Changes to Sex Offender Laws in Iowa

Changes to Sex Offender Laws in Iowa

There are 2 comments on the KAAL TV - Minnesota story from May 21, 2009, titled Changes to Sex Offender Laws in Iowa. In it, KAAL TV - Minnesota reports that:

Governor Chet Culver signed a bill today a law revising Iowa's sex offender laws.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAAL TV - Minnesota.

shadow

Davenport, IA

#1 May 22, 2009
I think its retarded parents need to know where their kids are and who they are with and what they are doing. no matter what you do there will always be sexual abuse. the problem is improper supervision. stop worryin where the offenders are and watch ur dam kids. and not all offenders are in trouble for the same thing I know a guy who is a sex offender because when he was 17 he was dating a 13 year old. they lied to him on a plea bargan that stated he had to register for 12 years as a sex offender and also he would not appear on the sex offender websites. but if you register its either ten years or life time. and at the time the law was any crime involving a minor you do appear on the website. I hate anyone that would go out and rape or malest a child but its not right to classify all sex offenders as a threat. I care a lot about my friend and I worry about him not that he will re-offend but that he will harm himself because of all the stress he is going through. If you want a story speak to attorney Ryan Mitchell of Ottumwa Ia and ask why he mislead to at least two people both being charged with sex abuse 3rd. into taking a plea bargan that contained lies.
patrick nelson

Shakopee, MN

#2 Jun 30, 2009
I was lied to as well by public deffender in iowa and its still affecting my life 12 yrs later

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerro Gordo County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iowans must pay up before registering vehicles (Jul '11) Jul '11 Richard_ 1
News Sex Offender Check-Ups (May '10) Jul '11 Richard_ 7
News Sheriff shuts down wild, partly naked RAGBRAI p... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Luv Sports 1
News Trial Date Set in Mason City Murder Case (Dec '09) Dec '09 Teammate 1
News Mason City Man Arrested for Sexual Abuse (Jul '09) Nov '09 jon 3
News Search Warrant Leads to Arrest (Mar '09) Mar '09 i know him 1
US man, Gabe Watson, who has been charged with ... (Nov '08) Nov '08 Amy 1
More from around the web