,491 in funding from the Low-Income Housing Credit Program and $240,000 from the Low-Income Housing Trust Fund.

http://www.observertoday.com/page/content.det...
John

Ardsley, NY

#11 Feb 12, 2013
Danny wrote:
My question are the proposed builders going to pay back the government monies that they received?
The funds were in the form of tax credits, which are not released until project is complete.

These credits will go back to housing trust fund to be used on a similar project somewhere else in the state.

So this money, which is our tax dollars will be used for these housing purposes no matter what. Instead of using our tax dollars to build middle income housing here, our tax dollars will be used to build middle income housing in another community.

Thanks Town of Dunkirk for pissing away our taxes we pay. It is really appreciated.
Tom

Fredonia, NY

#12 Feb 12, 2013
We don't need yet another magnet to attract more low income people,we do need to attract business development so that people can get out of that housing.
Jeff

Buffalo, NY

#13 Feb 13, 2013
Tom wrote:
We don't need yet another magnet to attract more low income people,we do need to attract business development so that people can get out of that housing.
Business development is not coming to upstate ny and it is definitely not coming to Chautauqua County. Get over it. Its not even close to attractive to come and start a business here and anyone worth a damn moved away, so we are left with worthless people, none of which will ever run a successful business. We are destined to become a state forest.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#14 Feb 13, 2013
also Jeff anyone worth a damn got old and are on a fixed income , unable to repair their house. some good folks got stuck there because they were not smart enough to get out and now they cannot get squat for their house. I wasn't thrilled at the price I got for mine but it was the smart thing to do , the money I saved in taxes alone made up for it.
Meadow Lark

Fredonia, NY

#15 Feb 13, 2013
stashu gusinski wrote:
also Jeff anyone worth a damn got old and are on a fixed income , unable to repair their house. some good folks got stuck there because they were not smart enough to get out and now they cannot get squat for their house. I wasn't thrilled at the price I got for mine but it was the smart thing to do , the money I saved in taxes alone made up for it.
you are so full of dung its sickening. You posted that you want people to pay more taxes,doesn't that make you a hypocrite or at least a liar. Why not pay your fair share.
Jay

Buffalo, NY

#16 Feb 13, 2013
I know its probly not the best use of money but at least it would have been something. Beggers cant be choosers. Maybe some of the many slumlords would have to fix up there properties to compete.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chautauqua County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seven Sins Brewery To Hold Grand Opening Jul 20 had enough 1
News City seeks diversity in hiring Jul 17 Realist 5
News Woman assaulted twice; Ripley man arrested (Aug '09) Jun '16 Notfromripleythan... 4
Family Court Refuses Petitions Jun '16 AN0NYM0US NYC 2
News Trust Is A Lifesaver (Jan '16) May '16 Lynn 3
News Ag Literacy Week A Success In Chautauqua County Apr '16 Sheri Lynn 1
pancakes in sherman (Jul '08) Mar '16 David 4
More from around the web