Indian Acres

Indian Acres

There are 498 comments on the Cecil Whig story from Jul 7, 2007, titled Indian Acres. In it, Cecil Whig reports that:

“The commissioners don't want to get into it until the decision stands”

Campground not intended for permanent tenants, judge says By Eugene Paik [email protected] A recent court decision could leave hundreds of Indian Acres residents homeless in the winter. via Cecil Whig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cecil Whig.

Barb

Bethesda, MD

#181 Feb 14, 2010
so what is the addres of the web site
Heather

Waterloo, Canada

#182 Feb 28, 2010
Indian acres was designed as a summer living spot. The people who are living there year round are without running water in the winter months due to pipes to close to the ground. There are no phone lines therefore no phones other than cell. I spent 8 years living in Indian acres. You don't realize how "off" things are until you leave. There should be NO reason people have to go to a bathhouse for a shower or to get water. Granted some people have found ways to get running water in their trailers during the winter months. However for the most part people have to fill jugs with water at the bath house. I have always said no one should be allowed to stay there in the winter months. I'm glad to see that someone else noticed. Although it is a shame because some people have put a lot of work into these properties. However, everyone is aware that Indian acres is a Campground.
Soooo Wrong Heather

Zephyrhills, FL

#183 Feb 28, 2010
Heather wrote:
Indian acres was designed as a summer living spot. The people who are living there year round are without running water in the winter months due to pipes to close to the ground. There are no phone lines therefore no phones other than cell. I spent 8 years living in Indian acres. You don't realize how "off" things are until you leave. There should be NO reason people have to go to a bathhouse for a shower or to get water. Granted some people have found ways to get running water in their trailers during the winter months. However for the most part people have to fill jugs with water at the bath house. I have always said no one should be allowed to stay there in the winter months. I'm glad to see that someone else noticed. Although it is a shame because some people have put a lot of work into these properties. However, everyone is aware that Indian acres is a Campground.
Gee you seem so informative but you are soooo wrong. I do have running water ALL YEAR LONG and don't use the bathhouses at all. Cell phones, many people now have disconnected their landlines and only use cell phones and that is all over the country. I have great reception and don't need a landline. I also have computer service too. Oh and was it ok when YOU lived here for 8 years??? What did you get kicked out for some reason!
you know

Madison, TN

#184 Mar 2, 2010
as soon as i sell my house i am buying a nice place in there. i am getting a trailer in w. va for the winter months and getting a place there for the summer .i have family inboth area's. it would be nice to spent the summer there,i am hoping it's not as bad as people on the topix's say because i have two kids,that love camping,and swimming ,fishing.
Wondering

Elkton, MD

#185 Mar 13, 2010
I was wondering if there was anybody interested in rent to buy with contract. My family and I are interested in Inian acres.Looking for a possible double wide. with a decent size lot or lots.
Mary Pa

Avenel, NJ

#186 Mar 13, 2010
To Wondering in Elkton,
Indian Acres does not allow anything over 35'and you cannot live there full time.
John Walkden

United States

#187 Mar 14, 2010
My Wife and I where at Indian Acres yesterday 03/13/2010 looking for a place to buy.My family owned a place in there from 1980 till Jan 1995.My father passed away and my mom sold it.My wife and I now camp and thought it would be great to buy a place there.I dont know who is who or what is what but the place was terrible looking. And I was told this is a place for vacationing to living year round then I seen without a doubt that people live there year round.Good luck folks those of you trying to sell I dont see it happening.I seen junk cars there and trash.Terrible you all should be ashamed.
Highly Productive

United States

#188 Mar 14, 2010
Wondering wrote:
I was wondering if there was anybody interested in rent to buy with contract. My family and I are interested in Inian acres.Looking for a possible double wide. with a decent size lot or lots.
I believe it is a violation of the by-laws of Indian Acres to rent, sublet, or lease a funstead, or unit to anyone..

