Body of 3-year-old girl to return home

Nov 9, 2009 Full story: The Post and Courier 30

The body of 3-year-old Serenity Richardson will be flown back to her hometown of Detroit today for burial.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
chgo resident in the Rain

Chicago, IL

#1 Nov 11, 2009
Serenity will be in a better place.
1.Where is her father?
2.Did Serenity suffer bruises before she went to Summerville as well?
3.Why was Iesha moving to Summerville with a friend with no money?
4.Was she running away from something in Detroit?
5.Why leave your 3year old child for a whole month?
6.How much contact did she have with her friend watching her baby?
7.Why not leave the child with her momma and come back for her when she got set up?
8.I would think her family would be her 1st option not a friend.
9.Everyone deals with grief in there own way,but Iesha's reaction at the bond hearing was very strange for someone that hadn't seen there child in a month and now she's dead.
There are two people in jail responsible for Serenity's death,Erica Butts and Shanita Cunningham
but maybe after further investigation make room for
Iesha.Find out how old that burn is and other bruises.
CHICAGO RAIN

Chicago, IL

#2 Nov 11, 2009
Why was Shanita playing doctor putting that child on ice and using bleach as a way to alert Serenity?
Who was the lady in the apartment with Shanita that lied about the child falling out the chair hitting her head.Shanita don't get brownie points for turning herself in ,you'll responsible for a child's life.What is her background? And Iesha's background?
Ed Williams

Atmore, AL

#3 Nov 13, 2009
I went to high school with both Shanita and Lesha.I can guarantee that Serenity was thought, by Lesha, to be in safe keeping. Erica was Lesha's best friend and Serenity's god mother. Who expects 2 of their best friends to harm their child? And did you ever think that Lesha is still in shock. She's burying her 3 year old. Have some common sense. She's torn apart, right now. She was moving to SC to have a better life, seeing that there are no jobs in Michigan. I live in AL, now, for that same reason. Stop trying to find a conspiracy.
CHICAGO RAIN

Chicago, IL

#4 Nov 16, 2009
don't cover up one...
there's no jobs a lot of places,distraught or shock
she left her child in another state and needed help getting back( where's your loving family when you need them),how was she going to provide for herself and child with no job ,she should have gotten things in order at home,send out resumes,found adequate living arrangements -even if it was with her best friend but put your child
first.Iknow people never could imagine a friend doing something like this,time will tell...
people change maybe her life was in a bad state --
her baby daddy in jail,no job family not as supportive as they want you to believe maybe thats why she turned to her friend.maybe she has a burden lifted.
MEEE

Clinton Township, MI

#5 Nov 19, 2009
I knew shanita ever since i was a little girl. I knew shanita and her crazy family. Who the hell would leave a kid with shanita. She was a evil little girl and clearly she grew up to be an evil woman...looking at her mugshot, She's still just as ugly as i remember her to be. BLACK TRASH
Sister

United States

#6 Nov 21, 2009
my sister would never hurt her own child so as far as all that check n see how old her burns are you can shut up and mind your business. serenity was treated like a princess esha got her manicures took her shopping 24/7 and they often spent alot of mother daughter time going to the movies together and more. let the investigators do they job and check your background before you start considering hers. whose the professionals you or them. sure as hell not you so keep your negative comments out our lives.thank you
whatever

Detroit, MI

#7 Nov 25, 2009
No "real" mother would leave her daughter that long with a "friend" A real mother would have their daughter with them and make sacrifices like mothers have done for ages.. She should have left the child with her the grandmother maybe...that way she could have been close by. So sad...hopefully, if she has other children, she will make wiser decisions.
local

Walterboro, SC

#8 Nov 25, 2009
before you judge, walk a mile in her shoes
CHICAGO RAIN

Chicago, IL

#9 Nov 25, 2009
I would not put them shoes on...why would ESHA turn to a friend before her LOVING FAMILY...
And to Esha's sister thats spending time reading my opinion ,maybe you should have checked on your
3year old neice...No I'm not a professional to question what really happen..but maybe you should try and get some straight answers from your sister.
You watch the news you see things on the news that you've questioned before...Alright then
And if your sister didn't have a job and not happy in Detroit maybe she should have been spending time loving and providing adequate care -instead of getting her nails done...
Your sister needs GOD...
She picked the wrong man,father for here child,and the wrong set of friends...
guilt will eat her up-she will receive her form of punishment judgement day...
scared little girls

Chicago, IL

#10 Nov 25, 2009
You ever wonder how many nights Serenity cried for her mother?...
Did her mother call her at night before she went to sleep?...
Check the phone records for Serenity's family for the month of October to November ,How many calls to Erica did they make...when she received
the call of what happen to her daughter -- more than 5 family members and a host of friends and could'nt put together money to get back to
South Carolina....
Your neighbors think bad about the whole family too.
Police

Chicago, IL

#11 Nov 25, 2009
There's more than 2 people for Serenity's murder...
This little girl can finally rest with no worries...
A child's life is suppose to be worry-free
A mother's job is to provide ,protect,and secure..
Serenitys Aunt

