Westfield man killed from gunshot

By JOHN WHITTAKER Special to the OBSERVER WESTFIELD a ' A Westfield man was killed overnight from an apparent gunshot wound.

Full Story
First Prev
of 38
Next Last
Godric

Barberton, OH

#1 Nov 16, 2009
He deserved it. he abused the kid of the guy that shot him. I would do the same
maddog

Sherman, NY

#2 Nov 16, 2009
mike boozell
Skippy

Hydetown, PA

#3 Nov 16, 2009
From what I have been told. they have no suspects in custody but that mike was with him when he was shot and suppposedly dropped the gun that shot johnathan And from What I hear mike is at jones hill. thats all the info im aware of. at the moment.
WillOw

Springville, NY

#4 Nov 17, 2009
first off he did not desrve to die....mike shot him bottom line they are investatgating it because he lied more then once...and jonathan never abused that kid the kid was a abuser lets get it straight. and he is in lakeshore hospital not jones hill. not sure who any of you people are but get facts straight... i am jonathan sister and this is not right that he was killed like this..all jonathan ever did in his life was protect everyone around that is why he was always in some kind of trouble every fight he got into was to protect one of his supposed friends. this loss is really terrible on our family and my 13 yr old is extremly close to him and he does not need to hear negatvies about the man he loved when he is gone...
different

Delevan, NY

#5 Nov 17, 2009
willow, he did not deserve to die, you will hear all kinds of shit for the next couple of months.I did when my son died. You know the truth and you need to explain to your son that there are people that do not know anything and that he knows his uncle and can remember him that way and to not listen to the stupid people who know nothing. I personaly did not know your brother but I do know life is short and you will remember him always, it wont be easy but you carry him in your heart.
sam

Arcade, NY

#6 Nov 17, 2009
who is mike boozell?
the judge

Sherman, NY

#7 Nov 18, 2009
mike boozell is maryed to roseann sheve is the sister to maryjane sheve who is the mother of the man that was shot
noneya

Arcade, NY

#8 Nov 19, 2009
wow people are stupid how can anyone say anyone deserves to die
laydyone

Oakdale, CT

#9 Nov 20, 2009
the judge,um no mike is not married to roseann shreve get it straight,he is the nephew of rose and will........sister joan
WillOw

Springville, NY

#10 Nov 20, 2009
different wrote:
willow, he did not deserve to die, you will hear all kinds of shit for the next couple of months.I did when my son died. You know the truth and you need to explain to your son that there are people that do not know anything and that he knows his uncle and can remember him that way and to not listen to the stupid people who know nothing. I personaly did not know your brother but I do know life is short and you will remember him always, it wont be easy but you carry him in your heart.
thank you so much for what you said....this is hard enough for us to take in. I know people will talk that is how life is, but they should really think before they type it. Sorry that you lost your son, i feel your pain. Jonathan was like my son in some way i was always looking after and always trying to tell him the life he lived was not the healthy way to live.. all i can do now is be his voice for his baby that is coming in march that we will never get to meet.
WillOw

Springville, NY

#11 Nov 20, 2009
the judge wrote:
mike boozell is maryed to roseann sheve is the sister to maryjane sheve who is the mother of the man that was shot
no your wrong mike boozel is the son of rex boozel who is the brother of will boozel who is married to roseann ...and rose is my mother sister which is maryjane...who apparently was jonathan good freind go figure....the sad thing here is if mike would not of lied and said it was a drive by my brother would not have laid on that ground for 30 min bleeding to death..due to the story mike gave to 911 the police had to secure the area to make sure the shooter was gone ...if he would of told the truth from the getgo my brother may have been able to be saved...
WillOw

Springville, NY

#12 Nov 20, 2009
laydyone wrote:
the judge,um no mike is not married to roseann shreve get it straight,he is the nephew of rose and will........sister joan
thanks aunt joan....R.I.P. JONATHAN DANIEL CALVEY 11/14/09
WillOw