Should the park enforce this you would be out, so be mindful before going about aquiring a place in this manner.
Enforce

Minneapolis, MN

#189 Mar 15, 2010
If you were looking to rent, sublet, or lease a funstead I don't think you will run into a problem with the park enforcing it. This whole thread is about them not being able to enforce anything, ever. It's a shame that people think they are entitled to this and that on this board. I think the Ray guy is trying to do the best from his perspective but what is happening there has been going on forever. I have a couple of places in the park. I don't put my name because why attach your name to something that will not do anything. Talk to me in 5 years.
ben dover

Wilmington, DE

#191 Mar 17, 2010
Elkton needs to have a nuclear bomb dropped on it.
Happy

Severna Park, MD

#192 Mar 26, 2010
I am happy I found this before we thought about buying one of the lots for sale for a summer vacation place. I have three small boys that go to Catholic school and a husband that just wants a nice family place that we can take our boat out of. Sounds like this is not the place for us! Shwoooo!
Disappointed

Bristol, PA

#193 Mar 26, 2010
Happy wrote:
I am happy I found this before we thought about buying one of the lots for sale for a summer vacation place. I have three small boys that go to Catholic school and a husband that just wants a nice family place that we can take our boat out of. Sounds like this is not the place for us! Shwoooo!
Your thinking is right. This is no longer a nice family place to buy a summer retreat especially with children. They would be exposed to alot more than any decent parent would want. Keep your family safe and look elsewhere. We don't go there anymore and wish we were able to find a sucker to buy ours!
shadow customs llc

Berwyn, PA

#194 Apr 7, 2010
Disappointed wrote:
<quoted text>
Your thinking is right. This is no longer a nice family place to buy a summer retreat especially with children. They would be exposed to alot more than any decent parent would want. Keep your family safe and look elsewhere. We don't go there anymore and wish we were able to find a sucker to buy ours!
hello i was reading your post ,you say you have a place for sale or you looking to sale it ...do you have pic's and the price you are offering .you can email me at [email protected] thanks shadow customs
Dont be Stupid

Philadelphia, PA

#195 Apr 8, 2010
This forum is not exactly a secure or honest, and
if this company topix is even 100% legit being they never return contacts to them etc.. is a whole other story, its a blog board and nothing else just because it has news on it does not mean anything.
Do not sell, exchange or give your information to anyone on here.
Thank You
Shirley

Bordentown, NJ

#196 Apr 22, 2010
LongKnife wrote:
Indian Acres needs to have C-130 gunships come in and level it.
YOU ARE AN A __ H ___., NOT EVERYBODY IN THERE ARE BAD PEOPLE.
ben dover

Omaha, NE

#197 May 3, 2010
drug dealer robbed on saturday night at gunpoint
Soooo Wrong Heather

United States

#198 May 3, 2010
ben dover wrote:
drug dealer robbed on saturday night at gunpoint
they knew where the drugs were
ray

Media, PA

#199 May 6, 2010
not a drug dealer they stold the peoples medication diebetic meds also
druggies robed the people not drug dealers
ben dover

Omaha, NE

#200 May 7, 2010
what fantasy world do you live in? DRUG DEALER robbed by DRUG ADDICTS.
ray

Media, PA

#201 May 7, 2010
i know the guy that got robbed he is not a drug dealer the guy got robbed why hate on him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cecil County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cecil County State's Attorney Guilty in Indecen... Dec '16 Boner 1
Human Resources Director Dec '16 Curious George 1
Convicted jail guard Dec '16 Curious George 2
News Research center finds anti-Muslim hate crimes j... (Oct '16) Oct '16 noobieR 2
News 2 found dead in Cecil County house fire (Oct '16) Oct '16 fallenstar217 1
Cecil County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records (Oct '16) Oct '16 Elaine 3
Vote For Donald Trump (Apr '16) Sep '16 Vote for change 5
More from around the web