Winchester, KY

#12 Dec 14, 2009
Serenity was a beautiful and loving child who was never abused. Serenity spent Thanksgiving with her godmother in South Carolina last year as well. She was a healthy 3 year old that loved getting her nails and toes done, loved shopping and ice cream just like any 3 year old. Her mother loved Serenity with all of her heart and now is struggling to find a reason to continue living now that she is gone, especially when she sees posts like this one on the internet accusing her of being a bad parent.
chgo resident in the Rain wrote:
Serenity will be in a better place.
1.Where is her father?
2.Did Serenity suffer bruises before she went to Summerville as well?
3.Why was Iesha moving to Summerville with a friend with no money?
4.Was she running away from something in Detroit?
5.Why leave your 3year old child for a whole month?
6.How much contact did she have with her friend watching her baby?
7.Why not leave the child with her momma and come back for her when she got set up?
8.I would think her family would be her 1st option not a friend.
9.Everyone deals with grief in there own way,but Iesha's reaction at the bond hearing was very strange for someone that hadn't seen there child in a month and now she's dead.
There are two people in jail responsible for Serenity's death,Erica Butts and Shanita Cunningham
but maybe after further investigation make room for
Iesha.Find out how old that burn is and other bruises.
so your are any better

Chicago, IL

#13 Dec 14, 2009
ok auntie...
why is a child away from her blood family especially at thanksgiving time=a time for being thankful...did her mom really need a break at that point too...sounds like this was'nt a one-time episode to get herself and things packed up for moving..keep making excuses for your neice -I'm sure this will clear all of the families guilt of I should have kept her or helped her instead of turning my back on her ..how often then you call to check on SERENITY...OMG... let me think
ANGEL WATCHING

Chicago, IL

#14 Dec 18, 2009
Erica , Shanita, Ieasha and family-should all be locked up for the death of this little girl.
mother made you-mother F--- you...
Santa Claus will be putting black coal in your stocking and hanging a death wish on your life..
DID YOU THINK YOU WERE FREE...
damn leave her alone

United States

#15 Jul 9, 2010
You ppl are sick! I hope Iesha never has to read these horrible comments. Whether she left her daughter for a day or a month, she loved her daughter. No one knows what was going on... maybe it was supposed to be a one week thing but something came up. None of u know and who the fuck r yall to question. Erica was Serenity's godmother and Iesha's best friend. Do you know what it means to be a godmother? She trusted her! The other woman, Shanita seems more guilty to me because she tried so hard to wake Serenity up when she realized she was unconscious. Then she went out of state to avoid punishment.
same on u

Detroit, MI

#17 Aug 1, 2010
non of yall know shanita and erica neither i dnt care wat they loved that lil girl something just went wrong
MOCCA1

Snellville, GA

#18 Apr 17, 2011
I'am a good ole friend of ladawn butts which is erica's mom. it kills me how people can make judgment when they don't have facts. get your facts right first then say what u feel otherwise you sound like some damn fools. put yourself in erica's shoes and think how would you feel with these statements being made.
leave her alone

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Jul 16, 2011
My daughters Godmother lives in Boston and I wouldn't think twice about allowing her to spend time with her. I allowed my 1 year old daughter to fly to New York with her Godmom and felt that she could be trusted and just as Esha expected, my child was brought back the way she left UNHARMED. I have known Esha since before she had Serenity and that baby truly changed her life and was her reason for living. People only go by what the media says and then form an opinion. Serenity's family was very close to her and all spent quite a bit of time with her and it wasn't out of the norm for Erica to keep her in South Carolina. She was her Godmother and had been Eshas best friend for years. Go focus on your business and let Esha continue to heal!
lovingmycousin

United States

#20 Aug 11, 2011
how dare you speak ofmy cousin this way people these days have no sympathy she has lost her only child and you have the nerve to post this delete it asap
outsider

Baltimore, MD

#21 Nov 4, 2011
There is more than 1 side 2 every story & 1 is the truth between all sides. We don't know either sides life or story family or not. Know 1 knows everything. The fact is she was only 3 years old being a normal 3yr old whom shouldn't have gotten abused4 being just that which the accused admitted to doing out of her own mouth. She admitted 2 beating that again 3yr old child. Wrong for that & she knew she was wrong & apologized 4 it after admitting her wrong doing. Who doesn't know beating a child that young like that would kill them, common sense now. No she ddnt have intentions on killing her nut it happened. There is more than 1 way 2 punish a child that young w/o beating them the way she was beat with the admittance of her godmother. She admitted she did it what more. I'm sure she ddnt think her bestfriend would do that. Look @ reality there r mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, some of everyone out here who does bad things who's to say who we can really trust nut ourselves. She dud what she felt was best n her situation which only she knows. The accused cried out n pain, crime, guilt & n knowing she was wrong which is y she apologized & trying 2 face her facts of her crime. N all the photos the child seemed happy with her mother, yes too young 4 certain things but sign of a mother doing what she knew to make her child happy. There is no manual on raising a child no 1 is perfect or the same or have the exact same probs, issues or lifestyles. I pray 4 everyone & I mean everyone. Serenity is still with her mother n spirit. Heart, memory. Yes everyone has questions but only GOD & THOSE INVOLVED KNOW THE TRUTH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Could Bobby Harrell's departure impact Charlest... Sep 16 DC Spies 1
Coastal flooding possible in Charleston area Th... Sep 12 NoahsArK 1
Charleston airport board chairman reverses empl... Aug '14 Savage Plays Both... 2
South Carolina GOP Governor Agrees to Divorce (Jan '10) Jul '14 swedenforever 30
Man pulled from Hollywood area creek identified Jun '14 Mike taylor 1
SC inclement weather closing (Jan '14) Jan '14 Angryemployee 1
Charleston airport board turbulent amid expansi... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Agent X19 1

Charleston County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE