Teacher accused of stalking student

Full story: Charlotte.com

John Michael Donadio, an Exceptional Children's program teacher at Fred T. Foard High School in Catawba County.
Comments
1 - 20 of 242 Comments Last updated Apr 22, 2014
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
alexy trott

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

i would like to know where he is being held ar if you could tell me i would surelly apprecite it a lot.
John

Raeford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

Judged:

He is not being held anywhere according to the paper. Also rumors around school is the person who started this is a trouble maker and is failing the teachers class and tried to threaten the teacher and the teacher didnt back down so he made up all this stuff.
shelby

Raeford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2009

Yes, I also heard the kid who did this was a problem student and was mad at the teacher cause the teacher didnt give him a passing grade.
anna

Raeford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

Am I reading the newspaper correctly? Isnt part of his job to keep up with the teenagers who are problem students and make sure they are where they should be and such?
Sounds like this teacher was doing his job and this student didnt want him to keep up with him as required by his job. wonder what the student was doing that he didnt want the teacher, who was suppose to keep up with him, know he was doing.
D from up north

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

What happened to innocent until proven guilty??? I feel bad for Mr.D because this could ruin his life. I feel bad for the kid too because at some point his name is going to be released and if Mr. D was loved by that many students, that dumb kid is going to get his as$ kicked on a daily basis.
How dumb do you need to be to fail a special ed class? My guess is the kid is going to end up in jail, not because of these allocations he's making but because of some other dumb move he will make in his life. Hopefully he will have to bunk with Bubba. I hear Bubba collects finger nail clippings too.=)
Alex

Raeford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2009

From the talk around school, when they tell the brats name that told all these lies on Mr.D, he better not be in school for awhile. A loooooogggg while.
Mr D. is a great teacher and puts up with alot of crap from the students in his classes. He teaches the ones who are always in trouble and should be at the school for problem kids but its full.
Think about it, If he was the type of person who would stalk students, why did it take 25+ yrs for him to start doing it. This "problem" student is going to have problems as soon as the name is released. And it will be shortly
avgcitizen

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2009

Judged:

If the student made this up, this is simply awful and sounds like that is certainly a high possibility! Does anyone remember about 12 years ago when a similar thing happened to one of the Catawba County Schools' principals (a middle school principal)? A female student accused him of making sexual advances toward her. He was put on administrative leave first; then either he resigned or was fired--I think he resigned. Well, it went on and on...then shortly b/4 it was to go to court, the gal's family dropped the charges. Other kids said all along that she made it up because she had a very bad reputation. Turns out she was a liar (as many had said all along) and guess what? She turned up pregnant (which is why they couldn't go on with the charade any longer)...because the father certainly wasn't the principal--he had never touched her! But all through the ordeal he kept saying "I have faith that God will see me through this. The truth will come out." And it did. What a courageous man! But this girl's lying accusations still made a mark for life on this man and almost ruined him forever!

This could be another case like the one I just recalled! Sad, sad, sad, if this is the case!
WTF

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Judged:

Some people are just so sad. What does the kid think is going to happen once they find out he lied. His life is over now too. It's just a shame that he had to take down a honest man with him. I hope he has to live with this for the rest of his life, or at least until he takes his life over what he has done.
Lisa

Raeford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2009

Judged:

Has anything ever happened to the kid who told these lies??
I care for teacher

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Judged:

Has anyone heard any news about Mr. D? Wasn't his court date set for today? If anyone has any updates please let me know.

Our thoughts are with you teach!!

Since: May 09

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2009

Judged:

This is why every teacher should join the NEA. They will back you up with attorneys. Never give up Mr. D! By the way our former US Secretary of Education called the NEA a terrorist organization equating them to al quaeda and the Taliban. Also many conservative talk show host often trash the NEA and teachers. This is a prime example of why we need our union, because in education you are guilty until proven innocent.
Justthinkingofth egoodguy

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

Judged:

Has the teacher gone to court yet to be proven innocent? Why are they waiting so long to put this to rest? I'm sure the the teacher would like to just try and move on and start to get his life back to some sort of normal.
justsayin

Supply, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2009

Judged:

Something isn't right about this entire story...too much "ickiness" involved.
I don't know either the teacher or the student, but if the teacher is being wrongfully accused, I feel very sorry for him. If, on the other hand, the student is telling the truth and the teacher has been going "overboard", then wow...a lot of people will be in shock, hurt, and wondering what happened.
I hope the truth comes out in court.
looking for news

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Judged:

Has anyone heard any news on this yet? I hear the school wants him to resign... even before he has his day in court!!
John

Moyock, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

Judged:

I actually work at this school and no one has said anything about asking him to resign. Mostly the talk is about when it is going to be over and he is back to work.

