S.C. man charged in attack on driver ...

S.C. man charged in attack on driver of truck that struck dog

There are 3 comments on the Rock Hill Herald story from Oct 16, 2009, titled S.C. man charged in attack on driver of truck that struck dog. In it, Rock Hill Herald reports that:

After running over a dog on a rural road in McClellanville on Thursday morning, the driver of a pickup truck tried to "put the dog out of its misery" by whacking the animal with a machete and a hammer, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rock Hill Herald.

Nicole Kelley

Smyrna, GA

#1 Oct 17, 2009
I would like to defend William Youngman. I have known him and his family for eleven years. He would NEVER harm anyone or ANY type of animal. He is the definition of "animal lover". I know that he was only trying to help the dog (which he thought was a stray)
I am asking you all to keep an open mind and heart, a man with a family and a dog waiting for him at home was badly beaten.
UncleRoy

Charleston, SC

#2 Oct 19, 2009
The owner of the Dog photographed the entire scene before the police and medical personnel arrived. Pictures tell a thousand words. The house under construction is clearly visible from the road.

The dog was is an extremely rare species of dog in the wild and face extinction. Youngerman should have done everything to save him. People like Youngerman often maim and shoot these dogs because they are too stupid to know about them. These native American dogs are a national treasure. I hope Youngerman's DNA dies out rather than the only Native North American species of dog.

http://www.carolinadogs.com/special_breed.htm...
http://www.carolinadogs.com/general.html
lane

Wilmington, NC

#3 Oct 20, 2009
If william youngman is a animal lover he would have tried to save this animal. In my opinion he was evil to mutilate the dog further. All dogs go to heaven will he? Not by hurting God's creature!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charleston County Arrest Records and Criminal M... Mar 4 Melvin 3
News Teacher Allows Students To Use Trash Can As Toilet (Oct '06) Mar 2 Teaching Phart 20
Robert McQuillan 2nd CDV Charge Feb 25 SMH 1
News Body of 3-year-old girl to return home (Nov '09) Feb '17 Another mother 51
News Women's March on Washington plans sister march ... Jan '17 Dudley 7
News Citadel labor historian arrested in Crosstown p... Dec '16 Slugger 1
News RESULTS: The Lowcountry's election winners Nov '16 o see the light 1
More from around the web