Maryland Residents Face Long Commutes

Maryland Residents Face Long Commutes

There are 3 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Maryland Residents Face Long Commutes. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

New figures from the Census Bureau show Maryland residents face, on average, the second-longest commutes to their jobs in the country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

Kent

Frederick, MD

#1 Sep 12, 2007
Well DUH!
Craig

New York, NY

#2 Sep 12, 2007
Does this mean that Frederick and Washington counties don't have long commutes? We're all headed to the same place.

Jefferson County (probably Berkeley too) has 45% of its residents traveling outside the county to work. Why isn't this every included in the Metro area. I only commute 47 miles to my job but I'm not considered as part of the Census Bureau's numbers.
PJ Constantino

Prince Frederick, MD

#3 Sep 13, 2007
How about an average commute time of 60 minutes, which can run into 1.25 hours and on some occasions 2 hours.(One hour is a good day).I commute from Huntingtown to Silver Spring. It's amazing how far I can get in a relatively short period of time. And then I hit the daily backup on the beltway that starts prior to MD Route 650 / New Hampshire Avenue. The commute from that point to my office can takes 20 - 45 minutes or more some days. When is MD going to do something about that stretch of the beltway?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Waldorf, The Ghetto? (Jun '06) Apr '16 Resident 288
News Parents Sue School for Teaching Their Daughter ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Thinking 4
News Parents Sue Maryland High School For "Forcing" ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Andrew 1
News Black Lives Matter supporter arrested for threa... (Sep '15) Sep '15 CCGuy 2
To Delusional Duck Followers (Jul '15) Aug '15 SMCGuy 5
News St. Marya s commissioners hesitant to allow mar... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Toots 2
News Woman found pushing dead son, 3, in swing at Md... (May '15) May '15 concerned 1
More from around the web