Since: May 09

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

John wrote:
I actually work at this school and no one has said anything about asking him to resign. Mostly the talk is about when it is going to be over and he is back to work.
I am very glad to hear this. I worked with Mr. D. his first year at Foard. We had several students in common, and he impressed me with his work ethic and sincerity.
shawn donadio

Hudson, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2009

Judged:

I was adopted by John Donadio when I was 15 years old when he lived at 1105 treadway drive deltona, fl. John Donadio molested me for two years untill one night his second wife caught him in the act.the shame and embarresment has kept me quit for years.i am shaking as iwrite this.i understand the doubt people have.he appears to the rest of the world to be a kind, generous,church going man.that is his m.o.it is never the person who looks like a child molester that actually is.i know that he has done this at least twice more besides me.by the way,he kept a lock of my hair in his wallet.anyone who can tell me how to get in touch with the local police post on this page.thank you,shawn donadio
LIFE COACH

Biscoe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Judged:

shawn donadio wrote:
I was adopted by John Donadio when I was 15 years old when he lived at 1105 treadway drive deltona, fl. John Donadio molested me for two years untill one night his second wife caught him in the act.the shame and embarresment has kept me quit for years.i am shaking as iwrite this.i understand the doubt people have.he appears to the rest of the world to be a kind, generous,church going man.that is his m.o.it is never the person who looks like a child molester that actually is.i know that he has done this at least twice more besides me.by the way,he kept a lock of my hair in his wallet.anyone who can tell me how to get in touch with the local police post on this page.thank you,shawn donadio
Just another kid trying to start trouble. He dont even have a kid named shawn. Go play somewhere else brat. If you do contact the police, they will know you are FOS casue as I said, he dont have a kid named shawn.
wiseoldowl

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

shawn donadio wrote:
To: The person pretending to be Shawn, Mr. Donadio's adopted kid...
If this was on the "up & up", you would have sense enough to locate the local police yourself instead of posting on a public forum, asking how to do so. Go away, troublemaker!!!
shawn donadio

Hudson, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2009

Judged:

LIFE COACH and wiseoldowl,

you speak of things that you have no knowlege of.i will be kind enough to accept your apology when the truth comes out on 9/22.keep your eyes and ears open to your local media.the local police have been contacted.as someone who is in fl. it was a little difficult to find the phone numbers i needed.my main reason for posting my first comment was to make sure that people knew who john donadio really is so that he cannot continue to take advantage of teen boys.also it seems that everyone is doubting the 17 yr. old boy and that is a problem in our society.we blame the victim and let the crimminal go.i dont expect anypne who has never been a victim of abuse to understand.keep your heads buried in the sand.also try doing a little research.check a marriage to mary a. donadio and an address 1105 treadway drive deltona, fl.did it ever occour to you that john donadio only claims 3 sons because he is afraid of what i have to say?check out the facts then get back to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Catawba County Discussions

Search the Catawba County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Man dies in early morning wreck in Catawba County (Sep '12) Jun '14 mean people 12
State hopes to expand N.C. 150 in Lake Norman (Nov '13) Dec '13 jclj86 7
Food Network to film "Food Court Wars" segment ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Kilroy 2
Dillon McWilliams (Dec '13) Dec '13 Need to Know 1
Prescription for pain (Feb '11) Oct '13 Taggart 12
Godless Group Forms in Hickory, NC (Aug '13) Sep '13 Yuup 64
Trial set for high school coach accused of sex ... (Apr '13) Jul '13 Jack Link 3
•••
•••