West Ashley teacher accused of rape dies in crash

Dec 28, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Post and Courier

“During this difficult time, we send our deepest condolences to Mr. Knight's friends and family, and pledge our full support for any CCSD students or staff affected by his death.”

A West Ashley High School teacher charged last week with raping a woman drove his vehicle into a tree and died Thursday morning in rural Florence County, authorities said. via Post and Courier

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Audriana

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2007

This is a sad situation that has happen to Mr. Knight.I am not saying that the things he has been accused of is right by any means. But this guy has had a tough childhood, his mother was raped and killed by a rapist and murderer here in Charleston, who had done this to lots of women here. Mr.Knight and his brother discovered their mother dead when they awoke the next morning. I didn't know Mr. Knight personally but he did teach at the school I attend, but my prayers go out to his family. Looking at the news when this story came out about his tragic death and the news briefly mentioning his suicide note and the death to me seems as though he was guilty about what he was accused of. If he did commit the crimes then he should have taken his punishments. But if he was innocent how is anyone suppose to recover from something like this, his face in the news paper and on the news as being accused as a stalker and rapist. If he were innocent then how are people going to react to him. People unfortunately only see the bad in people and and will never forget seeing his face as a predator. But I guess we will never know. Mr. Knight your family is in my prayers.
Ouch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2008

Judged:

A 24-year-old San Mateo woman admitted today in San Mateo County Superior Court in Redwood City to lying to police in June about being raped by the side of the road in Foster City, according to the district attorney's office.
A judge ordered Karyn Galila to serve 90 days in county jail and to pay restitution to the Foster City Police Department for telling police she had been attacked by a group of men June 12 at about 9 p.m. when her car broke down in the area of Chess Drive and Foster City Boulevard, Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said.
After a lengthy police investigation, Galila reportedly later admitted to police that no sexual assault occurred. Prosecutors described her motive as having to do with her own personal relationship.
Galila pleaded no contest this morning to one misdemeanor count of filing a false police report, according to Wagstaffe.
Examiner.com Related Articles:
Charity director could face six months in jail
San Mateo County sees increase in registered voters
Walgreens settles with four counties on claims of overcharging
Man charged in robberies at Asian restaurants
Port of Oakland to receive nearly $50M
She had been charged with two counts, one for her initial report to police, and a second for repeating the charge to a sexual assault investigation team at the San Mateo Medical Center's Keller Center, according to Wagstaffe.
Galila was ordered to reappear in court Feb. 26 at 9 a.m., at which time a restitution amount to the Foster City Police Department will be ordered.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charleston County Discussions

Search the Charleston County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Body of 3-year-old girl to return home (Nov '09) Apr 7 1mad mom 30
SC inclement weather closing Jan '14 Angryemployee 1
Charleston airport board turbulent amid expansi... Dec '13 Agent X19 1
Authorities searching for missing 10-year-old g... Nov '13 TotalRebel 1
SC inmates complain about food (Oct '11) Nov '13 retarded in there 9
Police Powers Excessive? Nov '13 Concerned Citizen 1
Man hit by truck on Savannah Highway Nov '13 Kristen 1
•••
•••