Should the Cecil County FOP abstain f...

Should the Cecil County FOP abstain from supporting any Sheriff Candidate?

Created by To the Cecil County FOP on May 26, 2010

195 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Yes, until after the Primary

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I Do Believe

Wilmington, DE

#23 Jun 1, 2010
Can someone from the Sutton camp let Adam Streight know that the opinion of the FOP will not be needed until after the general election, Please? I think this survey has a strong signal to send to that one sided group of individuals.
We The People

United States

#24 Jun 1, 2010
2008 Crime Data for Cecil County.

Summarized are problematic stats:

Rapes
Above 5-yr avg. of 13
To 16 & 15 in ’07&‘08

Robberies
Above 5-yr avg. of 93
To 111 &111 in ‘07&’08

Aggravated Assaults
Above 5yr. avg. of 390
To 436 & 406 in ‘07&’08

B&E
Above 5yr. avg. of 390
To 436 & 406 in ‘07&’08

Larceny & Theft
Above 5 yr. avg. of 2,013
To 2,141 & 2,314 in ‘07&’08

Vehicle Thefts
Above 5yr. avg. of 284
To 310 in ‘08

http://www.mdsp.org/downloads/2008_Crime_In_M...
Ballz to the Wallz

United States

#25 Jun 1, 2010
We The People wrote:
2008 Crime Data for Cecil County.
Summarized are problematic stats:
Rapes
Above 5-yr avg. of 13
To 16 & 15 in ’07&‘08
Robberies
Above 5-yr avg. of 93
To 111 &111 in ‘07&’08
Aggravated Assaults
Above 5yr. avg. of 390
To 436 & 406 in ‘07&’08
B&E
Above 5yr. avg. of 390
To 436 & 406 in ‘07&’08
Larceny & Theft
Above 5 yr. avg. of 2,013
To 2,141 & 2,314 in ‘07&’08
Vehicle Thefts
Above 5yr. avg. of 284
To 310 in ‘08
http://www.mdsp.org/downloads/2008_Crime_In_M...
If you have a point...make it. Put the beer down and give the CURRENT information. You loose the affect when you just copy and paste whatever...wherever!
Family First

Fort Wayne, IN

#26 Jun 2, 2010
Go to the UCR web page and look at the crime rate since 2002 when Janney tool office. You will find out that crime has risen 26% since he took office. The population has grown but in percentage rate it grew more from 1997 to 2002.Then it did from 2002-2009. Why do I make that point because from 1997-2002 crime was down in cecil county. It did not start to increase until Janney took office. Please if you do not believe me look it up for yourself at the UCR website and let me know what you find. The Cecil Whig has been giving the information on where to verify these numbers and are going to do a stry about it. Mr. Sutton gave us the right crime stats and Janney Well LIED Again.
We The People

United States

#27 Jun 3, 2010
Ballz to the Wallz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have a point...make it. Put the beer down and give the CURRENT information. You loose the affect when you just copy and paste whatever...wherever!
The point is pretty obvious....the crime stats show a "history" of increases in crime, and a current level of increased crime in Cecil. If you read previous posts you would have noticed more current prelim 2009 stats. Let me paste it here for you.

http://www.mdsp.org/downloads/2009_Annual_Pre...

I don't see any factual rebuttals pasted from state or federal sites (i.e.- counter proof)?
I Do Believe

Wilmington, DE

#28 Jun 4, 2010
Crime is up 1.4% in Cecil. This is a little deceiving. If you listen to Sutton, he said that crime was up 26% in Cecil County. There is a big difference...don't you think? Or is that just me, twisting those numbers and not going all the way back to 8 years ago?

On a positive note, I am glad to see the murder rate is down! I am sure we will see that number inflate after Sutton hands everyone a gun to carry!

