Teacher under investigation suspended

Teacher under investigation suspended

There are 230 comments on the WIVB-TV Buffalo story from Dec 12, 2011, titled Teacher under investigation suspended. In it, WIVB-TV Buffalo reports that:

SALAMANCA, N.Y. - Talk is swirling around the Salamanca City Central School District where a district employee is on administrative leave and administrators and Cattaraugus County Sheriff's officials are leading their own investigations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB-TV Buffalo.

losers

United States

#218 Jan 10, 2012
How can you people be so stupid? The phone record PROVE he was in contact with that girl sending explicit photos.. The people defending him are probably the other 15 year olds he has hooked up with.. Ive seen him out at thr bars several times. Hes creepy you can tell just by looking at him.
wow

United States

#219 Jan 10, 2012
It's gotta be his wife! I can't imagine anyone else stupid enough to stick up for this loser!
10 years gone

Dunmor, KY

#220 Jan 10, 2012
I seem to remember back a ways when I was in school, A teacher, knocked up a student. A few years later they made him vise principle.
Hello

Lockport, NY

#222 Jan 10, 2012
What the wrote:
<quoted text>
You use the words of a middle school child, so I am assuming that is what you are. This is no place for you, in an adult forum.
You people consider your selfs adults? Your children must be proud. Must be a scum bag from Lincoln ave.
lookingguilty

United States

#223 Jan 10, 2012
Teacher accused of sex abuse suspended
Aaron Mason
Updated: 35 minutes ago

Tuesday night, the Salamanca School Board voted to suspend science teacher Shane Riethmiller and appointed a long-term substitute to take his place for the rest of the school year.
News 4 was in court last Friday when Riethmiller faced a judge on charges of sexually abusing a 16-year-old female student. Prosecutors say the two exchanged explicit pictures of themselves using their cell phones off school grounds.
The Salamanca Schools Superintendent sent a letter home to parents regarding the case against Riethmiller. You can read that letter here.
Wow

United States

#224 Jan 10, 2012
wow wrote:
It's gotta be his wife! I can't imagine anyone else stupid enough to stick up for this loser!
. I am sure it's his wife. She also attacked a news camera outside the court. Ha
Get Real

Salamanca, NY

#225 Jan 10, 2012
lookingguilty wrote:
Teacher accused of sex abuse suspended
Aaron Mason
Updated: 35 minutes ago
Tuesday night, the Salamanca School Board voted to suspend science teacher Shane Riethmiller and appointed a long-term substitute to take his place for the rest of the school year.
News 4 was in court last Friday when Riethmiller faced a judge on charges of sexually abusing a 16-year-old female student. Prosecutors say the two exchanged explicit pictures of themselves using their cell phones off school grounds.
The Salamanca Schools Superintendent sent a letter home to parents regarding the case against Riethmiller. You can read that letter here.
here's the link.... http://wivb.lininteractive.com/documents/Jan%...
parent

Somerset, PA

#226 Jan 11, 2012
What the wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no pictures, he did nothing.
how can u say there were no pictures. have u not seen the news. they have proof!!!!!!!
Another parent

Buffalo, NY

#227 Jan 11, 2012
The news has completely sensationalized this story. I heard the pictures are doctored or photoshopped. You can't believe everything you hear on the news. He hasnot been proven guilty.
lookingguilty

United States

#228 Jan 11, 2012
Photoshopped text messages lol what planet do you live on
parent

Somerset, PA

#229 Jan 11, 2012
yah i know you make no since ( another parent) u cant doctore or photoshop pictures in a phone record it just dont happen. anyone that really believes at this point that he is innocent then they have serious promblems or just cant face the truth. its there!!! all the evidence... it just has to be issued now.. and put out there. it wouldnt be all over the newspaper and news and internet if it was a joke or if he was innocent. face it. he guilty!!!
Another parent

Buffalo, NY

#230 Jan 11, 2012
First, go back to elementary school and learn some proper grammar and punctuation. And second...yes, you can doctor or photoshop cell phone pictures. You can do just about anything on a smart phone these days. We will see.
lol

