Silver Creek board rubber stamps sher...

Silver Creek board rubber stamps sheriff's coverage

There are 8 comments on the Observer story from Jun 17, 2013, titled Silver Creek board rubber stamps sheriff's coverage. In it, Observer reports that:

Despite many residents' protests, the Silver Creek Village Board authorized the mayor to sign an agreement Monday night with the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Observer.

Dunkirk, NY

#1 Jun 18, 2013
None of this makes sense, Too much shady stuff going on with the New Mayor and the Board. And why is the Mayors daughter getting her friends to bully and harrass people on facebook on the Silver Creek and Beyond Group. Picking on a 78 year old woman? Seriously? People should have had the right to vote and should not be harrassed because they have a difference of opinion. This town is just sad.

Fredonia, NY

#2 Jun 19, 2013
The Silver Creek Police were the biggest joke in the County, lack of any credible leadership at all, the Village will be much better protected now! The Sheriff car assigned to the Village has to take lunch breaks IN the Village, not on 5&20. Now there are qualified criminal investigators available to take over investigating crimes, leaving the patrolman to go back on patrol. You have the experience and resources of a much larger department now!

Buffalo, NY

#3 Jun 19, 2013
This new mayor and his board finally have the cajunies to make things happen. The ex chief thought he could control the board and do whatever he thought. I for one am glad that this change has occurred. It's too bad there's accusations of bullying and harassing going on with facebook, but they will always happen when people don't agree. If you don't ever have a need for the police, you will never see the difference. But I can honestly say, the village is better off with contracting with the Sheriff and having the SCPD dissolved and Chief Roche retired.

Fredonia, NY

#4 Jun 22, 2013
Get this Narroway was offered a full time job with the Sheriff, complete with a pay raise and he TURNED IT DOWN! That is the second time that the Sheriff had offered him a full time job! WOW what an idiot! He has a new baby also and turned down a full time job with insurance and benefits and he would have been patrolling Silver Creek!

Buffalo, NY

#6 Jun 22, 2013
Yes Narroway is not very smart. He will regret his decision in 6 months when his unemployment runs out. Guess he should have stop listening to Roach

Rahway, NJ

#8 Dec 9, 2013
Why was a helicopter flying so low on 12/08/13 Sunday afternoon around 3:15?
It was very close to Tew Street, Route 5, Buffalo Street.

Dunkirk, NY

#9 Dec 9, 2013
Federal government looking into your house was why the helicopter was there. Welcome to the U.S.S.R. Revolution is coming.

Buffalo, NY

#10 Jun 14, 2014
I find it absolutely ridiculous that SCPD was dissolved. Sheriff Gerace is a liar - he claimed that SC would receive the services of the Forensics Identification Team and the Southern Tier Regional Drug Task Force if they signed the contract with the Sheriff's Department. Silver Creek already had access of the FIT team and the Southern Tier Regional Drug Task Force because it is a village in Chautauqua County. There was even an SCPD officer on the FIT team!

Having a village police department was better for Silver Creek, anyway. The officers knew village-specific laws and the village code much better than the deputies that are in Silver Creek now. SCPD had at least two cars (maybe three, I don't remember off the top of my head), while the Sheriff's Department only has one car in the village. What if that deputy was killed? There wouldn't be a single LEO in the village unless the deputy assigned to Hanover (who I frequently see in the village anyhow) rushed into the village, as they surely would and should. However, this would leave Hanover with no LEOs, besides the state troopers on Route 5 and 20 that would be on the highway, not out on back roads as a Sheriff's deputy would be.

There are too many flaws with replacing SCPD with the Sheriff's Department. I have no personal issues with any of the deputies, it's just that I feel a whole lot safer with a village police department.

Sorry the comment is so long, but I had to get this out. If you read this far, thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chautauqua County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Costly decision Oct 11 Auqafina 2
News Horrigan determined to make Jamestown airport v... Oct 3 one moron at a time 13
News Brocton Woman Charged With Abandoning Now-Decea... Oct 3 Jim 10
News Police: Man Had Kids In Car On Way To School Sep '16 Joe blow from idaho 22
News Cassadaga Man Charged With DWI After Driving Ac... Sep '16 Smh33 1
News Fredonia School scraps SRO offer, village says Sep '16 preserver 1
News Adding jobs, enthusiasm Sep '16 ResidentOfDunkirk 3
More from around the web