"Statistics presented here are based on information provided by
law enforcement agencies to the Maryland Uniform Crime Reporting
Program. Attempts to compare resulting crime figures should not be
made without first considering the individual crime factors that
exist in each region and jurisdiction"

What does that mean?
We The People

Orlando, FL

#29 Jun 4, 2010
I Do Believe wrote:
Crime is up 1.4% in Cecil. This is a little deceiving. If you listen to Sutton, he said that crime was up 26% in Cecil County. There is a big difference...don't you think? Or is that just me, twisting those numbers and not going all the way back to 8 years ago?
On a positive note, I am glad to see the murder rate is down! I am sure we will see that number inflate after Sutton hands everyone a gun to carry!
"Statistics presented here are based on information provided by
law enforcement agencies to the Maryland Uniform Crime Reporting
Program. Attempts to compare resulting crime figures should not be
made without first considering the individual crime factors that
exist in each region and jurisdiction"
What does that mean?
Prelim 2009 stats show crime is up 1.4% in Cecil...fact. I believe a poster was stating crime is up 26% since Janney took over (cumulative increase). On Monday the FBI released crime statistics that should cause the applauding anti-gunners to sit on their hands. The statistics indicate that between 2008 and 2009, as gun sales soared, the number of murders in our country decreased 7.2 percent. That amounts to about an 8.2 percent decrease in the per capita murder rate, after the increase in our nation's legal and illegal population is taken into account. And it translates into about a 10.5 percent decrease in the murder rate between 2004, when the (assault weapon) ban expired, and the end of 2009. And finally, it means that in 2009 our nation's murder rate fell to a 45-year low. The FBI's report was also bad news for anti-gunners elected to other offices. With the Supreme Court's decision in McDonald v. City of Chicago no more than a few weeks away, Mayors Bloomberg, of New York City, and Daley, of Chicago—who fear that it will require them to respect the Second Amendment for the first time—have continued to beat their drums for gun control.
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Rea...

It means crime is up in Cecil county under Janney! Now and historically (8yrs).
I Do Believe

Wilmington, DE

#30 Jun 4, 2010
BTW...Chris Sutton said that Crime was up 26% in Cecil County. He was looking right at me when he said it. It was a little startling considering Sheriff Janney had said, only moments earlier, that the Crime was down 8% in Maryland and 2.8% on the Eastern Shore. I don't hear a lie there. I do hear an OVER INFLATED percentage by Sutton. You are way too eager to carry a gun...that is the first "red flag" for your gun permit application!
Family First

Fort Wayne, IN

#31 Jun 4, 2010
What about Cecil County Crime is up in Cecil county since Janney took Office the numbers will be published soon and we will see who inflates the numbers. The arrests are way down too maybe not a good idea to handle accidents. But once a trooper always a trooper. The work load these deputies have now is ridiculous and the Barracks work load is down. Byu the way the stats to back this up will be published soon also. Just contact Mr. Sutton he has the information and they were verified by an attorney. He will give you a copy if you request it, I did and had it the next day. These numbers are alarming
cricket in the night

AOL

#32 Jun 25, 2010
Crooked, stay out of it until after the General Election
Ever Wonder

United States

#33 Jun 26, 2010
Family First wrote:
What about Cecil County Crime is up in Cecil county since Janney took Office the numbers will be published soon and we will see who inflates the numbers. The arrests are way down too maybe not a good idea to handle accidents. But once a trooper always a trooper. The work load these deputies have now is ridiculous and the Barracks work load is down. Byu the way the stats to back this up will be published soon also. Just contact Mr. Sutton he has the information and they were verified by an attorney. He will give you a copy if you request it, I did and had it the next day. These numbers are alarming
No need to contact Sutton. He will tell you ANYTHING to make you think that he is the better candidate. I am tired of his tactics and his inability to tell us what he is planning to do. I went to his web page and all I read was the same thing that I have been reading for years. There is no new "revelation" by Sutton. I find myself wanting to move out of Cecil County when I read his site. Who wants to live here with all of the "GANGS, MURDERS, RAPES, PROSTITUTION..." ect. Who in their right mind would want to live in such a violent area? I am not in denial. I know there is crime

