Holy cow! - I think I can "out" Coolmind! Check it out!

Posted in the Cecil County Forum

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Apr 27, 2011
Truth

Dunkirk, MD

#1 Oct 27, 2010
Based on a few specific recent posts here, coupled with some emails I have received from a group of which I am a follower (have even considered membership) called The Cecil County SECAC (Special Education Citizenís Advisory Committee), I believe I have a bead on who is our mysterious "Coolmind". If I'm right, I'm shocked at the nastiness that she is bringing to the table here under the guise of anonymity.

Let's test the waters shall we?

Coolmind? You are either the chair of SECAC, Karen Guilbault, or you are someone who is following very similar emailing patterns with nearly identical thoughts and links in recent days.

Do you dare reveal yourself?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 28, 2010
Nobody wants to get in on this with me? Come on!
Spice Girl

United States

#3 Oct 28, 2010
Doesn't seem like anyone's interested.

Location hidden

#4 Oct 28, 2010
I noticed. I'm really surprised since so many people have made comments about her in the past.
Oh well...I guess we'll assume that it's her (I'm 99.9% certain either way) and move ahead.

which spice girl are you anyway? Sporty? Scary?
JesseG

Nottingham, PA

#5 Dec 10, 2010
Who ever this Coolmind person is, I can tell you they are not Karen Guilbault. I happened across this post when I was searching for one of her web pages in Google. I thought I would clear the air. Karen is not a nasty person and she has a big heart, I'm sure if you have been around SECAC you have met her. Karen and I have been married now for over 12 years, and I know she does not treat people that way.

Thanks,
Jesse Guilbault

Since: Dec 10

Nottingham, PA

#6 Dec 10, 2010
I signed up for an account so if you need to reach me you can through this account.

Thanks,
Jess

Location hidden

#7 Dec 10, 2010
Jess a.k.a. LeadSled1. Glad to hear it! Even if I disagree with Karen on some of the things that she sends on behalf of SECAC, I was hoping deep down that this wasn't her.

Take care.
karen

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Dec 10, 2010
This is Karen Guilbault and I am taken back by this..... Please advise me of anything you may disagree with and/or any issues you hear about.... I would love to know being I am the Chair for SECAC. Thank you.
You can contact me at fieldsoffaith@gmail.com

Location hidden

#9 Dec 10, 2010
Karen (from Boston, MA?)- relax. I was wrong. I'm trying to figure out how to delete this thread. I know you are the Chair for SECAC and I know your email since I receive emails from you already.

The disagreements that I have are not important to the overall cause or I would have brought them to you personally.

Since: Jul 10

Everytown USA

#10 Dec 11, 2010
Attention:
'Cool Mind' has morphed into 'ActiveForPeace'.

I'm starting to lose track of ALL the multi-gender-issue personalities of Gary.

And now he is going by an obnoxious little girl picture.

Sad...very sad.
karen

United States

#11 Dec 12, 2010
Truth13 wrote:
Karen (from Boston, MA?)- relax. I was wrong. I'm trying to figure out how to delete this thread. I know you are the Chair for SECAC and I know your email since I receive emails from you already.
The disagreements that I have are not important to the overall cause or I would have brought them to you personally.
Not sure why it said Boston, MA, but it is Karen from Cecil Cty and you are? Anyone in their right mind would react the same way, if they find their name spread on some site being accused of saying things and being nasty. Anything I do or say will be behind my name out in the open, not on some site where people hide behind other names. In the future if anyone has any questions they can come directly to me or the Special Education Department as SECAC is a parent led volunteer organization working with other parents, community members, and school administrators. We encourage everyone and anyone to come to our meetings so we can address any ?'s and concerns and to build partnerships and help others.

Location hidden

#12 Dec 13, 2010
OK...that's reasonable enough. I have been to meetings and am not pleased that the Special Education programming is mixed with Family programming that includes "gender identity" without an opt-out for those who do not want their children exposed to such teachings. The same programming has similar problems with other "faith-based" areas. I am not speaking of issues of Church and State, just matters of tolerance for both sides of the proverbial fence.

When I have brought these issues to the table in the past, I have been ridiculed.

