Ron Johnson blindly making promises t...

Ron Johnson blindly making promises to county.

Posted in the Chautauqua County Forum

David M

Hudson, OH

#1 Jul 19, 2013
In an interview with WFRA-LP he said: "I believe that the home can run at a surplus – I haven’t specifically looked at those numbers, but that’s what I do and I believe we can fix that situation. So whether or not we sell it or keep it down the road, we need to at least turn it around.”
To me he just seems like a politician making promises he can't keep. He says he'll fulfill huge task without ever having taken the numbers into consideration, like a contractor who quotes a job without ever evaluating the cost and then charges you twice as much.
Anyways, what does the rest of Chautauqua county think? Personally I'd like to see it sold -- but anyone running for County Executive promising to sell OR keep the home, and then admits to never having considered the numbers or costs is just turning the issue into a dichotomy (making it black and white, farming for votes by blindly appealing to people on one side of the issue or the other).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chautauqua County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chautauqua County man charged with burglary, un... Nov 7 kenny 1
News K-9 Unit Discovers Packaged Drugs During Traffi... Oct 23 bill 1
give it a rest (Sep '06) Oct 23 Remember 155
News Committee asks Sheriff's Office to cut $500,000 Oct '17 john bentley 1
News Clymer Resident Charged After Alleged Relations... Oct '17 victor rivera 1
Pagans Aug '17 Uracoward 2
What a joke. Aug '17 Uracoward 1
More from around the web