McDowell grand jury returns indictments

Aug 17, 2009 Full story: Marion (McDowell) News 11

A Catawba County man accused of taking a local teen to Illinois will face his charges in McDowell County Superior Court.

Full Story
QueenBee

United States

#1 Aug 18, 2009
The question is: Did she go freely or was she REALLY kidnapped? I am not condoning a 25 year old man with a 15 year old, but sometimes young girls think that they are "in love", so they do anything to "keep" their man.
Todd

Gaffney, SC

#2 Aug 18, 2009
it doesnt matter if she went willingly. it is still illegal on his part. he should have been mature enough to know that.
QueenBee

United States

#3 Aug 18, 2009
Todd wrote:
it doesnt matter if she went willingly. it is still illegal on his part. he should have been mature enough to know that.
I totally agree, but as I said before, sometimes the young girl thinks she is in "love", and sometimes the MAN thinks so too, so he doesn't use his head to think tings out. Or may be he doesn't have the mind of a 25 year old. It doesn't say. And once again I am not condoning what happened.
15 will get you 20

Raleigh, NC

#4 Aug 20, 2009
QueenBee wrote:
<quoted text>I totally agree, but as I said before, sometimes the young girl thinks she is in "love", and sometimes the MAN thinks so too, so he doesn't use his head to think tings out. Or may be he doesn't have the mind of a 25 year old. It doesn't say. And once again I am not condoning what happened.
So what are you trying to say because it sure seems like you are taking up for the 25 yr old.
QueenBee

United States

#5 Aug 20, 2009
15 will get you 20 wrote:
<quoted text>So what are you trying to say because it sure seems like you are taking up for the 25 yr old.
I am not sticking up for the 25 year old man. what he did was WRONG! All I am saying is that all of the reasons have to be looked at.
15 will get you 20

Raleigh, NC

#6 Aug 20, 2009
You said sometimes men do not use their head when thinking. He was using his head alright, just the wrong one!
QueenBee

United States

#7 Aug 20, 2009
15 will get you 20 wrote:
You said sometimes men do not use their head when thinking. He was using his head alright, just the wrong one!
EXACTLY!
QueenBee

United States

#8 Aug 20, 2009
By the way, it is not always the men that get in this kind of trouble. Look at the female school teachers that got caught. Plus, if you remember a few months back a woman from Nebo was arrested for sleeping with a 14 year old boy. I happen to know her, and she has been in trouble since I have known her.

“Kiss it!”

Since: Jul 09

Floating in the universe

#9 Aug 21, 2009
Queenbee, sounds like you speak from experience.
QueenBee

United States

#10 Aug 21, 2009
distraughtnow wrote:
Queenbee, sounds like you speak from experience.
NO! I would never do anything like that! I am just stating fact. I am a person that keeps up on current events and news. Also i have teenagers myself, and know what they can be faced with on a daily basis.
bessie

Spotsylvania, VA

#11 Feb 23, 2013
i believe its not right but something needs to happen n court documents to chege the arrest and convition of those who r charged with rape if someone went with someone on there own..instead those men who decide to date someone younger gets rape charges on them and have to b labled as sex affenders

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catawba County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
joshua sandlin (Feb '10) Dec 11 Inquisitive9957 5
Mixed feelings among area magistrates on same-s... Nov 25 Liberal forever 1
Man dies in early morning wreck in Catawba County (Sep '12) Jun '14 mean people 12
Teacher accused of stalking student (May '09) Apr '14 ester 242
State hopes to expand N.C. 150 in Lake Norman (Nov '13) Dec '13 jclj86 7
Food Network to film "Food Court Wars" segment ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Kilroy 2
Dillon McWilliams (Dec '13) Dec '13 Need to Know 1
More from around the web