United States

#231 Jan 11, 2012
Oh really? Can u make clothes disappear too? Lmao!
hahahaha

Chagrin Falls, OH

#232 Jan 11, 2012
Shane Riethmiller is a fn perv .. he was has also faced allegations in fredonia and springville !!! The evidence don't lie !! He sent pics of his junk to 8th grade girls !! don't blame the victim you sick f@cks !! I hope he gets his d!ck bit off by bubba in prison !!!
What the

AOL

#233 Jan 11, 2012
parent wrote:
yah i know you make no since ( another parent) u cant doctore or photoshop pictures in a phone record it just dont happen. anyone that really believes at this point that he is innocent then they have serious promblems or just cant face the truth. its there!!! all the evidence... it just has to be issued now.. and put out there. it wouldnt be all over the newspaper and news and internet if it was a joke or if he was innocent. face it. he guilty!!!
What was reported is what he has been accused of, not what has been proven. All that you claim to "know" about the case, I am amazed that you don't know that there has not been a trial yet. Just because it is all over the internet.....it must be true....LOLOLOLOLOL
What the

AOL

#234 Jan 11, 2012
hahahaha wrote:
Shane Riethmiller is a fn perv .. he was has also faced allegations in fredonia and springville !!! The evidence don't lie !! He sent pics of his junk to 8th grade girls !! don't blame the victim you sick f@cks !! I hope he gets his d!ck bit off by bubba in prison !!!
I suppose you got your info from the internet also, so it must be true? hahahahahahahahahaha! He didn't face so called "allegations" in Fredonia or Springville. You need a new hobby. hahahahahahaha
lol

United States

#235 Jan 11, 2012
You are so dense its not worth explaining to you. But I am sorry that your kids have to live without their dad, because, HE'S GOING TO JAIL
What the

AOL

#236 Jan 11, 2012
lol wrote:
You are so dense its not worth explaining to you. But I am sorry that your kids have to live without their dad, because, HE'S GOING TO JAIL
Sorry, not even related, if it tis but myself you are referring.

please dont be stupid

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#237 Jan 11, 2012
He's charged with at least three felonies, goes in front of a supposed judge and his attorney is able to have him freed, able to interact with the general public; WHY? He's capable of doing the same thing to others while he's free and may carry this abuse further knowing he'll serve jail time, I hope something doesn't happen BUT if it does, its on the conscious of the judge and defense attorney for life! Put this scum in prison! Prisoners don't like child molesters and when they find out he'll end up being everyones bitch! This scum is one chucking piece of work, and who did the background check to hire him, you should put your heads where the sun doesn't shine, leave it there and thank God that this ass'whole didn't hurt anyone physically! He may not of been found guilty but being accused on previous occasions is good for me to deny him employment when it boils down to teaching in this district!

To those who cry that the accuser/victim may haven't told the truth, shame on you! Were talking about a young girl who doesn't know the difference between right or wrong when it comes to any type of sexual activities but is chorused by an adult to do the things she did, if you think she is a liar, look in a mirror and tell yourself you never lied about anything in life and I bet you'll look away soon and you realize that you've lied in the past!

Yes he's innocent until proven guilty and those who say there isn't enough evidence thus he'll be free soon; don't wait to long! Anyone who was arrested on "a public venue" charges of these nature there must be considerable evidence or an arrest wouldn't have happened (see Chuck Crist).
geez

United States

#239 Jan 12, 2012
Except the fact that the sheriffs investigators said they had pictures.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cattaraugus County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3 Franklinville Family Members Charged in Meth ... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Metwo 1
News Gowanda Officer-In-Charge resigning (Feb '17) Feb '17 Deb 1
News No jail for admitted child molester (Sep '12) Dec '16 Madmax 17
News Olean Man To Pay $67K Restitution For Welfare F... (Dec '16) Dec '16 foxtail hats 1
Boces Natalie Montague (Dec '16) Dec '16 Jackie 1
News Police: man left pot on casino floor (Jan '12) Oct '16 Use to gamble 19
pot smoking WVCS principal (Sep '16) Sep '16 billybob 1
More from around the web