Methadone program a way out for some

Methadone program a way out for some

There are 23 comments on the The Post and Courier story from Jul 14, 2008, titled Methadone program a way out for some. In it, The Post and Courier reports that:

A client of the Charleston Center of Charleston County takes a dose of methadone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Post and Courier.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Apr 12, 2010
I am trying to get into the methadone clinic but having some problems. They say that I don't qualify because I'm not an IV drug user. Also they say that I haven't been using long enough. I'm needing some help. If anyone knows what I could do could you please give me some adivise. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Beware

United States

#23 Apr 12, 2010
Stay away from Methadone. Some of your clinics put you on it & the more you use the more you have to increase. These clinics have to have a certain amoount of (victims) to stay in business. They really don't care how long & how addicted you become. Suboxone is the way to go. Stick with it. No one should have to stay in treatment for years. That is not treatment. That is making you a hard core addict. Do yourself a favor. Get clean from all. Get on a short term suboxone treatment. Tell your Dr. that is what you wish to do. Then stick with it. Good luck.
PainKiller

Australia

#24 Apr 13, 2010
Ive been taking opiates for yrs now. Started off with just panadiene forte but cos I needed so many (10-15/day) I was switched to straight codiene 300+mg a day after a yr or so on that I was then put on MS Contin (morphine 12hr release) aswell, 400mg a day and been on it for over a yr now.i have chronic pain thanks to my back and to top it off a serious car accident smashing my head open but it isnt goin to get better so the drug company has a permanent customer here! I should be getting free holidays not the Dr! F u mundapharm! Anyway I always thought methadone was a highly abused drug and only used for rehabilitation but someone on here was tellin me if u take methadone and then try taking another opiate to get high that ur body goes into a rapid detox cos the meth blocks ur receptors or something.i could have sworn methadone was just another legal heroin and capable of being abused just like all the others and not make ur body go into rapid detox if u try shootin up some of ur mums much needed painkillers.same with this subutex. Am I making sense here do u know wot I mean? Oh and one more thing I asked my Dr if I ever wanted to get off morph wot do I do? He simply told me he would gradually wean me off it. So why dont people just get weaned off with the same drug instead of all these meth and sub programs? Am I missing something?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Body of 3-year-old girl to return home (Nov '09) Sep 17 are 45
News Longtime downtown Charleston womena s shop to c... (Feb '16) Aug '16 Bonnie 2
News What Charleston looks like, a year after the Dy... Jun '16 Adonay 1
News South Carolina Boy, 13, Fatally Shoots Burglar,... (Nov '15) Nov '15 curious 2
News Arrest made, property recovered in Charleston b... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Cement Head 1
News SC inmates complain about food (Oct '11) Jul '15 prison 10
News Charleston, SC (Jun '15) Jun '15 chrystal026 1
More from around the web