Thunderbolt nursing assistant charged...

Thunderbolt nursing assistant charged with ID theft, elder abuse

There are 1 comment on the SavannahNow.com story from Jan 12, 2009, titled Thunderbolt nursing assistant charged with ID theft, elder abuse. In it, SavannahNow.com reports that:

A former employee at Tara Nursing Home in Thunderbolt has been arrested on charges she used patients' credit cards and personal information to purchase electronics.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SavannahNow.com.

Concerned Citizen

Eddyville, KY

#1 Jan 13, 2009
I'm employed at a nursing home and I have a relative of mine living in a nursing home...
I find a need to respond to this post.
Yes this Nursing Assisant should be charged accordinally but my question is this... how did she get the residents credit cards and personal information?
I thought that kind of material was locked up in a secure place.
Could Kay Bell Arnold the Nursing Home Administrator during most of this time period
(July 2007 until January 2008) be involved with this somehow?
After all she was the Adminstrator and she did lie to State Officials about her job title and name during the investigation and death of Mr. Walter Heath.
And two months after the death of this resident she mysteriously disappeared.
Seems to me that maybe she should be investigated as well.
I'ts really sad that people would treat helpless elderly people this way.
And it gives "Nursing Homes" a bad name when there are alot of HONEST AND CARING employees that work in them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chatham County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coast Guard, Tybee Fire rescue sailboat pilot Nov 24 fsrutherford 1
News Carolinas, Georgia declare emergencies ahead of... Sep '17 CodeTalker 4
News Suit certified as class action (Mar '08) Aug '17 RealAttorney 13
News Miss Sophie: These vegetables need only a simpl... Aug '17 TivoliTrailRoad 1
Help Savannah be healthier and happier! (Mar '17) Mar '17 Canyon Ranch Inst... 1
News Tybee Island pier still closed after Hurricane ... (Feb '17) Feb '17 beachbear 1
News United Against Separation of Families forms in ... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Uncle 1
More from around the web