Web Exclusive: Student says he was suspended for wearing heels

Full story: KLTV Tyler 6
CHARLES CITY COUNTY, VA A 17-year-old Charles City County student says he was kicked out of school for being gay and wearing high heels. Full Story

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Mar 5, 2012
I believe this is sexual orientation discrimination and also gender discrimination.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#2 Mar 7, 2012
When I was in public high school in the 70's there was a dress code and it was enforced.

Location hidden

#3 Mar 7, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
When I was in public high school in the 70's there was a dress code and it was enforced.
What kind of dress code? I'm sure girls were allowed to wear pants, shorts, dresses, and skirts and high heels and shoes while males were only allowed to wear pants or shorts and boy's shoes. Special rights for females right? Am I correct?
ohio

Waverly, OH

#4 Mar 7, 2012
All schools should require uniforms, everyone is on a equal playing ground. Rich kids wouldn't be able to wear their designer clothes to make the poor kids feel like they aren't as good as the rich ones.
ADudeNamedStacie

Baltimore, MD

#5 Nov 19, 2012
I know this kid. Dealt with him when I host the Job Fairs in the Richmond area. He wasn't punished for wearing heels. He was punished for being a smart-ass and disrespecting the Principal when he was asked to comply with something totally unrelated to what he was wearing.

Location hidden

#7 Nov 20, 2012
ohio wrote:
All schools should require uniforms, everyone is on a equal playing ground. Rich kids wouldn't be able to wear their designer clothes to make the poor kids feel like they aren't as good as the rich ones.
The uniforms should have to be gender neutral to be fair to everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charles City County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Student clothing debate (Mar '12) Oct '13 Tasmia 4
Animal control officer who shot dog won't face ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 JRZGRL1 1
Student Asante Cotman, 17, says Virginia school... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Amg314 2
Student says he was suspended for wearing heels (Mar '12) Mar '12 equalityboy81 3
Gay student suspended for being, you know, too gay (Mar '12) Mar '12 equalityboy81 6
This week's hate mail is (Mar '12) Mar '12 equalityboy81 3
Grandmother to try out for Cowboy's cheerleadin... (Mar '12) Mar '12 equalityboy81 1
•••

Charles City County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••