For example, in the email you sent just today you offer information from the Family Voices website which lists

"Family Voices as an organization, operationally defines "Diversity" as valued differences based on ethnicity, age, socio-economic status, religion, language, national origin, political belief, creed, race, color, sex, height, weight, geographic location, disability, GENDER IDENTITY, marital status, and veteran status; and "Cultural Competency" as a fluid, on going life-long process that involves the individuals within the network's ability to think, feel, and act in ways that acknowledge, respect and build upon ethnic, socio-cultural, and linguistic diversity allowing individuals to work effectively cross-culturally.(emphasis added)".

How can I actively support SECAC when it does not fall in line with the values I want to impart to my children?

karen

Elmer, NJ

#13 Dec 14, 2010
Truth13 wrote:
OK...that's reasonable enough. I have been to meetings and am not pleased that the Special Education programming is mixed with Family programming that includes "gender identity" without an opt-out for those who do not want their children exposed to such teachings. The same programming has similar problems with other "faith-based" areas. I am not speaking of issues of Church and State, just matters of tolerance for both sides of the proverbial fence.
When I have brought these issues to the table in the past, I have been ridiculed.
For example, in the email you sent just today you offer information from the Family Voices website which lists
"Family Voices as an organization, operationally defines "Diversity" as valued differences based on ethnicity, age, socio-economic status, religion, language, national origin, political belief, creed, race, color, sex, height, weight, geographic location, disability, GENDER IDENTITY, marital status, and veteran status; and "Cultural Competency" as a fluid, on going life-long process that involves the individuals within the network's ability to think, feel, and act in ways that acknowledge, respect and build upon ethnic, socio-cultural, and linguistic diversity allowing individuals to work effectively cross-culturally.(emphasis added)".
How can I actively support SECAC when it does not fall in line with the values I want to impart to my children?
I would have to question your reason for extracting a diversity statement from a link to an organization (Family Voices) and using it as a mission statement for another (the teachings of SECAC). Neither organization is here to teach anyone what they should, or should not recognize as diversity. The diversity statement qualifies what is recognized as diversity differences by Family Voices.

SECAC does not discriminate against anyone, SECAC does not teach either side of the "proverbial fence". There is tolerance for all, as there is no fence.

You may impart your will on your children, but remember, they have a concience of their own. When they bend against that will, be understanding.

I wish you the best in your endeavors. If you must "opt-out", it will be understood. SECAC will be there with open arms if you decide to come back. We too will be understanding.

Location hidden

#14 Dec 14, 2010
I only extracted the example as simply that...an example. There are quite a few places where the tolerance line is an issue for those of the Conservative Christian bent as it applies to SECAC. Tolerance is not a two-way street in CCPS-related activities. If you do not subscribe to the gender identity issue and similar ideals, you are not welcomed in my view. That is not tolerance.

Look at how you played your response - if I have to "opt-out" you will welcome me back later? Why should I have to opt-out of a group that my taxes help to fund?
wow

Washington, DC

#15 Dec 15, 2010
@ truth, wrongly accusing someone of saying things that are "nasty" on a public forum seems like libel...
Truth13

Joppa, MD

#16 Dec 15, 2010
@Wow - admitting you were wrong and seeking to rectify (besides the fact that libel would not apply if you wanted to get technical here) is not a bad way to go. I tried to make it right even though I still disagree with the her.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#17 Apr 27, 2011
Mr_Bill loves Coolmind.

We disagree on religion,(she is a complete athiest) but she is smarter and more patriotic than all of her funky detractors put together.

I thought of her just recently as I passed through Kent Island in the Chesapeake.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cecil County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police Search For 2 Missing Elkton Teens Last S... Aug 23 Lisa 1
Indian Acres (Oct '07) Aug 11 here we go again 425
Cecil County Sheriff 2014: Political Campaign S... (Mar '13) Aug 1 Q‚ÄĘTip 20
Exposing The SEX CLUB in Port Deposit (Aug '09) Jul '14 guess who 159
Police: Wanted Albert Reeves Found Inside Stole... Jul '14 Toad 3
Homeless in Cecil County Estimated at 300; Scho... (Apr '12) Jul '14 DDH63 2
Scott Adams blowing out rest of field Jun '14 Smith 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••