Chattooga sheriff denied immunity in ...

Chattooga sheriff denied immunity in lawsuit

There are 19 comments on the Rome News story from Jul 6, 2012, titled Chattooga sheriff denied immunity in lawsuit. In it, Rome News reports that:

A federal appeals court has dismissed an appeal from Chattooga County Sheriff John Everett asking for qualified and official immunity in a lawsuit filed against him by two Summerville residents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rome News.

9wood

Maryville, TN

#1 Jul 8, 2012
don,t do the crime if you cant do the time.
Health man

Summerville, GA

#2 Jul 9, 2012
Some times when you are the law you think you are above the law.
Milo

Summerville, GA

#3 Jul 9, 2012
Sometimes when you are a judge or lawyer you run rampant like a wild indian.
9wood

Maryville, TN

#4 Jul 9, 2012
there is no Immunity for the crimes the S/0 has done, most face time for these crimes and because you are a Sheriff or dep the punishment should be worse...a Crime aganst the USA.
9wood

Maryville, TN

#5 Jul 9, 2012
Above the law? no i fought fot these rights that have been broken by the S/0 and dep do good, going to file other claims on behalf of others whose rihgts were broken
JustSayNo2Corrup tion

Chattanooga, TN

#7 Jul 12, 2012
Wow, after the comments by Inv. After reading the article about this case, all I can say is, next time I travel through Chatooga county, If I run a stop sign or red light and see blue lights behind me, I'll just tell the officer in the words your Inv. Dodd, it was just a misake, unintentional so that must mean it's not against the law right??
That sheriff and Inv. should resign. Oh but wait, justice is now spelled JustUs. Seems like something is corrupt in Chatooga County!
9wood

Maryville, TN

#8 Jul 12, 2012
john and kandy when is the wedding? "lovers'but thats not policy so stepdown first
TimeChange

Maryville, TN

#9 Jul 12, 2012
JustSayNo2Corruption wrote:
Wow, after the comments by Inv. After reading the article about this case, all I can say is, next time I travel through Chatooga county, If I run a stop sign or red light and see blue lights behind me, I'll just tell the officer in the words your Inv. Dodd, it was just a misake, unintentional so that must mean it's not against the law right??
That sheriff and Inv. should resign. Oh but wait, justice is now spelled JustUs. Seems like something is corrupt in Chatooga County!
Corruption has been synonymous with Chattooga County for the last 60 years. Long before John was born. If you want to clean up this place, start with judges and lawyers.
Health man

Trion, GA

#10 Jul 12, 2012
You hit the nail on the head,a lot of co's have problems because of corrupt judges& lawyers
BIG JOHN

Chatsworth, GA

#12 Oct 17, 2012
HE TALKED
friend

Dalton, GA

#13 Oct 17, 2012
9wood go to he**** get alife and stay out of peoples business shi** stirer.. u need to quit having affairs before your wife finds out...
YOU DUMBASS

Chatsworth, GA

#14 Oct 17, 2012
friend wrote:
9wood go to he**** get alife and stay out of peoples business shi** stirer.. u need to quit having affairs before your wife finds out...
YOUR NOT 2 BRIGHT.
friend

Dalton, GA

#15 Oct 17, 2012
you dumbass, you are not to bright either!!!
update

Dalton, GA

#16 Oct 18, 2012
friend wrote:
you dumbass, you are not to bright either!!!
you dont come close to being bright.
Bud

Dalton, GA

#17 Oct 20, 2012
Jesus loves you all!
you right

Dalton, GA

#18 Oct 22, 2012
Bud wrote:
Jesus loves you all!
amen
bulleye

Dalton, GA

#19 Oct 22, 2012
Bud wrote:
Jesus loves you all!
even john and bulleye are forgiven for there sins.
Sheriff office

Chatsworth, GA

#20 Nov 1, 2012
Ithink Mark Gordon should buy the sheriff office and turn it into a hog farm.he should buy Kandy office and turn it into a pig farm.
OR HE COULD

Morristown, TN

#21 Nov 2, 2012
Sheriff office wrote:
Ithink Mark Gordon should buy the sheriff office and turn it into a hog farm.he should buy Kandy office and turn it into a pig farm.
He could just go by the election booth and vote for Mark Schrader. Sounds like a plan to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chattooga County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get rid of Jason, Keep our flag flying! Jun 26 Country Boy 1
News Georgia residents sentenced for their involveme... Jun 5 Chattoogan 1
News Finster Fest 2015 in Summerville, GA Jun '15 Promising future 2
News Summerville city manager won't discipline polic... (Oct '13) May '15 Citizen 10
News Teen drowns in Chattooga River (May '08) Dec '14 TONY RAY ELLER 15
RFID badges in Chattooga county (or any area of... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Charles 1
News Chattooga teacher faces new charges (Jan '11) May '14 Watcher 5
More from around the web