Two Execution Dates Set by Georgia

Two Execution Dates Set by Georgia

There are 10 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Oct 4, 2007, titled Two Execution Dates Set by Georgia. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

State officials Thursday scheduled executions later this month for two convicted killers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

b boo

United States

#1 Oct 4, 2007
We've been paying 17 years for one killer and 33 for another. Not to mention all of the extra fees for the appeals. How can we get a better system of punishment to control this?
tonyia

Marietta, GA

#2 Oct 4, 2007
i think that something needs to be done
with this death pently there is no reason why someone should sit on death row for 20 or 30 years to die. and the deal with an injection, give me a break did the victims
die that easy and fast. our heads are not in the right place. one appeal is enough
really they should not even get that.
look at the money we spend feeding him and keeping a roof over their heads
no one the crimes are getting worst

start thinking
b boo

United States

#4 Oct 4, 2007
Ava de Montagne wrote:
What benefit is there for Georgia in killing these two old men who have sat, together, half a century in Georgia's prisons?
Parole is a civilized and god fearing way to save on medical costs of elderly prisoners.
ARe you insane or do you just not pay taxes? Maybe you're a criminal yourself and that is why you feel they deserve our money and sympathy? Please don't vote in this year's election if you are here legally.
trish

Atlanta, GA

#5 Oct 4, 2007
b boo wrote:
We've been paying 17 years for one killer and 33 for another. Not to mention all of the extra fees for the appeals. How can we get a better system of punishment to control this?
It urks me to no end that criminals are living off of my tax dollars. The system should be more efficient and fair. The only problem I have is that the system does not always provide justice. Too many people are sent to jail who are later proved innocent. What is one of them got the death penalty?
citizen x

Buford, GA

#6 Oct 4, 2007
Ava de Montagne wrote:
What benefit is there for Georgia in killing these two old men who have sat, together, half a century in Georgia's prisons?
Parole is a civilized and god fearing way to save on medical costs of elderly prisoners.
Great idea Ava! Maybe if we just release these 2 guys they will good boys and not kill anymore or maybe they will go to your house and kill you or your family. Wake up you MORON!!!!!!!!!!
RonnieG

United States

#8 Oct 11, 2007
I reside in Cocoa, FL and happen to be first cousin to one of the death row inmates. I cannot sit and judge either of them for the crimes they have committed. I realize that man should be punished for his or her deeds-but one must put himself in ones shoes to understand these circumstances. Today it is these two, tomorrow it could be your day or someone you know and love. God be with them and all the others who are facing similar situations...
Luek

Sargent, GA

#9 Oct 11, 2007
Murders (those who are truly proven to be guilty and convicted) are the scum of the earth and deserve to die. But the death penalty is a danger to all people. It implies the state can play god and kill just like the criminals. And of course innocent people have been executed in the past but we can't convict the state of those murders can we? Just look at all of the innocent men who have spent decades in prison for sex crimes and have been proven innocent by DNA testing. Yes, the system does make mistakes and it is not the rare exception. We will come out ahead and be safer if the damned death penalty was abolished.
nan

Macon, GA

#10 Oct 13, 2007
i'll be happy when brian nichols named is added ,, in fact he should be at the top of the list
nicole bruce

Conyers, GA

#11 Oct 22, 2007
THEY TOOK LIVES SO LET SOMEONE TAKE THEIR'S.
THE PEOPLE THAT WERE MURDERED HAD NO CHOICE, SO WHY SHOULD THEY HAVE A CHOICE.
SORRY TO SAY THIS, BUT IF SOMEONE WERE TO HURT SOMEONE THAT I LOVE, THEN THEY WOULD NOT EVEN HAVE A CHANCE TO GO TO COURT.
Savannah

Griffin, GA

#12 Oct 22, 2007
These guys need to be put to death. I used to work at this place and believe me, they find every loop hole they can find to get out of their execution. They do not know exactly when it will happen but most get that feeling or something. The general public would be surprised at how many times they file different motions to stop these things. Can't even execute an inmate when they are sick or feeling ill in anyway. Easy way to get a little more time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatham County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carolinas, Georgia declare emergencies ahead of... Sep 8 CodeTalker 4
News Suit certified as class action (Mar '08) Aug '17 RealAttorney 13
News Miss Sophie: These vegetables need only a simpl... Aug '17 TivoliTrailRoad 1
Help Savannah be healthier and happier! (Mar '17) Mar '17 Canyon Ranch Inst... 1
News Tybee Island pier still closed after Hurricane ... (Feb '17) Feb '17 beachbear 1
News United Against Separation of Families forms in ... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Uncle 1
News Grief over girl's shooting (Sep '07) Jan '17 mAZZY 11
More from around the web