Springville, NY

#13 Nov 21, 2009
Godric wrote:
He deserved it. he abused the kid of the guy that shot him. I would do the same
how the hell do you get off saying that he abused michael boozel he never abused him...you are a sick bastard.....you know nothing at all. you really should think before you type anything...you knew them personally? if you did you would've known that michael had been sick in the head since he was a little kid...and should of got help when he was like 9 yrs old for what he did to a 3 yr old little boy so your the sick f****r not jonathan
okay

Delevan, NY

#14 Nov 23, 2009
Hey willow, these comments are never going to go away. im so sorry about Johnathan. I was shocked to hear this and it discusses me that the guy who was suppose to be his friend let him lay there.I don't know what coming of this town. The people who knew john know that he wasn't an abuser. Its hard loosing a brother i lost mine a year ago and it never gets easier, i think we just learn to deal with it and we will never know why things happen to the ones we love so young, but keep in mind he will always watch over you and you guys will one day meet again. As for those people who talk shit get a life and let the family grieve.
WillOw

Springville, NY

#15 Nov 24, 2009
Thank You "okay" i know the comments will always come. And yes, Jonathan was a good person in more ways then none, no matter what people say i know him better...Sorry to hear about your loss this is hard to deal with. I know it will soon get easier i only hope and pray. I know once justice is served i will feel a little less stress for Jonathan sake and my mothers who had to bury her baby...and he was her baby even at 25...the people that run their mouth have no life that is why they talk shit. I always told Jonathan that the people he claimed were his friends were not..at least most of them at least and mike was top of that list... he is one sick person who deserves to rot in jail i just hope that we get that justice one day!!!!!
peace

Westfield, NY

#16 Nov 30, 2009
"willow" what do you mean a three yr old boy i never knew about that
troll

Westfield, NY

#17 Dec 1, 2009
"willow" u know ur a two faced right! u were cool with mikes family now you r talking crap bout mike that aint true thats not right!
troll

Westfield, NY

#18 Dec 1, 2009
i heard jon got kicked outa his neices house andf thats how he ended up in westfeield in the first place mabe things wouldnt have ended up they way they did if he wasnt kicked out.

“what happen to u jonathan!”

Since: Nov 09

United States

#19 Dec 1, 2009
not sure who u r troll but jon was not kicked out,he and his sister were having issues ,yes but jon chose to be on pearl st,even when he was living with his cousin not niece,he was never there ,always somewhere else...so before u get to making false statements u should at least find out what happen......but no matter what the reason he was there,this should have not happen,someone with no experiance with guns should not have been messing with one.it saddens me that my nephew is no longer with us will miss him dearly,but we all have to be held accountable for the choices that we make including the person who shot him.......aunty...11.14.09

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#20 Dec 1, 2009
troll wrote:
i heard jon got kicked outa his neices house andf thats how he ended up in westfeield in the first place mabe things wouldnt have ended up they way they did if he wasnt kicked out.
first of all jon didnt get kicked out of his neices home,lol get ur facts stright.second of all jon didnt abuse mike boozel,mike has been touch long before my son came into his life,his mother never got the help he needed as a child.maybe if he did my son would be alive today.mike is living a life in another county isnt that just ducky,he was aloud to go to lakeshore to get the drugs that he paid for on the street,and live with another that he met in lakeshore,so mike is lving his lifenot a care in the world.no remorse what so ever.how is that for a story wanna knw more just ask me.calveymj@hotmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 38
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chautauqua County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FBI Investigating Former Police Officer (Mar '08) Fri fact 61
could it be yolanda bindics or lori bova? (Sep '06) Jan 23 Buffalo Bill 366
power outage in sinclairville Jan 18 lyte 1
Three motorcyclists identified in fatal accident Jan 14 ScottC 3
Start-Up NY Moves Forward In County Jan 4 Bhorj 9
Double Murder in Dunkirk (Nov '06) Dec '14 Really 274
Cops: Man arrested after pulling knife on trooper Dec '14 omg 8
More from around the web