Janney is a former trooper and I don't see a problem with that. There should be NO DISRESPECT to any police agency in this county. State Police, Sheriff's office, and all of the municipal Police Departments have great talent and dedicated men and women. The Sutton camp should find a different platform to stand upon because the X-TROOPER is not a bad thing.
Ever Wonder

United States

#35 Jun 27, 2010
Dear Sally,

Please read "Family First" above. That would be a "Sutton Sucker". His "supporters" have a way of disrespecting the Maryland State Police when they bash Janney and the current administration. There have been several Deputies placed in "upper level" administrative positions within the Sheriff's office and the Detention Center. The choices that Janney made in the placement of his administrators is surely backed by their experience and credentials. Questioning these men and making comments about "once a trooper always a trooper" when trying to point a negative finger is typical of the Sutton campaign. These professionals deserve the respect that they have worked to achieve. Even though Gerry Widdoes (aka... Sutton's choice for Chief Deputy) is a current employee, he could not touch any resume of the administrators in Janneys staff. And where is Gerry Widdoes? Sutton announced that he will be part of his "dream team" and we haven't heard a peep since. Premature announcement? If Gerry Widdoes believes in anything that Sutton says, why isn't he out promoting him?
transpo cop

United States

#37 Jul 15, 2010
Ever Wonder wrote:
Dear Sally,
Please read "Family First" above. That would be a "Sutton Sucker". His "supporters" have a way of disrespecting the Maryland State Police when they bash Janney and the current administration. There have been several Deputies placed in "upper level" administrative positions within the Sheriff's office and the Detention Center. The choices that Janney made in the placement of his administrators is surely backed by their experience and credentials. Questioning these men and making comments about "once a trooper always a trooper" when trying to point a negative finger is typical of the Sutton campaign. These professionals deserve the respect that they have worked to achieve. Even though Gerry Widdoes (aka... Sutton's choice for Chief Deputy) is a current employee, he could not touch any resume of the administrators in Janneys staff. And where is Gerry Widdoes? Sutton announced that he will be part of his "dream team" and we haven't heard a peep since. Premature announcement? If Gerry Widdoes believes in anything that Sutton says, why isn't he out promoting him?
Excellent point! While many in the law enforcement family respect and admire Mr Widdoes, many of us are also wondering if his good name is really being taken over by Sutton for his own ego maniac politial purposes.

Is there really any reputable law enforcement person, including former Sutton supporters, who 'admire' what his 'buddy' Adam Streight is doing to undermine the integrity of the FOP? All in the name of his undying love for Sutton?
Ballz to the Wallz

United States

#38 Jul 15, 2010
transpo cop wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point! While many in the law enforcement family respect and admire Mr Widdoes, many of us are also wondering if his good name is really being taken over by Sutton for his own ego maniac politial purposes.
Is there really any reputable law enforcement person, including former Sutton supporters, who 'admire' what his 'buddy' Adam Streight is doing to undermine the integrity of the FOP? All in the name of his undying love for Sutton?
I am wondering this as well! Sutton is out to take people out. The dirtier...the better. That is not the Gerry Widdoes that I know. As intelligent as he is...one would think that he regrets getting himself into this mess. The "announcement" of bringing Widdoes in as the Chief Deputy was done to get votes. That's sad when a candidate needs to bring a popular choice in just to get votes.

The admirers have been promised positions...WAY beyond their ability!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cecil County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
skip dewitt (Oct '11) Dec '17 wtf 35
News Suspicious Man Enters School, Asks To 'See How ... Dec '17 wtf 2
News 2 Deputies Indicted in Separate Incidents (Aug '09) Nov '17 Once thier 15
Convicted jail guard (Dec '16) Nov '17 Once thier 4
Trenched into a big phone cable Oct '17 Del 1
Chesapeake City Noise Ordinance (Jan '09) Oct '17 Friendly 4
Hillary Clinton (Jul '17) Aug '17 Frank Fontaine 2
More from around the web