8/28 - LexaMar Announces Nearly 100 Permanent Layoffs in Charlevoix County

Aug 29, 2008 Full story: WWUP-TV Cadillac

The auto-parts manufacturer LexaMar announced nearly 100 permanent layoffs, effective immediately.

Full Story
deborah

Lake Odessa, MI

#1 Sep 5, 2008
this is not a fair place to work. layoffs were not done by senourty. I bought a car 1 day before the layoff and even talked to my boss about buying a car and he did not even tell me there was going to be a layoff. now I am permally lay off and have to pay for a new car.
Tier one supplier

Peoria, IL

#2 Sep 11, 2008
Most of the people did have alot of years service and now out of job too. Most of all Assembly supervisors/managers/operators had average over 12+ years. Based on taking care of the people who had years of service is the basic first step on closing the doors. Take care of your people until there is no money to be handed out. Too bad it took two years in the making. Too many layers will always catch up to the budget/profits.
deborah wrote:
this is not a fair place to work. layoffs were not done by senourty. I bought a car 1 day before the layoff and even talked to my boss about buying a car and he did not even tell me there was going to be a layoff. now I am permally lay off and have to pay for a new car.
LexaMarian

Petoskey, MI

#3 Sep 24, 2008
It sounds like you know something we dont being a worker here at LexaMar...could you please verify?

As a footnote it sure does seem like Magna is getting prepared to close us down.
Tier one supplier wrote:
Based on taking care of the people who had years of service is the basic first step on closing the doors. Take care of your people until there is no money to be handed out. Too bad it took two years in the making. <quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlevoix County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Satanic Child Sex Abuse Investigation (Mar '06) Mar '13 surviving the game 15
Charlevoix County Commissioners buy themselves ... (May '11) May '11 Judge54 1
moble home at a low price (Feb '10) Feb '10 james 2
Michigan identifies 4 regions with wind potential (Oct '09) Oct '09 Foroneworld USAgl... 1
Taken too soon: Family, friends remember Daniel... (Oct '08) Aug '09 Katelyn 7
Life after 9/11: First responders, 'We're bette... (Feb '09) Feb '09 sexyboy 5
11/17 - Man Charged In Charlevoix County Accide... (Nov '08) Dec '08 Terra 4

Charlevoix County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE