How Race Has Changed In Chatham County

How Race Has Changed In Chatham County

There are 3 comments on the NBC 17 story from Feb 13, 2008, titled How Race Has Changed In Chatham County. In it, NBC 17 reports that:

“Yes, color comes into it today. I think that will always be there. But I think people are looking at who people really are and what they have to offer”

There was a time when Norma Boone would not have been welcome at Johnson's Burger Joint. via NBC 17

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 17.

DON HARRINGTON

United States

#1 Feb 24, 2008
I USE TO VISIT SILER CITY SOME YEARS AGO WITH MY WIFE. IT'S GOOD TO KNOW SILER CITY IS CHANGEING WITH THE TIMES. I WAS MARRIED TO NORMA'S CUSIN, CYNTHIA, NOW DECEASED. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SILER CITY, HELLO TO ALL!
better burger

Kirkland, WA

#2 Jan 15, 2009
Boycott johnsons,racist,classist restaurant..Go to chris's,get the rollie burger.I promise they welcome everybody.
obvious

Kirkland, WA

#3 Feb 9, 2009
I remember the funny looks from the johnson when I went as a poor ,little white kid decades ago.Some things stick with you for life.Screw that place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatham County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Young Chapel Hill Man Dies In Car Wreck 2010-07... (Jul '10) Jan '17 jacobmote 7
need deer processer (Dec '13) Dec '13 craig wall 1
Water bill (Aug '13) Oct '13 Juanita 2
News Woman charged with stalking Clay Aiken (Apr '13) Apr '13 Green 1
Johnathan R Hart (May '12) May '12 Steve 1
News Rooting for the anchor (Feb '12) Feb '12 Rick Burnett 1
News CH Man May Be Serial Burglar 2011-01-01 14:45:0... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Steven 1
More from around the web