Sunglasses found could be Brittanee D...

Sunglasses found could be Brittanee Drexel's

There are 37 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Dec 11, 2009, titled Sunglasses found could be Brittanee Drexel's. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

Sunglasses found by campers in South Carolina could be those of missing teen Brittanee Drexel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“formerly known as "im bored"”

Since: Apr 08

rochester ny

#32 Dec 12, 2009
No, the parents are smart. Keeping her daughter in the media. Hopefully someone will recognize her and she will be found one way or another to put closure on this.

I can't imagine the pain that family is going thru. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

To let this go, is to give up hope. They can't until they find out about their daughter.

I highly doubt its a game or a joke or a runaway situation anymore. I truly hope she is found.
Twanker

Rochester, NY

#33 Dec 12, 2009
I wouldn't want to walk a step in the moms shoes. What a nightmare.
Keshia

Rochester, NY

#34 Dec 12, 2009
He is not even her boyfriend.
He wasn't when she went down there, and he wasn't after she disappeared and started dating a different girl.
Grinch

United States

#35 Dec 12, 2009
This is too hilarious. She went out at night wearing sunglasses. Next thing we'll hear is that they found her bikini.
Amens Street blues

Geneva, NY

#36 Dec 13, 2009
It seams a little odd that her sunglasses would turn up. I hope it is not a cruel hoax. mt symphonies too the family & her boyfriend.
to those with such cold comments I hope you have a change of heart. Merry X-mas
care-a-lot

Pittsford, NY

#37 Dec 13, 2009
reality wrote:
I think all sane and people that have an inkling of intelligence realize what probably happened to her. Anyone who has hateful, or cold hearted remarks about her or her family is less than human.Then again, in today's world, I am not surprised by anything anymore.Our country is full of hatred,greed, and cold hearts.
I applaud your opinion...You hit it right on the nail. My God, a girl is missing, do you not have any compassion any of you negative people? What happened to the decent people of our country?
Mr Skeptical

Warsaw, NY

#38 Dec 13, 2009
care-a-lot wrote:
<quoted text>
I applaud your opinion...You hit it right on the nail. My God, a girl is missing, do you not have any compassion any of you negative people? What happened to the decent people of our country?
Agreed. Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Lee Dugard are just 2 examples of the countless women and young girls who disappear at the hands of vile, evil people. There's far more that are never found. I can't understand the @-holes in this forum that have to spout these ridiculous "she ran away" or other ILLOGICAL rumors on here. It just makes no sense to me. We should all be hoping and praying she comes home alive for crying out loud. Anyone who disagrees is either a vile piece of human trash, or a total moron!
Dean - o

Honeoye Falls, NY

#39 Dec 13, 2009
Hannibal wrote:
This B.D. story keeps hanging around.. It's quite boring & sexist to say the least. If a man went missing, the media would have forgotten him by summers end.. Get serious ; give it up!. Anyone who beleives this girl is still alive are the same people who beleive that they didn't find the black boxes from the commercial jets that hit the twin towers..
this story is so "boring and sexist" that you decided to take your time to read it, and comment on it?
Julia

Cranston, RI

#40 Dec 14, 2009
I think right now the family is more interested in some closure. Specially around the holiday's, it must be heartbreaking!
Some of you people are so rude. If this had happen to your family wouldn't you do anything in your power to find your loved one?

“Never a Dull Moment”

Since: Nov 09

Somewhere in NY

#41 Dec 15, 2009
The Jew wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a pretty crass person...but jesus christ dude....people dont play games for 8 months...they do it for like a week or month at most...she's lucky if shes alive and in somebodys sex dungeon
I'd rather be dead than that!

She played a very dangerous game by lying to her mom and going behind her back to go to SC on spring break. She may well have paid for it with her life.

A pair of sunglasses does not mean they are any closer to finding her than they were before. Come on...sunglasses?

I do hope they do someday find her - dead or alive. Put some closure on this for her family. Let's hope this will make other kids stop and think that maybe, just maybe mom and dad are right to say no.
leroyisamoron

Livonia Center, NY

#42 Dec 15, 2009
I don't understand why possibly finding her sunglasses near a river would give the family hope. If anything, it would give me an even bigger concern for her safety. Maybe I'm just cynical.
MHO

Rochester, NY

#43 Dec 15, 2009
Why can't anyone understand that you can't "protect" your kids. You can raise them with a sense of morals, and more importantly, EMPATHY, and stand by them. Not one of you have not done something insanely stupid growing up.

Our poor choices should not land us dead or missing.
Mr Skeptical

Warsaw, NY

#44 Dec 16, 2009
leroyisamoron wrote:
I don't understand why possibly finding her sunglasses near a river would give the family hope. If anything, it would give me an even bigger concern for her safety. Maybe I'm just cynical.
Probably because they have no clues right now, and perhaps this relatively small clue (if, in fact, they are indeed hers) could lead to a real break eventually.
WouldntYouLikeTo Know

Cranston, RI

#45 Jan 8, 2010
For all you heartless bastards, obviously you care about the story enough to read and follow up on the matter. Stop bitching about how the story is lingering around. It will until they find her. Hopefully they find her soon. Whether she be harmed or not, preferrably not, I just hope they find her. Anyways my heart goes out to the family and friends.
Mr Skeptical

Warsaw, NY

#46 Jan 8, 2010
WouldntYouLikeToKnow wrote:
For all you heartless bastards, obviously you care about the story enough to read and follow up on the matter. Stop bitching about how the story is lingering around. It will until they find her. Hopefully they find her soon. Whether she be harmed or not, preferrably not, I just hope they find her. Anyways my heart goes out to the family and friends.
Yea, I guess some believe that if they didn't find her after the first month that everyone should just give up
Sean

Charleston, SC

#47 Jan 9, 2010
The sunglasses were found near the last cell phone signals.
truth

United States

#48 Jan 11, 2010
Granted, several thousand pairs of sunglasses probably go missing around Myrtle Beach during the summer. In this location, with the Santee currents running to the Atlantic, it is interesting the location of these sunglasses. Not saying they are BD's, but with this being the last known location of her cell phone, it would not be out of the question IMO. I am still unsure as to why Petey is not under the microscope. Nothing more ever came about after he hired his high profile attorney.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Charleston looks like, a year after the Dy... Jun 20 Adonay 1
News Body of 3-year-old girl to return home (Nov '09) Jun 14 Oneangrygodmother 44
News Longtime downtown Charleston womena s shop to c... Feb '16 JANE 1
News South Carolina Boy, 13, Fatally Shoots Burglar,... (Nov '15) Nov '15 curious 2
News Arrest made, property recovered in Charleston b... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Cement Head 1
News SC inmates complain about food (Oct '11) Jul '15 prison 10
News Charleston, SC (Jun '15) Jun '15 chrystal026 1
More from around the web