10-year-old bicyclist critically inju...

10-year-old bicyclist critically injured in Charlotte

There are 15 comments on the HeraldTribune.com story from Sep 11, 2011, titled 10-year-old bicyclist critically injured in Charlotte. In it, HeraldTribune.com reports that:

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, Kelcy M. Frame of Port Charlotte was riding her bicycle down a residential driveway in the 3200 block of Swanee Road around 6:30 p.m. when she entered the path of a 2003 GMC Envoy driven by 26-year-old Lee Miller of Arcadia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HeraldTribune.com.

robert frame

United States

#1 Sep 12, 2011
Had Mr Miller been doing the posted speed limit this terrible accident could have been avoided
pppkkk

Bonita Springs, FL

#2 Sep 12, 2011
He probably has many violations if he speeds everywhere!!!!!!!!!!
tanya yount

White Lake, MI

#3 Sep 12, 2011
robert frame wrote:
Had Mr Miller been doing the posted speed limit this terrible accident could have been avoided
Totally agreed but I still believe that what was reported is not what really happened JR
Corey Holt

North Fort Myers, FL

#4 Sep 12, 2011
Its some bull s***! Its obviously residential area where children constantly play... Im outraged that nothing is being done about this incident kelcy is a good girl and I personally know her and she is alert and aware of her surroundings. They can say whatever they want happened but I know thats not what happened but I guess thats what happens when you give idiots a license! Stop worrying about 1000 I.D'S and how about you get some new eye exams
christina

United States

#7 Oct 8, 2011
Wow . Have you ever stopped to think that he has to live with this everyday . I have known lee for years . He is a good driver . He has picked and dropped my kids up and to school for me for the past two years. We are very sorry that your lil girl and family has to go through what you are going through . It was a accident and you have no right to blame anyone and say the things you are . Sorry for what has happen and wish this accident never happen ..
christina

United States

#8 Oct 8, 2011
The speed limit was 35 mph and lee was only going 31mph . 31 comes before 35 that is not speeding. The FHP has been called liers and how do you even get off say that about them.. god bless .
kathy frame

Cape Coral, FL

#9 Feb 28, 2012
Lee was not going the speed limt infact he was going 10 miles reportedly over the speed limt and was not ticketed for this nor did he have any insurance and and was not ticketed for that.Now my childs life has changed and he is still driving with no repercutions. and also he has never once checked on her or anything for that matter so do you really know him and i hope he dose have to live with this for the rest of his life because Kelcy will.
Robert Frame jr

Prairie Village, KS

#10 Feb 28, 2012
it is documented in the accident report that he was speeding and that he came slowly to a stop which is impossible due to Kelcys facial and body road rash injuries he flat out slammed on his brakes and she rolled extremely hard of the hood of the vehicle and as far as mr miller living with this for the rest of his life maybe he does as well as he should Kelcy is living with this every day of
her beautiful life everytime she's asked not to do something due to her injuries grow up people take
care of your responsibilities you allowed someone to drive your vehicle (without insurance)they had an accident and nothing can be done to hold either party involved accountable Florida laws just frankly put SUCK !!!!!!
dave c

United States

#11 Apr 26, 2012
I have to go w chrstina on this. You people r commenting on something and some1 u don't even know. If y'all knew ne thing about lee u would know that he is a good driver and has great vision and is always. Paying attention to what's around him. If it wasn't for his quick reactions the girl would b a lot worse off if not dead. Lee and I were best friends at 1 time, over time some things. I guess I can't even consider him a friend, but still would have his back for some reason, even when he wouldn't have mine. But ne ways y'all leave him alone
kelcy frame

Port Charlotte, FL

#12 Sep 20, 2012
listen im the girl that got run over and my family is right and he was going 55mph so 55 comes after 35 and oblibvisy he wasnt paying attion because if he was i wouldent have 4 scerws in my neck.
lhm

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Dec 10, 2012
girl im sorry for what happen i really am but how do yall get that i was running 55 when fhp & ccso both did field test n both came back at 32 mph n if i would not have been paying attention u would have hit the center of the envoy instead of the front corner of it like i said i am truly sorry n glad that u r alive cause if i would have been goin that fast u probaly wouldnt be around to reply to this one
Lgf

Cape Coral, FL

#14 Aug 5, 2013
lhm wrote:
girl im sorry for what happen i really am but how do yall get that i was running 55 when fhp & ccso both did field test n both came back at 32 mph n if i would not have been paying attention u would have hit the center of the envoy instead of the front corner of it like i said i am truly sorry n glad that u r alive cause if i would have been goin that fast u probaly wouldnt be around to reply to this one
I agree with you mr miller i feel bad for the girl but she should have been wearing a helmet and she should have been paying attention
Kelcy frame

Port Charlotte, FL

#15 Aug 11, 2013
Lgf wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you mr miller i feel bad for the girl but she should have been wearing a helmet and she should have been paying attention
I was wearin a helmet and he came out of the woods so thanks
Amy

Buffalo, NY

#16 Aug 13, 2013
robert frame wrote:
Isn't that always the case, so sad,
Kelcy frame

Port Charlotte, FL

#17 May 23, 2016
lhm wrote:
You need to live with this shit for the rest of your life. If it wasn't for you I'd more than likely be either training for worlds in cheerleading or the Olympics for t&t. You didn't mess up my body you messed up my career.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man gets 24 years in murder plea, will testify ... (Feb '08) Apr '16 zell 24
News Men involved in road rage shooting in Punta Gorda Jan '16 GMUZ 1
News Boat capsizes with 6 aboard in Charlotte County (Aug '15) Aug '15 EricA 1
News Storms bring light damage in Charlotte County (Apr '15) Apr '15 kris7 1
Breaking News (Apr '15) Apr '15 kris7 1
News Punta Gorda LE Ride (Mar '15) Mar '15 Francine 1
News Tax Payers Upset Over Penny Tax in Charlotte Co... (May '14) Nov '14 MelT 14
More from around the web